REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Heat exhaustion/stroke

Hey guys, just wondering what your guys' experience were with heat exhaustion or heat stroke?
How long did it it take to recover to be able to work out properly again?

Skip2MyPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I would give myself a full day if heat stroke.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #3

Well, I got back on the 29th. Did some moderate-light exercising from Mon-Fri. Some tolerable faintness hitting upper body. When I hit legs yesterday, I felt really crappy after 4 sets of leg press at 70%. I'm still feeling off, and definitely gonna avoid the gym for a bit. Just wondering how long it will take for me to recover to be able to exercise properly again, as it has been almost a week.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
A week should have been ample time. I don't lift, I do more endurance/plyometric/resistance training so maybe someone else would have a better answer.

Have you thought about your food intake? it sounds like what happens to me if i'm not eating enough.

But definitely should not do anything to cause damage to your system, i totally agree with that.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #5

Well, long story short, I went to Vegas for EDC from 19th-24th and then went down to Paradiso music festival from 26-29th. Went to gym on 25th and hit all body parts, as I haven't gone to gym when in Vegas. Felt fine until I get onto my leg workouts. This is where I felt VERY faint and had to lie down and get assessed. I was at the gym for maybe 2.5 hours. I only had 2 hard boiled eggs prior to the workout and had a monster energy drink maybe 30-45 minutes prior to feeling faint. I felt fine the next day and everything hit me on the 27th, landing me in the first aid room. I had drank the night of the 26th and did some pre-drinking on the 27th as well as having some redbull.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:17 PM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Your body is essentially telling you to FUCK OFF. That Monster didn't do you any favours unless you drank liters of water while you worked out.

You didn't have heat stroke. If you have heat stroke you're fucked and going to the hospital ASAP because you're literally being cooked from the inside out.

Heat exhaustion, give it a couple hours and you should be fine.

You didn't experience any of these. You experienced your body reacting to you going hard after, I assume, you treated it like shit.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #7

Yeah. Thinking about it, all that I'm experiencing could be a result of prolonged physical overexertion.