REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 07-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Dedicated Bittorrent Downloader

Scenario:

I know that a NAS can do what I want to do, plus more, but I don't wish to spend hundreds more on features that I don't not need now (for ex. RAID). I am strictly looking for a device that can attach to my Linksys E4200 (Tomato) via Ethernet and download torrents (on-demand or scheduled downloads). It needs to have it's own bittorrent management software that can connect to a VPN or Sock5 Proxy. I need it primary as a network-attached storage media, other features like DLNA, iOS, Android, Cloud Storage, would only be bonus.

Is there an external HD that fits my criteria?

I have a Raspberry Pi. I was considering of using that as a budget NAS, but I don't want to deal with Linux anymore.
Advertisement
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:09 AM   #2
Resident Bullshitter

Most NAS already have built in BT function
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Buffalo makes a external HD with network input so it's a NAS, but it's relativity inexpensive and has dedicated BT client.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote