REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:12 PM   #326
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I went to the Rainforest Cafe in Cancun and got severe food poisoning
Advertisement
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:03 PM   #327
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
was cleaning some stuff & found some old tapes when i was back in van

like these

it use to be for our old answering machine we use to have

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:20 PM   #328
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^ Reminded me of this.

I still have this in my closet somewhere.
way2quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:39 AM   #329

cant believe this was not mention yet, but im sure u guys all remember the molson indy vancouver right

but it was cancel cuz too many eco hipsters complain about it

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...

Last edited by ae101; 04-15-2015 at 03:53 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2015, 11:04 AM   #330
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
cant believe this was not mention yet, but im sure u guys all remember the molson indy vancouver right

but it was cancel cuz too many eco hipsters complain about it
I'm pretty sure it was the people living in the area complaining about the noise the cars made. It only happened once a year, would it have killed them to plan a day out if they didn't want to hear it?

I was pretty young when it happened and I'm not sure if I ever went, but I know my parents did at some point and they said it was a blast. It's a shame it ended.
euromoron is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #331
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,308 Times in 5,630 Posts
It ended because condos took over the track
Old 04-16-2015, 11:06 AM   #332
GS8

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Throwback Thursday

The Vancouver skyline: Past, present and future
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #333

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Lives downtown yet complains about the noise. GFY!!!!! I went to the Molson Indy back in 2004 I think with pit passes. It was epicly awesome. I liked the SCCA type car races even better than the Indy itself. Went all 3 days and had an awkward car boner the whole time.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:33 PM   #334
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Lives downtown yet complains about the noise. GFY!!!!! I went to the Molson Indy back in 2004 I think with pit passes. It was epicly awesome. I liked the SCCA type car races even better than the Indy itself. Went all 3 days and had an awkward car boner the whole time.
Lol, nothing's changed... the same fucking idiots complain about the BC Place lights ALL the time.

I absolutely can't stand people who move to the city and complain about light and noise. Shut the fuck up and move to a house in the boonies then where your closest neighbor is 2km away and it's totally dark at night. It's not like you didn't know those types of things exist in Downtown, IMO every downtown core has its fair share of "disruptions" that any normal person can eventually tune out...

...personally my "nostalgia" is missing a Vancouver where people weren't so entitled and didn't bitch and moan about every little insignificant thing that pervades their illusions of a happy life
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:46 PM   #335
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
I remember when I was young, people obeyed the crosswalk signal. When the sign changed to don't walk, folks waited until the next light change.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:48 PM   #336
GS8

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
I didn't realize that Motorweek was uploading old shows. Typically you had to find it through reuploads from random accounts (with included white noise and TRACKING flashing on the screen)

There's a bunch but here's some random clips

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:57 AM   #337
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2015, 12:38 PM   #338
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,811 Times in 2,500 Posts
Tropical tasted like clearly Canadian. Mix it with vodka

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #339
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
7-up Tropical Splash = WIN!
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #340

sprite ICE, that was a fail

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 04-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #341
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
the other day I had to google what this was called because I didn't remember the name of it

Spoiler!

with the compass card abolished...it's sad to think we're still on a very similar system 15+ years later
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:04 AM   #342
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/full-hou...flix-1.3041892

It's official. Netflix will be the home of a long-rumoured Full House reunion, followed by a spinoff of the beloved 1990s sitcom that will be called Fuller House.

John Stamos, who played Uncle Jesse on the original ABC series, broke the news Monday night on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Netflix also confirmed details in a news release.

"We've been working on this for many, many years," Stamos told the late-night host. "It starts as a reunion and then spins off into this — like a spinoff," the actor explained.
Plot is 'sort of a reversal'

The original sitcom centred on the foibles of three grown men who were living together in San Francisco to raise three little girls.

Fuller House picks up with grown-up sisters Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin) and D.J. Tanner (Candice Cameron-Bure) two decades later.

But this time, D.J. is a recently widowed pregnant mother of two.

Andrea Barber will reprise her role as the annoying but beloved family friend Kimmy Gibbler.

Like the original, the three women move in together to help raise D.J's kids — a similar plot to the original when D.J.'s and Stephanie's dad, Danny Tanner, played by Bob Saget, invite Uncle Jesse and Uncle Joey, played by Dave Coulier, to move in with him.

"It's sort of a reversal," described Stamos, who is producing the 13-episode series, and will guest star as the hair-obsessed Uncle Jesse.

Talks are underway to have Saget, Coulier and other original stars, such as Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who alternated in the role of Michelle, the youngest of the three Tanner children, and Lori Loughlin, who played Uncle Jesse's wife, make guest appearances.

"We're going to try and to get everybody in the first hour special." said Stamos, "and then it'll go into the spinoff."

Created by original Full House creator Jeff Franklin, Fuller House will premiere on Netflix in 2016.

Full House attracted a loyal legion of fans, many of whom grew up with the comedy over its eight seasons.

A total of 192 episodes aired during its run from 1987 to 1995 on ABC in the U.S.

"The love you saw on the show was real," executive producers Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin said in a joint statement.

"The cast has remained a loving family off screen all these years. We are as excited as our fans to finally bring Full House back to life."

Fuller House is just the latest in string of television reboots.

Coach, The Muppet Show and Inspector Gadget are all being developed for a return to the small-screen as networks attempt to bank on viewers' nostalgia.

Cult crime drama Twin Peaks is being revived for Showtime, even after co-creator David Lynch dropped out of the project.

ABC is said to be working on a TV adaptation of John Hughes's Uncle Buck and Disney is revisiting the cartoon DuckTales.

X-Files fans rejoiced upon learning the popular paranormal drama is making a come back after 13 years off the air.

When asked about the sheer volume of '90s TV remakes, X-Files creator Chris Carter told The Daily Beast even he was skeptical.

"The cynical part of me says this is programming by feather duster," said Carter.

"The other part of me says that if something is good, that doesn't necessarily mean its over. It's not just sitting on the shelf gathering dust, it's actually accruing value."
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:12 AM   #343

Thanked 6,487 Times in 1,150 Posts
found this the other day =D

artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2015, 07:44 PM   #344

i remember back in high school when the 1st sony psp came out & i got one, felt cool

but then when the DS lite came out almost EVERYONE i knew had one in high school (expect me), everyone was playing mario kart together during lunch time & all it was best way to make friends (especially asian girls lol)

by the time i got one, it the trend just stopped

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-21-2015, 08:14 PM   #345
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
cleaning out stuff from my mom's house. Found some old school transit tokens.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #346
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

A few summers ago I helped the old lady down the street pick out all the weeds from her front yard and on the floor of her shed she had a few cans of Woodward's branded motor oil. Woodward's was before my time but I'm kinda fascinated by its history and it was cool to see stuff like that lying around.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but did anyone else see the Eaton's lettering at Lansdowne Mall years after it closed? I'm not sure if it remained after the Target overhaul but it was definitely there when it was a Zellers. I only just barely remember Eaton's so it was kinda weird seeing the outline of the letters there that long afterward. On a related note I'm pretty sure we still have some Eaton's clothes hangers in our closet.

I'm not sure what it is but failed department stores really interest me. Maybe it's just how physically large they can be that makes me interested in how they fail. I don't know, it's just a weird obsession of mine.
euromoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:52 PM   #347
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,902 Times in 3,865 Posts
^ When did Eaton's close down? I vaguely remember the name so I'm guessing in the 90's?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:20 PM   #348
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
^ When did Eaton's close down? I vaguely remember the name so I'm guessing in the 90's?
From what I remember, the company went bankrupt in 1999. So many painful memories of hours spent sitting on the benches in the shoe section while my mom went shopping back when I was little...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2015, 05:54 PM   #349
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
they went under in 99 but iirc the metrotown eatons side of the mall remained named eatons for a lil while, same with some other locations across canada
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:11 PM   #350
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
From what I remember, the company went bankrupt in 1999. So many painful memories of hours spent sitting on the benches in the shoe section while my mom went shopping back when I was little...
I just ran around and hid inside the clothes racks annoying everyone lol!
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote