REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #26
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,901 Times in 3,865 Posts
Props to the other officers as well, had a bylaw officer show up Saturday because someone complained that the butt of my RX7 was sticking into the road a bit (it's on storage insurance). He asked how long I needed to move it so I told him I could do it Sunday, he just took my name and number and told me he'd swing by Sunday night and make sure it was moved. Super nice guy who could've given me a fine, but it was much appreciated that he didn't.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #27
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thank you to the officer who caught me speeding well over the limit along s2s right before New Years night to meet friends in whistler after a break up. The hour long convo we had in my car about ex girlfriends will not be forgotten...

No ticket issued, nothing, except for this comment "life is too short to end it over a dumb bitch"

Never had a bad experience with a cop, even when I've obviously done something wrong.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:51 PM   #28
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I'm really jealous of everybody's experiences.

I got pulled over two times, once for driving 70 in a 50 (down Nanaimo from Kingsway) and another time going 100 in an 80 somewhere in Surrey/Delta - both times resulted in tickets with no chance of warning or plead.
Got pulled into a road block on Alexandra Rd in richmond when I first got my license for not displaying an N. That thing was literally in my glove box but I forgot to display - I always take it off when I park in case it gets stolen. Irony.

But I do appreciate the police and the shit they deal with especially in the DTES. I guess i'm just unlucky
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:52 PM   #29
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Thank you VPD for giving me warnings instead of tickets when you've pulled me over in the past years.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #30
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
Thank you to the officer that made an error(so I can dispute it) on my HOV ticket since I was unaware that east of the Port Man the HOV lane is in effect 24/7 unlike the east side of the bridge. He then made fun of me about being a New England Patriots fan since he’s a big Chicago Bears fan.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #31
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Thank you to the officer that made an error(so I can dispute it) on my HOV ticket since I was unaware that east of the Port Man the HOV lane is in effect 24/7 unlike the east side of the bridge. He then made fun of me about being a New England Patriots fan since he’s a big Chicago Bears fan.
If I recall correctly, there is no dashed line to allow you to legally exit the HOV lane if you're travelling outside of "rush hours" west of the bridge before you hit the 24/7 section east of the bridge. (well it was that way last time I crossed the bridge and I was thinking about the HOV lane)

And now back to your regularly scheduled Yo, yo, thank tha Police programming.
ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thank you to the police officer who pulled me over late at night to remind me to turn on my lights when driving late at night.

Thank you to the police officer who let me go with a warning after making a left turn on an intersection around 2am in the morning on a red when there were no visible cars around

Thank you for the police officers who there there on the scene during my first car accident - was never happier to see flashing red and blue
PandaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2014, 04:24 AM   #33
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Thanks to the cop who stopped traffic to help me do a illegal U Turn after he pulled me over
dhami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:30 AM   #34
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,099 Times in 168 Posts
I've got some stories from when I was a shit disturber, but I doubt anyone would believe them lol.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #35
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
I'm really jealous of everybody's experiences.

I got pulled over two times, once for driving 70 in a 50 (down Nanaimo from Kingsway) and another time going 100 in an 80 somewhere in Surrey/Delta - both times resulted in tickets with no chance of warning or plead.
Got pulled into a road block on Alexandra Rd in richmond when I first got my license for not displaying an N. That thing was literally in my glove box but I forgot to display - I always take it off when I park in case it gets stolen. Irony.

But I do appreciate the police and the shit they deal with especially in the DTES. I guess i'm just unlucky
Or maybe you just came off as a prick
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:44 AM   #36
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Or maybe you just came off as a prick
Are you assuming that all cops will let you off with a warning if you are nice? the cops were just doing their job. the people who get off with a warning ARE lucky.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #37
PRINCESS

Thanks officer Basi (I think) who was this cute undercover brown cop in richmond for letting me go with a warning when i was wrapped up in adrenaline rush after a work out and was driving like an idiot.
He let me off when I was going 40 over the limit, cut him off, break check him and drifted into my street.

And thanks to the asian officer who came with a caucasian officer who pulled me over at Iona beach just to check out the car. That was sorta a fun night

And thanks to the point roberts officer who didn't ticket me doing 57 miles at 30 limit cuz I was clueless. He said he knows it's "tough for students these days"

Thanks to the 7 officers, fire fighter and ambulance crew that came and reassured me everything was okay when I was having panic attack from a cyclist t-boning my car. But special thanks to off duty officer who stopped when I just got into the accident and helped us sort things out even though everything was fine.

But fuck you to the ass shat yesterday who kept on saying I didn't have a front plate when it was on the side and then once he noticed it was there he started giving me fuss about how it's apparently hard to see and "angled". I''ve talked to numerous different officers about it before and it's perfectly horizontal. Also asked me why I didn't have an N when I had class 5.
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #38
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
I've always been ok with the Po Po of vancouver.

Then you have this fuck:

that makes an officer's job of keeping drunk drivers from potentially killing themselves or others harder than it has to be.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #39
RS controls my life!

ugh
that video of the driver really pissed me off
just answer the simple fucking question and move the fuck on. making such a big deal out of nothing
MikeyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #40
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
Thanks officer Basi (I think) who was this cute undercover brown cop in richmond for letting me go with a warning when i was wrapped up in adrenaline rush after a work out and was driving like an idiot.
He let me off when I was going 40 over the limit, cut him off, break check him and drifted into my street.

And thanks to the asian officer who came with a caucasian officer who pulled me over at Iona beach just to check out the car. That was sorta a fun night

And thanks to the point roberts officer who didn't ticket me doing 57 miles at 30 limit cuz I was clueless. He said he knows it's "tough for students these days"

Thanks to the 7 officers, fire fighter and ambulance crew that came and reassured me everything was okay when I was having panic attack from a cyclist t-boning my car. But special thanks to off duty officer who stopped when I just got into the accident and helped us sort things out even though everything was fine.

But fuck you to the ass shat yesterday who kept on saying I didn't have a front plate when it was on the side and then once he noticed it was there he started giving me fuss about how it's apparently hard to see and "angled". I''ve talked to numerous different officers about it before and it's perfectly horizontal. Also asked me why I didn't have an N when I had class 5.
lol, Cpl Basi..... such the ladies man.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #41
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
I've always been ok with the Po Po of vancouver.

Then you have this fuck:
Vancouver Police / RCMP Harassment Roadblock Checkpoint - YouTube

that makes an officer's job of keeping drunk drivers from potentially killing themselves or others harder than it has to be.
sweet jesus ,

everytime i've been through a road block, i usually have this convo

Officer : where are you coming from?
me : girlfriends house.
Officer : Have you had anything to drink?
me: no

done.... and then sometimes,

Officer : what were you doing there.
Me: had sex...................(sometimes i throw in )....... ten times
Officer : **chuckle** , move along.

i just try to crack jokes / make a funny just to brighten their day. to get a smile on duty must be tough, so why not give them a laugh or two.

9/10 times they respond to it quite well. and the other times,

cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #42
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

first time i was through a road block the officer stuck his head in my car and asked me the same questions. i left in 10 seconds.

thanks to the officers who helped me in a possible stalking situation. you can say im still alive cause im posting this
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2014, 04:52 AM   #43
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
lol, Cpl Basi..... such the ladies man.
Yep...but not much of a Traffic Member.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #44
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyStyle View Post
ugh
that video of the driver really pissed me off
just answer the simple fucking question and move the fuck on. making such a big deal out of nothing
Maybe he's part of that group of people who purposely try to get reactions from cops and then posting it up saying they are being harrassed. He's a total dick though and I respect how calmly those officers handled the situation.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #45
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
Maybe he's part of that group of people who purposely try to get reactions from cops and then posting it up saying they are being harrassed. He's a total dick though and I respect how calmly those officers handled the situation.
werd
he's an ostentatious nerd
if by "fuck the police" you mean fuck corruption & prejudice, then by all means; but fuck the police for doing their jobs? nah son, fuck you
Old 07-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #46
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post

What a fucking bullshit excuse...

Women have it way too easy.

I bet any guy in this position even when being 100% courteous, respectful and admitting fault without coming up with those excuses would've had their car impounded and/or face a large penalty.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #47
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,901 Times in 3,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn3r View Post
werd
he's an ostentatious nerd
if by "fuck the police" you mean fuck corruption & prejudice, then by all means; but fuck the police for doing their jobs? nah son, fuck you
I immediately discount anyone who groups people together, because anyone stupid enough to do so isn't going to have an argument worth listening to.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #48
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
As much as we appreciate the passion behind various viewpoints, I'm requesting that we all play nice in the sandbox here. If it turns into a litterbox fight then the offending "turds' will be scooped out and clenliness will prevail...as much as possible. After all, this IS RS!!!!!!
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #49
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
What a fucking bullshit excuse...

Women have it way too easy.

I bet any guy in this position even when being 100% courteous, respectful and admitting fault without coming up with those excuses would've had their car impounded and/or face a large penalty.
Not really, I was doing 68 over the limit and the officer let me go.

Not bragging, but just because someone has ovaries doesn't necessarily mean their lives are always easier. Those of us with testicles sometimes get breaks too.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 09:49 AM   #50
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
sorry if i came off harsh
may be meow meow exaggerated her details
i still feel it's much easier for young women to catch a break when dealing with (male) authorities
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote