REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-20-2014, 12:33 AM   #51
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts

Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-20-2014, 02:53 AM   #52
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,243 Times in 574 Posts
Please no Timpo...
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:01 PM   #53
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
looks like a hello kitty porsche next to it too

oh correction its an Akiba Porsche

Spoiler!

At least this was only a temp promotional job for a blu-ray release rather than something permanent
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #54
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post

I could roll up on bitches in this thing all day erryday
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #55
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riff raff View Post
^
Bud, the f458 is one of the most refined supercars around hence the reason why most ballers have a 458 in their collection.
Most refined yet is a paddle shifter/automatic

Ughhh... NO!

Refined would be a CGT 6 speed. Refined would be a GT3 RS in 6 speed. Refined would be a F40 in 6 speed. Anyone can drive a paddle shifter but it takes skill to drive a exotic with 400+HP

Sick of the car companies catering to the "new money" clientele who can't be bothered to drive a stick shift. It's all in the image now look at what I drive, look at my car, look how much money I have everybody, look look look I'm a baller.

Even Porsche is selling out with their new GT3/Turbo PDK. VW going to be the death of Porsche as we know it. Another reason why GT3 RS/GT3/993 are appreciating. People going to regret how good a manual car is once car manufacturers stop building them forever.
Shark Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #56
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Tank View Post

Ughhh... NO!

Refined would be a CGT 6 speed. Refined would be a GT3 RS in 6 speed. Refined would be a F40 in 6 speed. Anyone can drive a paddle shifter but it takes skill to drive a exotic with 400+HP

Sick of the car companies catering to the "new money" clientele who can't be bothered to drive a stick shift. It's all in the image now look at what I drive, look at my car, look how much money I have everybody, look look look I'm a baller.

Even Porsche is selling out with their new GT3/Turbo PDK. VW going to be the death of Porsche as we know it. Another reason why GT3 RS/GT3/993 are appreciating. People going to regret how good a manual car is once car manufacturers stop building them forever.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #57
Need to Seek Professional Help

*** "New money" can't go to a Ferrari dealership and order a 458 without waiting 2 years.
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #58
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
next-gen ferrari will likely be out by then
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #59
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

MCLAREN
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:12 AM   #60
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Carrera GT please.
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:52 AM   #61
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Tank View Post

Ughhh... NO!

Look. I like manual as much as the next guy but quit thinking that having manual transmission is the only way to drive a car. Modern flappy paddle gearboxes are so quick and accurate that just about every supercar has them...because they do it better than we humanly can. Refined means better, more polished and a more elegant solution. Obviously Top Gear should be taken as entertainment but they've shown over the years that double clutch automatic is clearly faster around the track and better to drive.

You're the car equivalent of those girls that simply must buy books from bookstores despite Amazon being 50% cheaper.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #62
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
I find the feeling of slotting it into gear and the increased driver input more important than the speed of selection, from a purely mathematical standpoint yes the flappy paddle is better but from a sensation standpoint I find it hard to believe it's more exciting than rowing your own gears. Admittedly I've never driven a Ferrari so it's a bit of a moot point really.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #63
I STILL don't get it

Thanked 3,710 Times in 328 Posts
My opinion will be biased for you to get into another McLaren lol. But if a CGT is an option, that's what I'd probably go with
DEADBEA7 is offline   Reply With Quote