REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #101
nma
#RVG

You know, as bad as all the replies are, there is so much to learn from everyone's response. Listen buddy, even though people are shitting all over you, there's a lot of value in reading what people have to say. If you're going to get brutal honest truth anywhere, it's going to be here. I guess you would have already seen that if you were a bit more open to criticism.. GL
Advertisement
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #102
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

One thing i learned watching dragons' den or shark tank is that a significant amount of people are delusional and stubborn and think their product will become the next tom's or spanx. This guy is even worse as at least the people on the show invested their own money. This guy is trying to use other people's money and not take any risk.

PS Associating a cheap shoe with an Asian name will never sell in north america due to the perception of made in china quality.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #103
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Lol. How is this guy not suckered into a MLM yet?
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #104
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekin67835 View Post
Because this kid has no money of his own. Otherwise you are right John Chow would have already taken it all.

The best part of this entire thing was right at the beginning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCRZy View Post
Kung Shoes will be an Asian Owned, Operated, and Employed Company, headquartered and protected in Asia with representatives suitable to communicate in other languages in to effectively do business with people who may not speak and understand the common language, English.
Stupid little twat and his "Asian owned and operated company". You are in Canada, your company is going to be CANADIAN smartass. If you wanted Asian investors move your ass back to the homeland and start up there.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #105
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
i applaud him for actually going out and getting something done, even if it's done all wrong... it's more than most people will ever do in their lives.

that being said... i think it's sad that the investment forums most active intraday thread is a buncha people bashing one guy's business idea. lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 02:09 PM   #106
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekin67835 View Post
He has. On his forum he is selling some type of Kangen water machine. Do a group buy with 10 to 12 people get yours free!!!

http://emperorsden.createaforum.com/...tem-for-free!/
Old 07-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #107
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Can you please post pictures and details of the shoes you are looking to sell as well as the contact's and info on how you will be drop shipping the orders to start off.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #108
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,852 Times in 888 Posts
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #109
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Wow, so negative. what are you doing with your life?
Not investing what little money I may have in your business.

On Topic: There were a lot of good questions asked by others but you don't seem to be addressing any of them. One good question was, relating to your experience in fashion / textiles..

You wanted 2k to startup, if you live at home and work a min. wage job, you should be able to save up 2k in a few months no problems.
Or you can try some of these ideas - http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/235468

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by tiger_handheld; 07-21-2014 at 06:18 PM.
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #110
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
How many bricks can you break with your forehead?
sdubfid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #111

Guys, the OP clearly has mental issues. He doesn't need business advice, he needs professional help, likely medicated.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #112
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
I thought Timpo was bad,
......then came multicartual and Shark Tank
......and now we have this Trevor Chan

Gotta love RS.
actually multicartuals old user name was jasons2000 (iirc), so hes not really new lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i always get a kick out of the laughing stocks of RS...AsRealAsItGets, Spoonworks, Hyde, Timpo, Zhangfei, Joe_45, CiC, $14 balla, shark tank +theone+, boostaholic. Not sure if clever trolls or needs to seek professional help for their delusional disorder.

The only ones I dont feels bad for are cement and scamthony.

Anyways OP should be glad this isn't in FC and everyone's still somewhat keeping it civil. You recv'd plenty of good and fair advice in here, try and be more humble in your response and you might just get a better chance at salvaging said startup.
u forgot about b-chow, larry chu & bnr32 (the guy that keeps saying hes from sauders business school)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #113
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
Guys, the OP clearly has mental issues. He doesn't need business advice, he needs professional help, likely medicated.
Actually you'd be amazed at how many people are like OP.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:46 PM   #114
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Copy and Pasted> PM If you are serious.

Kung Shoes Company Business Plan
“Shoes with a kick!”
Executive Summary
The Kung Shoes Business concept was conceived to offer the world an Asian Made alternative to the already established, and popular Toms.com Shoe company that makes Kung Fu/ballet style shoes, and other types of shoes that are Designer/Custom, and Asian Made in Popular, Attractive colours in High Quality Materials (Ie. Leather, Suede, waterproof/breathable materials) that are available to Women, Men, and Children to use for dress, casual, and athletic purposes, which can be re-branded by large corporations such as Hugo Boss in the Luxury market, and Nike, in the athletic market segments.
According to StatisticBrain.com Footwear Industry Statistics, the footwear industry annual revenue is $48 Billion, employing approximately 188 888 people in 31 000 stores. The female market share is 40%, Men’s 35% and 25% other.
The Kung Shoes business will first establish as an ecommerce (drop shipping) site, with advertising available to businesses interested in benefiting from the website traffic, and brand image. Kung Shoes may possibly be in Mall Kiosks, Night Markets, Retail outlets and also offer an affiliate program on Commission Junction when resources are available to expand, and capitalize in these areas.
Objectives
1. To establish, protect, and grow a sustainable corporate business organization in Asia, to market globally by attracting top talent to serve in their respective executive positions, and manage in Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations/Manufacturing, Logistics/Supply Chain Management etc .
2. To employ, and build a workforce that is well supported and appreciated, while having fun every minute of work so they are able to provide excellent and memorable service so customers come back and share their experience with their family, friends, associates and colleagues.
3. To incorporate a Social Responsibility program through philanthropy similar to the Toms One for One concept but in a more practical, and economic way, while employing community service activities so employees feel that their work, and life is making an impact to people and can go home every day knowing they made a difference.
4. To always be creative and innovative through understanding and constant research and development of global market conditions.
5. To see everyone in the company grow with the company, and earn a comfortable, healthy and happy living.

Mission
The KungShoes.com Mission is simple. To offer everyone in the world, regardless of age, sex, socio-economic background, and culture, the ability to experience, and own a pair of Kung Shoes and to learn the variety of Kung Fu Styles for Fitness, Health, and overall well-being via Kung Fu Sifus, while understanding Kung Food Nutrition, and Medication.
Company Summary
Kung Shoes will be a company suitable to individuals, and families striving to constantly improve by asking and listening to feedback from customers so that the company will continue to innovate and inspire its customers to continue to use its products for their benefit. The advantage over the competition is to offer educational fitness/nutrition programs, and offer clothing as well.

Products
Kung Shoes will strive to become a well-known global brand offering style, luxury, affordability, and fun to everyone interested in experiencing the culture, knowledge, and benefits of everything related to Kung Fu.
Products that will be available from Kung Shoes will be a shoe line competitive to Toms.com while offering customers the ability to customize their own shoes with material selection and embroidery. Also available will be the opportunity to own a modernized portable Mook Jong/Wooden Dummy and also the information to build your very own. Kung Shoes will continue to educate its customers with Kung Food Recipes from Food Professionals, Kung Fu Sifus via such mediums as Traditional Schools/Dojo’s , Written material, and audio/video available physically and online. Clothing and Accessories are also potential growth avenues.
Market Analysis Summary
With a global population of 7 billion people and if everyone in the world was able to own a pair dependant on their socio-economic situation/status, and had to purchase/own a new pair every year, this would continue to employ people, and the company would have long term sustainability by continuing to have to produce to meet demand.

Market Segmentation
Luxury
Casual
Athletic
Target Market Segment Strategy
1. The Family Market (Casual and Athletic) will be the largest market with a typical family consisting of parents in their late 30’s and early 40’s with two children which means that they may purchase as a family on average 8 pairs of shoes per year depending on factors such a usage, product quality and environmental conditions.
2. The Luxury and Business Professional Market will probably be the smallest market serving only a select few, which may be where there is a higher profit margin
3. The “in need” market will be important, serving those in need of quality shoes who cannot personally afford to purchase on their own, which can be sold through charitable organizations to give to their clients.
Industry Analysis (Competition and Buying Patterns)
Tapping into the current popularity of the Toms.com brand and offering a better alternative with more value added services and programs will be The Kung Shoes Company advantage, being able to generate enough sales to generate profits to continue to innovate and grow the company for long term sustainability. The competitive advantage will be offering Kung Fu lessons, Kung Food Recipes/Diet, Nutritional Information as well as Asian Medicine Literature and the opportunity for customers to purchase a portable Mook Jong/Wooden Dummy to practice and play with at home, outside or while travelling.
Strategy/Implementation/Competitive Edge Summary
Initially, Kung Shoes will have to develop its online marketplace to be most economic and to serve the trend of online buying due to convenience to the consumer. Several distributions channels, such as Personal delivery, Night Markets, Kiosks, into retail outlets and possibly one day into retail are possible, if economically worthwhile and feasible.
The corporate environment in which the customer will experience will be educational, fun and memorable.
In terms of marketing: email newsletters, online videos, affiliate/referral program, fitness programs, Kung Fu lessons from Master Sifu’s, books, videos, toys, clothing, movie star appearances, philanthropy/social responsibility, and any means necessary to accomplish success will be deployed.

Management Summary
Kung Shoes will be an Asian Owned, Operated, and Employed Company, headquartered and protected in Asia with representatives suitable to communicate in other languages in to effectively do business with people who may not speak and understand the common language, English.
The amount of capital needed will be a lot if you want to survive but the amount of work needed to even get a first investment will be gone is a couple of hours. Don't you realize that you have to start small, like in your mother's basement small to gain traction and credibility. And you have to give a superior product and make it just as cheap as the competition. Your company and Toms will never be in the same league.

Make 3 pairs of shoes, see if consumers are willing to even wear them, let alone buy them.
FS1992EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #115
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS1992EG View Post
Make 3 pairs of shoes, see if consumers are willing to even wear them, let alone buy them.
not to be rude, but just the look of them makes me not want to wear them, and i can probably say the same for all my friends/co workers.

go get a booth at the night market and see if you can sell any there - buy one get one half off. if not, try setting up an ebay account.

ps - on your webpage, the people in the business suits...do you even know them or were they just a random picture you grabbed from google and cropped the bottom half off for the reason that it already had another logo over that section? cause if you're going to advertise and show people on your website...the least you could do is have an image of someone actually WEARING the product...hell, go to craigslist, find a photographer willing to work for cheap bucks, take a few photos of people wearing them. make it look like one of those stupid old navy/abercrombie and fitch style photo shoots. if you cant afford a photographer, use your phone, you'd be amazed at the kinda editing you can do on a simple smartphone. voila.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Actually you'd be amazed at how many people are like OP.
Normally i'd agree with you, but the OP actually said he has mental issues.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/69686...ml#post8505608

I'll all for teaming up on stupid, but this guy likely can't help himself and just needs professional help.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #117
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
$15 pair of shoe
........and then $35 in shipping and handling fee.

and no where do you even mention the size available + choose from.

OP, I highly doubt anyone will purchase these crap from your website anyways.
But if they do, remember....this is Canada you're living in. Hope you're paying the government taxes.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:48 PM   #118
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
Normally i'd agree with you, but the OP actually said he has mental issues.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/69686...ml#post8505608

I'll all for teaming up on stupid, but this guy likely can't help himself and just needs professional help.
Didn't notice that.. yeah that makes sense and maybe we should just let this thread die
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #119
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Didn't notice that.. yeah that makes sense and maybe we should just let this thread die
agreed, let's kill it - but it was fun though.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #120
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
No such thing as bad publicity
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-25-2014, 04:06 AM   #121
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
hey i want to invest, did you hear back from Bruce Lee yet? He owes me a big favor back in the days. Once he get back to you I have no problem giving your the $2250, in fact i think you need more money. I think you need at least $4000 according to your business plan. Contact me if your serious, I'm looking for a partner though someone that will carry their own weight. This is entirely dependant on whether you get an response from Bruce Lee, I will not go forward with this unless I can get his celebrity endorsement. He owe me, so he will do it you just need to make the right contact. You said you can your are game, now is the chance to prove it.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #122
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
hey i want to invest, did you hear back from Bruce Lee yet? He owes me a big favor back in the days. Once he get back to you I have no problem giving your the $2250, in fact i think you need more money. I think you need at least $4000 according to your business plan. Contact me if your serious, I'm looking for a partner though someone that will carry their own weight. This is entirely dependant on whether you get an response from Bruce Lee, I will not go forward with this unless I can get his celebrity endorsement. He owe me, so he will do it you just need to make the right contact. You said you can your are game, now is the chance to prove it.
I emailed info@BruceLee.com and no response from Customer Service or Shannon. If you are truly interested, lets buy some stock and set up a booth at the night market.
HondaCRZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #123
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,820 Times in 3,902 Posts
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2014, 11:03 AM   #124
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Plot twist: OP is acting the f00, trolling everyone with a click-bait website but is actually earning ad revenue. Well played.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #125
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
I emailed info@BruceLee.com and no response from Customer Service or Shannon. If you are truly interested, lets buy some stock and set up a booth at the night market.
I'll take your offer up on it. When and where can we discuss this in person? I have a personal contact with Hulk Hogan and I am sure he will be on board.
supremematt85 is offline   Reply With Quote