REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #126
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
hahahahahahahahah, treking from downtown to UBC? what, a 30 min bus ride? a 15 min car ride, a 1 hr bike ride
I am insulted by your statement. I can bike from Coal Harbor to the Chan Center in under 40 minutes at a leisurely pace of 18Km/h .
Advertisement
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #127
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
da fuq that was the shittiest business plan snippet ive ever seen in my life LOL

its called a fuckin executive summary... post that up jeez
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #128
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
I...I don't even know what to say besides;

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:04 AM   #129
I don't get it

no one will give you 2k. if you can't get 2k out of your credit card, line of credit or bank of mom and dad, this shows your fit as a potential business partner.

My gf works for Shanghai Tang, does this mean they will partner with me? no. She's management level and I wouldn't even dare fly this by them on a friday afternoon during happy hour. You're connections are solely emails you find online which mean nothing. Business is all about building rapport, you can't even do it hiding behind a computer screen so I cringe to see how you would perform in person, live.

Do this on your own, go through all the motion of starting your first business and come back after you have something to show for it.

You look familiar, I think you helped me a few times at Sportchek downtown.
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:17 AM   #130
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuka84 View Post
You look familiar, I think you helped me a few times at Sportchek downtown.
and the plot thickens...
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #131
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I'm not sure how I missed this gem but this guy is to investment what CIC is to current events, they are both bat shit crazy and walk around like everybody else is doing it wrong. I don't think there is enough medication out there to save either one.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I'm not sure how I missed this gem but this guy is to investment what CIC is to current events, they are both bat shit crazy and walk around like everybody else is doing it wrong. I don't think there is enough medication out there to save either one.
best RS comparison ever, right there!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #133
Who's naughty? I___i

OP, if your FS is any indication of your style then ...
http://www.revscene.net/forums/69687...ew-%24380.html
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeto View Post
OP, if your FS is any indication of your style then ...
http://www.revscene.net/forums/69687...ew-%24380.html
why would someone pay for kung fu shoes when they're given away for free in RS FS section?!
Old 07-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #135
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
^. Hahahha
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:43 PM   #136
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
guys.. you know he has mental health problems.. right?
Old 07-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #137
Who's naughty? I___i

i don't... but he could be saying that just so people stop flaming him anyways, best of lucks to him.
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
guys.. you know he has mental health problems.. right?
That's a might large blanket statement to make. Unless u know specifics, I wouldn't be talking about someone's mental situation
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2014, 01:08 AM   #139
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
That's a might large blanket statement to make. Unless u know specifics, I wouldn't be talking about someone's mental situation
Did you not read through the thread?

http://www.revscene.net/forums/69686...ml#post8505608

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCRZy View Post
Stuck in the mental health system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2014, 01:49 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
Did you not read through the thread?

http://www.revscene.net/forums/69686...ml#post8505608
thanks, i did read that. it could mean anything, not that he is mentally unstable, it could be a minor thing. we do not know the story, so before calling someone mental, perhaps we should reserve judgement.

mental health is a broad area of coverage which should not result in people classifying someone who has spent time in the mental health system as 'mental' or unable to live in society.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2014, 02:47 AM   #141
I don't get it

where's the update from this clown?

You came up with the idea for kung shoes and your mom ripped it off so she beat you to market. You are the only person emailing fashion houses for collaborations. You need to start a blog and website to generate more traffic.
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:41 AM   #142
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
thanks, i did read that. it could mean anything, not that he is mentally unstable, it could be a minor thing. we do not know the story, so before calling someone mental, perhaps we should reserve judgement.

mental health is a broad area of coverage which should not result in people classifying someone who has spent time in the mental health system as 'mental' or unable to live in society.
Is there a diagnosis for someone who believes in Bruce Lee endorsements, reshares a facebook posts 8 times and lists kung fu shoes with sweat stains for sale?
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:45 AM   #143

Quote:

No one except you said any of those things. All freakshow said was that the op has had mental health problems to which the op has admitted of. No one said he is unstable or anything, freakshow was only reiterating what the op has said. No blanket statements, just facts according to what was said.
Quote:
My Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 10:53 AM   #144

Quote:
No one except you said any of those things. All freakshow said was that the op has had mental health problems to which the op has admitted of. No one said he is unstable or anything, freakshow was only reiterating what the op has said. No blanket statements, just facts according to what was said.
if you can't read between the lines and take words at face value, you won't do much in life
Old 07-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #145
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
I vote for some empathy for the OP. It's obvious that he needs money, and is desperately looking for some kind of solution. He should first seek help, if his head isn't right, and forget all these "ideas" because his strength is not entrepreneurship.

HondaCRZy: Please realize that, in general, the good things in life don't just rain down from the sky as venture capital. Most people don't go from zero to millions, overnight. Take the path that'll get you to a place you can make use of your skills doing something you can enjoy, and take pride in. Be forewarned, you're working your way up, and the path isn't always easy, but when you finally arrive at the destination, you'll see that all the bullshit was worth it. For me, it was 2 jobs, a certificate, and 11 years later before I got my awesome job as IT guy.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #146

Quote:
if you can't read between the lines and take words at face value, you won't do much in life
ROFL, if you can't manage to comprehend posts, you will probably just be angry and complain a lot. But I guess that's why you are anti social and only need to post on forums about your miserable life in Vancouver yet somehow need to stay attached to the past.
Quote:
My Feedback
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2014, 07:44 PM   #147
RS controls my life!

^ woah shots fired...
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2014, 01:00 AM   #148

Quote:
ROFL, if you can't manage to comprehend posts, you will probably just be angry and complain a lot. But I guess that's why you are anti social and only need to post on forums about your miserable life in Vancouver yet somehow need to stay attached to the past.
haha, this is proof that you take (my) words too literally.

i lived a relatively great life in vancouver, made (relative to vancouver standards) loads of money, lived in a great place, drove a great car (i still miss that car), was (and am still) with the love of my life, healthy, family close by, etc.

but, i couldn't stand vancouver people, the attitude of them, the lifestyle people try to attain all whilst living in a fake place full of fake people that has no ability to grow one's career to the standard i was looking for. so, i left. i have even more of what i had in vancouver now, but with the addition of living in one of the top ranked cities in the world that is full of a way better feel than vancouver - i'm sorry to report that vancovuer is a beautiful place, great place to be rich in, but terrible place to become rich, yet is full of fake 'rich' people.

let's just put it this way, i'll come back to vancouver when i retire (probably be in my late 40's) and spend 3-4 months there (the rest will be split between the US, Europe, and Asia) - difference is, i'll be one of those rich people who made their fortunes elsewhere to spend a little in vancouver. i'll be part of vancouver's problem - if you can't beat them, join them.

please don't try to knock me, it doesn't work, unlike many i'm so incredibly comfortable in my skin and happy with my accomplishments that I live to love life - you think i'm complaining because i'm grumpy or whatever, i complain about things because they could be so much better, but as i age I realize that the old adage is true - if you can't beat them, join them.

and yes, i am somewhat anti social. I have too many friends. I love time to myself, with my family, with my partner - i'm sorry if i get pleasure out of just living, i don't need to be constantly doing things with other people. having said that, it does come down to the people, people where i am now are way more chilled out, live and let live, etc.

so back to the original point, when someone says someone has mental issues so to lay off, it's suggesting they are incapable to live a real life because of their mental issue. This is crap. Mental issues are so common among people, ranging from the minor to the crazy, but they are all within the umbrella of mental health. don't take words so literally, it's a sign of lacking intelligence.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #149
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
stop generalizing and stereotyping people in vancouver. thats as bad as saying surrey is the worst shit hole.

no one likes a gloater and a bragger.

you retiring in late 40's or spend your time wherever it is you want to, no one gives a shit.

your last part of the post would have sufficed.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: