REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #26
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,565 Times in 4,288 Posts
can someone thread ban CiC from this off the bat so he doesn't destroy this one like with the others he normally does?
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2014, 08:46 PM   #27
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
this may sound stupid and noob but why can't there be two states (Gaza + west bank) + Israel?
I understand both places want Jerusalem as the capital so why can't they have a east/west.

Do educate my noobness. I'm ears.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #28
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Its not about the land, its about religion. It is clear that muslims (and some christians) hate jews and will do whatever it takes to get rid of them. Israel is the worlds leader in technology and medical advances and last thing they want is a bunch of apes threatening Israels existance. Hamas hides behind the Palestinian children and women, and when the innocent get killed, it acts like a good propaganda source for the westerners to believe in. Gaza is the 2014 hollywood, all they do is film propaganda and stage the brutality.
Dan D is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #29
HELP ME PLS!!!

I've Never Seen the Israel / Palestine Conflict Illustrated More Uniquely Than This
Old 07-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #30
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
this may sound stupid and noob but why can't there be two states (Gaza + west bank) + Israel?
I understand both places want Jerusalem as the capital so why can't they have a east/west.

Do educate my noobness. I'm ears.
Because all parties want to lay claim to all the land as Jerusalem and the surrounding is the holy lands of three religions, .

I support Palestine getting reasonable territorial claim, but Hamas is hurting their cause. I used to think Israel's actions were justified until their attacks started to get indiscriminate. The only way this will resolve itself is if (and it's a big if) both sides sit down and talk like men, rather than just shell each others. If either side has procured surface-to-surface missiles (or in the IDF's case, using laser-guided bombs with their air force), I would not be surprised to see their use if the conflict worsens to improve accuracy at the cost of more destruction.

This can only go two ways: mutually assured destruction, or negotiation. However, both sides will be at a deadlock because of both politics, and religion.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #31
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,494 Times in 4,891 Posts
Peace will never come to that region. Not in anyone's lifetime. It exemplifies all that is wrong with humans.

No amount of suffering and pain will be enough, because none of them can say enough is enough. It's always eye for an eye. The only solution is for them to kill each other until nobody is left alive.

All we can hope for is, that all that hate and anger doesn't spill over to us. Canada, Oh Canada, I love you more than ever when I see and hear all the shit that happens elsewhere. What we bitch and whine about here is nothing compared to the shit that happens over there.

Just watched some of the protests here in this country. Damn, they're continuing that shit over here now. Come here, that's fine, but leave your shit behind!

god bless.............
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #32
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan D View Post
Its not about the land, its about religion. It is clear that muslims (and some christians) hate jews and will do whatever it takes to get rid of them. Israel is the worlds leader in technology and medical advances and last thing they want is a bunch of apes threatening Israels existance. Hamas hides behind the Palestinian children and women, and when the innocent get killed, it acts like a good propaganda source for the westerners to believe in. Gaza is the 2014 hollywood, all they do is film propaganda and stage the brutality.
You realize that this is the product of war right?

There have been so many medical and technological advances due to war and the funding and innovation it creates. I'm by no means saying that war is a good thing but with regards to advances, it produces boat loads of it.

You act like Israel is completely innocent in this but that just isn't the case. Both sides are at fault here with Israel constantly expanding (under armistice) and annexing parts of Palestine.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2014, 11:27 PM   #33
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
what a crock of shit, most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. strong first post.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:42 PM   #34
Need to Seek Professional Help

At the end of the day both sides are to blame but more responsibility should be with Israel to end the conflict as they are the more advanced nation in a variety of ways.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:10 AM   #35
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Israel even warns palestinians before they bomb them.... Here is an example.

Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2014, 03:45 AM   #36
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball.J.Inder View Post
Israel even warns palestinians before they bomb them.... Here is an example.

Warning Call to Wafa Hospital Before IDF Targets Site - YouTube
And that makes things much better. Your logic baffles me.
FS1992EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:47 AM   #37
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
what a crock of shit, most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. strong first post.
It's about land. But they use religion/terrorism to justify their actions.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:55 AM   #38
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Hamas represents Palestine as their government. They were elected in 2006 and Israel label them a terrorist organization. But Palestine people are boxed in like rats in a open air box. I call this occupation from my point of view and apartheid from yours.

What would you do if you were living in Richmond and could never leave Richmond ever. But before your parents and great grand parents to move around the GVRD with zero issues.

See my point.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:24 AM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Hamas are a terrorist organization (is there any debate about that), they use the nastiest of tricks (mixing their activities with human life, schools, hospitals, homes, etc) to inflict death on Israel, with whom they hate and want to see dead.

I don't want to see any Palestinians die, simple fact, but Israel, as has been mentioned, has had enough of the terrorists mixing with the innocent civilians, unfortunately, the result is what we have today, civilian deaths.

I would bet that if Israel said "all civilians go to XYZ location, we will not bomb you there" that all the shooting would come from there, as the terrorists would just go there to use a human shield.

We need to care about this because it will make crackers decide that this is a west vs. east issue, which it is and isn't - but everything is becoming more and more polarized, anti muslim, anti west, the islamification of western places by extremists (Birmingham school trojan horse incident), the crazies in Luton, the muslim and neo nazi patrols in parts of london.

As a human race, we are effectively splitting ourselves into two through the actions of extremists. I live amongst many different races, all of whom just want to mix, enjoy life, and live in peace - but then you'll get the idiots locally who go off to fight in Syria.

This Israel / Palestine issue is just more of this theme. It is really sad, especially as I'm not at all religious, and think religion is stupid (beyond teaching morals) - we just need to live in peace, and respect each other, NEVER trying to control a place that isn't of your religion.

tough, really tough.
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2014, 05:28 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS1992EG View Post
And that makes things much better. Your logic baffles me.
not to want to start an argument, but it's better than just flattening it.

i assume they target locations for the purpose of disabling the terrorists, who use residential locations to store weapons.

I'd rather have a warning, as a civilian, that my place is going to get flattened, than just getting killed. I may have nothing, but at least i'd be alive.

these innocent people have nothing anyway, Hamas has made sure of that by not relinquishing power (i say this from the perspective that if Hamas truly cared about it's country and people, it'd do what's best for them in the here and now - there will never be true freedom for the Palestinian people)
Old 07-24-2014, 05:44 AM   #41
I don't get it

For educational purposes....
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2014, 06:35 AM   #42
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,163 Times in 1,548 Posts
^^^
What a steaming load of propaganda
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2014, 06:59 AM   #43
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Stopped giving fucks long ago and I won't be giving them again until the entire state of Israel is deconstructed. If they insist on having a Jewish state, they can be relocated somehwere largely uninhabited or where the neighbours will tolerate them. If being against Israel makes me an anti-semite, so be it. I have trouble tolerating
anyone who can't employ logic and reason - muslims, christians, conspiracy nuts, etc I dislike them equally. There simply is no logic in maintaining a state in such a volatile region and no justification for the actions taken.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #44
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,494 Times in 4,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
.......and no justification for the actions taken.
It keeps a lot of people in power.

Like I said previously, it's all about the worst things in human behaviour. Power, greed, hate, self righteousness, inferiority/superiority complex, martyrdom, jealousy, revenge, etc. All founded in fear mongering. War is big business and tends to bring a society together. The region could be termed the devil's backyard playground. Generations of people who have never experienced peace. They know of nothing else but hurting each other in as many ways as possible.

Sad part is, the innocent always suffer, while the puppeteers keep on keeping on.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
call it "crock of shit" but these are facts
Old 07-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #46

Quote:
call it "crock of shit" but these are facts
Is this CiC in slightly less crazy clothing?
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS1992EG View Post

What would you do if you were living in Richmond and could never leave Richmond ever. But before your parents and great grand parents to move around the GVRD with zero issues.

See my point.
see my point now, what would you do if you were living in BC, and all the provinces around you, Washington state, and all the other states hated you because you live in BC? How would it feel to be living in such a small patch of land and be hated by a group group of people that outnumbers yours 50/1.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #48
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
see my point now, what would you do if you were living in BC, and all the provinces around you, Washington state, and all the other states hated you because you live in BC? How would it feel to be living in such a small patch of land and be hated by a group group of people that outnumbers yours 50/1.

Don't bother trying to explain it to people, waste of time man.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #49
My homepage has been set to RS

propaganda or not.

this is going way to long for israel to keep bombing gaza and killing innocent civilians in the crossfire.. sad to watch
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #50
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,537 Times in 1,501 Posts
war is bad!!!

drunk driver hits innocent, "they should hang him!!!"

lol. do people not see, that this is the exact slippery slope type of thinking that 99% of revscene has?

YOU GUYS would be the ones firing rockets at each other.

everyone that is heavily opposed still has not posted a realistic solution.

hell not even realistic, they can't even post an idealistic solution.

even with free energy, elimination of rarity (ability to synthesize elements so that there is basically no more supply/demand), and free weed for all... they would still fight.

even with MORE land that magically appears for them to share or for one side to move to, they would STILL FIGHT.

this is the best POSSIBLE solution given what we have.

it's exactly like revscene's attitude toward the mainlanders in richmond. you think if such a pathetic small thing like what the mainlanders are doing in richmond "ticks" you off... what the fuck do you guys think you'd be doing if you were israeli, or Palestinian? you guys would be at each other's necks with the "i don't give a fuck, it's MY CHOICE, MY LAND, MY COUNTRY, MY CULTURE"

you don't need to look far to see why the way things are. just look at yourselves. you guys are terrorists and innocent killers, just you haven't been rattled enough to pull the trigger.

we're all terrorists and innocent killers given the right situation. just we'd view ourselves as liberators...

hypocrites.

but of course only 1% of revscene would agree with me to just be accepting and inviting.
of course that's easy to say when it's not YOUR land. but when we talk about richmond, you guys are ready to fire rockets "get the fuck out of my country". lol. lol.... LOL.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 07-24-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote