REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #151
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 View Post
Imagine that your little brother is saying "I will fucking end you if you don't give me what I want" and proceeds to annoy the shit out of you in the analogy you used. Your natural response is to defend yourself from this until he stops or you take the big step and just knock him the fuck out if he pushes one too many buttons. And then your mom gets mad.

I'm pro peace too but the way these two negotiate, they will keep fighting until there's some concessions from both sides and NOT pulling shit like firing rockets minutes after a ceasefire ends.
it seems like ur contradicting urself. you're almost defending gaza by saying they have to defend themselves, but then say they need to stop it.

i think i've made my point quite clearly, this is a vicious circle of gaza sending 1 rocket, israel saying 'they attacked us' and killing hundreds. i think it's quite easy to see how this ends, with gaza stopping their rockets.

this isn't an issue or right or wrong - i'd rather be wrong and alive than right and dead. as it stands gaza will always end up right and dead (right is a sliding scale)
Advertisement
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #152
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
it seems like ur contradicting urself. you're almost defending gaza by saying they have to defend themselves, but then say they need to stop it.

i think i've made my point quite clearly, this is a vicious circle of gaza sending 1 rocket, israel saying 'they attacked us' and killing hundreds. i think it's quite easy to see how this ends, with gaza stopping their rockets.

this isn't an issue or right or wrong - i'd rather be wrong and alive than right and dead. as it stands gaza will always end up right and dead (right is a sliding scale)
That's the rub and why I can't really choose sides. At what point is too many? Every country technically has the right to defend itself, but at what point is it deemed excessive, and where is the line drawn after you've put up with rocket attacks for years knowing that you have the power to wipe them out easily?

I agree with you on that last point though.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #153
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Is the only thing keeping this from escalating public opinion? Because it seems Israel could squash Gaza like a fly if they really wanted.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #154
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Nothing to see here people!, let them fight it out as long as they want. It boosts world economy from weapons sales.

Two solutions: 1) make two states if they wont live together as one, or 2) nuke one side til they are extinct because neither sides are smart enough to coexist in this world.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #155
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
So things seemed to have calmed down here since I got back so I didnt see a need to bump the dead thread.

Since this was last updated there had been some more bombings/killings and attempted ceasefires

A prominent Vancouver doctor, who is a Holocaust survivor got some international fame by issuing a statement against Israels actions Beautiful dream of Israel has become a nightmare | Toronto Star

Soon after we got 100s of Holocaust survivors / their family members issued a joint statement in the NYTimes against Israels actions in Gaza BBC News - Holocaust families criticise Israel over Gaza

Other than that things seemed to have calmed down, granted there is still a humanitarian crisis in Gaza and the tourism industry in Israel has awoken once again

Well today Israel announced that it's annexing around 1,000 Acres of Palestinian farmland in not Gaza but the West Bank! where you know the government had taken up the cause of not acting like Hamas and instead take the peaceful route

Israel slammed for West Bank land expropriation - CNN.com

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29008045

How's that for antagonizing?
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2014, 07:49 AM   #156
Need to Seek Professional Help

Lapid condemns West Bank land appropriation | The Times of Israel

Quote:
On Sunday, the IDF’s Civil Administration, the military government in the West Bank, announced that per instructions from Jerusalem, “4,000 dunams at (the settlement of) Gvaot is declared as state land,” and said concerned parties had 45 days to appeal.
As I've always said, If people are so passionate about the subject, how about they stop being armchair activists and actually do something about it. This decision will most certainly be appealed, by both Israeli and Palestinian groups. Legal battles are not cheap, so put your money where your mouth is and go donate to those groups. On a side note, the politician I support came out against it. Not all Israelis (and I would argue the majority) support such land grabs.

Last edited by m!chael; 09-02-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Grammar
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2014, 08:39 AM   #157
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m!chael View Post
Lapid condemns West Bank land appropriation | The Times of Israel

As I've always said, If people are so passionate about the subject, how about they stop being armchair activists and actually do something about it. This decision will most certainly be appealed, by both Israeli and Palestinian groups. Legal battles are not cheap, so put your money where your mouth is and go donate to those groups. On a side note, the politician I support came out against it. Not all Israelis (and I would argue the majority), do not support such land grabs.
I agree, I probably should have noted that many pro-peace groups including jewish groups within israel and abroad are against this move but that seems to count very little with the government.
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote