REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 07-25-2014, 05:56 AM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
banking

gf doesnt have an account so shes asked me to write this.

currently works in a medical office doing billings etc, but she hates it there as its just a bunch of women who are in their 50's who work just for the social interaction. the boss isn't any better since everyone seems to be her close personal friend. anyways, long story short, bunch of pathetic women who can barely use a computer who constantly fuck up leaving my gf to do her work, + the work of 10 other incompetent women.

shes looking for a change of pace, wants to start fresh in banking. work from as a teller etc, learn, go to school if she needs to for it, and try to work up from there.

no banks show positions for a teller position, so is it worth going into a bank and dropping off a resume without a posting, hoping that its one of those positions where they're always hiring? or should she wait until a posting comes up eventually?

if anyone works in a bank that would be able to give her some insight that would be awesome! if you know of any positions that would be coming up in the near future as well would you be able to tell her as a heads up?

thanks y'all!
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #2

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Friend works as a teller for TD and got the job as a 'recommendation'/reference from someone.

Basically it's better to get a recommendation/reference from someone who works there as my friend had 0 zero experience.

It doesn't hurt to drop a resume off but when there isn't a posting the manager may forget about your gf. Just my opinion.

Good luck