REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 02-24-2016, 05:25 PM   #101
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
According to Comic Book Movie, the one that got the fattest check among the Avengers is no other than Iron Man himself- Robert Downey Jr. He got a relatively huge amount of $40 million for portraying the billionaire superhero.

The site also noted that Robert Downey Jr. was hailed ‘the highest paid actor’ by Forbes two years ago, and the revelation seems to be expected.

Also, the site was able to reveal the Avengers’ salaries as well. Hollywood’s finest actress- Scarlett Johansson earned $20 million for playing as The Black Widow. The remaining superheroes- Chris Evans as Captain America, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Mark Ruffalo as Hulk earned $6.9 M, $6.1 M, $5.4 M and $2.8 M respectively.
That's like $80 million on just the "Avengers team" alone.
I'm assuming Morena Baccarin and T.J. Miller got peanuts lol.
Reynolds got less than The Hulk who was barely in the movie, and the parts that had him, more than half of it was CGI.
Quote:
Reynolds was initially paid $2.7 million for his role as the smart-arsed Wade Wilson/Deadpool, but according to The Hollywood Reporter, he’ll make more than $13.8 million once bonuses are factored in.
Advertisement
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:55 PM   #102
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
I read somewhere Reynolds actually took a cut in up-front pay just because he really wanted to get the movie made.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:43 AM   #103
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Maybe they'll finally understand how to properly make future Marvel movies, and make them more true to the source material.
My greatest fear is that other studios will merely see the "R-rated superhero movie" as the next success bandwagon they can hop on, and we'll start seeing more raunched-out versions of everyone else... whether it suits the character or not.

How many will understand, superhero movies live and die on how faithful they are to the originals that the existing fan base already knows and loves... and Deadpool is doing so well, not because of the adult humour, but because it absolutely nails the character?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:54 AM   #104
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
My greatest fear is that other studios will merely see the "R-rated superhero movie" as the next success bandwagon they can hop on, and we'll start seeing more raunched-out versions of everyone else... whether it suits the character or not.

How many will understand, superhero movies live and die on how faithful they are to the originals that the existing fan base already knows and loves... and Deadpool is doing so well, not because of the adult humour, but because it absolutely nails the character?
true... pretty much see that already happening at comic conventions.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #105
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,255 Times in 1,619 Posts
enjoyed the movie but feel the same as freakshow did in general. hoping the second installment is better!
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:53 PM   #106
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Damn, my son watched the movie last week and told me today that there's this scene that was filmed in my old stomping grounds, as in the actual building where I grew up. Now I have to go see it. I know every inch of that neighbourhood. The wooden steps that leads up to a blocked section or something like that, sounds very familiar.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:15 AM   #107
Witness protection

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2016, 06:52 AM   #108
Witness protection