REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,789 Times in 1,759 Posts
Being able to finance a CLA AMG does not classify a person as rich in my books.
Advertisement
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:29 AM   #27
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

driver was released from custody today

interested to see how this all plays out.

My guess is this story will drop from the radar, and the driver will get off with little more than a slap on the wrist.
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #28
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
everytime i hear about rich kids causing stupid shit i think of this scene

6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:50 AM   #29
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8 View Post
It'd be interesting to see if the merc's CPU can tell how fast he was going before impact...
Yes they can. Airbags would be deployed and they can tell the speed the airbags were triggered at and if the driver had their foot on the accelerator or brakes. They should also be able to get several seconds of driving data before the airbags went off.

So police are looking for a third vehicle. Skid marks at the scene lead them to believe another vehicle was witness to the accident, but didn't stick around.

Only two possibilities I can think of:

- The other driver was racing with the Mercedes, realized he's in deep shit and took off.
- The other driver had nothing to do with the accident at all, but left because they didn't want to stick around to wait for the police. Perhaps they were also drinking and were worried of being caught driving impaired, even though they did nothing wrong.

Regardless, the witness is a POS for not sticking around.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 11:51 AM   #30

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
And people are surprised when I say I wanna leave the city..
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:01 PM   #31
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyR View Post
little more than a slap on the wrist.
Why do people keep saying this? If you Google search for drunk drivers in BC you get lots of stories of people getting prison time for drunk driving causing death.

I'd like someone to point me to a case where a person was actually convicted of impaired driving causing death and never spent a day in jail. Not a case that went to trial and the person was found not guilty - that's a completely different matter altogether.

It sounds like the police will have a good case here since they were able to apprehend the driver at the scene and perform a breathalyzer on him.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:03 PM   #32
nma
#RVG

Wow. I'm sure everyone has made mistakes in the past. Wishing death upon this guy for making an absolutely horrid decision? Not so sure I agree with that. RIP to the driver.

Also, to be honest, pretty sick of all the retarded assumptions people make here.. "Fucking rich c-lai probably get his parents to pay for a sick lawyer.."
"fucking asshole blah blah blah"

Yeah, because every decision you've made in your life has been perfect, and you've never had someone bail you out when you made a stupid one. You should have probably ended your life on the spot.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:07 PM   #33

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma View Post
Wow. I'm sure everyone has made mistakes in the past. Wishing death upon this guy for making an absolutely horrid decision? Not so sure I agree with that. RIP to the driver.

Also, to be honest, pretty sick of all the retarded assumptions people make here.. "Fucking rich c-lai probably get his parents to pay for a sick lawyer.."

Yeah, because every decision you've made in your life has been perfect, and you've never had someone bail you out when you made a stupid one. You should have probably ended your life on the spot.
It's just a game of statistics. The probability that this is the case is just so absurdly high that it doesn't make sense to not think that.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:08 PM   #34
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Wishing death onto someone is harsh, yes.

But stupid choices with catastrophic consequences for people that had absolutely nothing to do with said stupid choice, is rather hard to defend by saying "nobody's perfect."

Also, he is a fucking asshole, and years of experience living in Vancouver will dictate that the severity of his punishment is directly related to how wealthy he or his parents are. And every single CLA I've seen was driven by an Asian. It's not racial stereotyping, it's an educated assumption based from experienced statistics.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:08 PM   #35
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
I can't piece it together in my head. It was a rear ender, but the MB ended up facing north in the southbound lane. Was the Del Sol stopped mid-span? And from this photo, it appears there were two other vehicles involved?

This one's a head scratcher.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:10 PM   #36
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:

I have made many stupid decisions in my lifetime, the difference here is that my stupid decisions never resulted in the death of an innocent bystander.

As discussed in like every other thread on DUI, impaired driving goes beyond "just a stupid mistake", it is an active decision made generally by idiots.

An eye for an eye, is what I say.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:11 PM   #37
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Wishing death onto someone is harsh, yes.

But stupid choices with catastrophic consequences for people that had absolutely nothing to do with said stupid choice, is rather hard to defend by saying "nobody's perfect."

Also, he is a fucking asshole, and years of experience living in Vancouver will dictate that the severity of his punishment is directly related to how wealthy he or his parents are. And every single CLA I've seen was driven by an Asian. It's not racial stereotyping, it's an educated assumption based from experienced statistics.
Not just Vancouver, that's how the world works. I'm not defending him, I just don't wish death upon him.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:13 PM   #38
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I have made many stupid decisions in my lifetime, the difference here is that my stupid decisions never resulted in the death of an innocent bystander.

As discussed in like every other thread on DUI, impaired driving goes beyond "just a stupid mistake", it is an active decision made generally by idiots.

An eye for an eye, is what I say.
That's pretty ignorant. I know many people who have made the mistake of driving impaired. Luckily they didn't kill anyone and became smarter themselves. You make stupid decisions when you're drunk, that doesn't mean you're a terrible person or a complete idiot when you're sober.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #39
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
I can't piece it together in my head. It was a rear ender, but the MB ended up facing north in the southbound lane. Was the Del Sol stopped mid-span? And from this photo, it appears there were two other vehicles involved?

This one's a head scratcher.
That photo was taken in daylight, hours after the accident. I think it said 4am was when the accident occured.

inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #40
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Jesus look how long those skid marks are, anyone want to guess?
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:28 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Jesus look how long those skid marks are, anyone want to guess?
From roller to fixed end, the bridge is 732 meters, on the north end the roller end is just out of the picture, on the south end the fixed point is out of the picture by quite a bit. My guess is between 100 and 150 meters

EDIT: Oh wait, the main span, between the two supports from expansion joint to expansion joint is 284m. So the upper range of my initial guess is probably pretty close.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:32 PM   #42

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Why do people keep saying this? If you Google search for drunk drivers in BC you get lots of stories of people getting prison time for drunk driving causing death.

I'd like someone to point me to a case where a person was actually convicted of impaired driving causing death and never spent a day in jail. Not a case that went to trial and the person was found not guilty - that's a completely different matter altogether.
Thats the thing, is there are plenty of clear instances where they are guilty but found innocent due to loopholes or weird circumstances. Thats where high paid lawyers come in. They aren't there to get you reduced sentences, they are there to get you found not guilty. I can think of some shitfuck cop named monty robinson who comes to mind.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #43
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
the aggressor's name and age has not been revealed yet...let's not jump to conclusions as common as CLA are to a certain demographic.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:35 PM   #44

Quote:

No one said anything about a c-lai, so quit putting words in peoples mouths. If you are willing to drive wasted you are selfish, useless piece of shit and the antithesis of what society should be willing to accept of people. There are too many people in this world, and these are the type of people that are a fucking cancer on this earth.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #45
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
No one said anything about a fucking c-lai, so quit putting words in peoples mouths. If you are willing to drive wasted you are selfish, useless piece of shit and the antithesis of what society should be willing to accept of people. There are too many people in this world, and these are the type of people that are a fucking cancer on this earth.
I didn't say anyone here said it, those are just examples of generals assumptions.

I think most people make terrible decisions while they are wasted. That's the whole point, the decisions you make while intoxicated are different than when you are sober. So no, I don't think that these people are usesless scum. I think they just need to plan better and realize the impact of potentially driving intoxicated.

Last edited by nma; 07-31-2014 at 12:44 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:38 PM   #46

Here. (It's crude I know)

EDIT: drawing with your mouse is fucking hard.

Quote:
I didn't say anyone here said it, those are just examples of generals assumptions.

No one is "willing" to drive wasted. That's the whole point, the decisions you make while intoxicated are usually terrible.
Look buddy, god forbid if any of your friends or family are ever hurt or killed in an incident like this, but if it were to ever happen I guarantee that you would lead the damn lynching yourself if that ever became the case.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:39 PM   #47

If you cant control decisions that are that important when you drink, you shouldn't be drinking.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:45 PM   #48
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,902 Times in 3,865 Posts
^ agreed.

Quote:

Getting drunk and then driving fast enough to be able to smash the rear end of a del Sol hard enough to kill the occupant is far, far beyond a mistake/bad decision, anyone willing to do that is a worthless piece of trash who should be treated as such.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:49 PM   #49
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
If you cant control decisions that are that important when you drink, you shouldn't be drinking.
Yeah, that's probably a whole other issue. I'm not sure if previous generations were like this, but it seems like everyone just tries to drink as much as possible and binge out, as if it were some sort of competition.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:56 PM   #50
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,368 Times in 5,076 Posts
LOL Are you serious? Pretty sure over-drinking isn't a new thing. Anything else this generation wants to take credit for?
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: