REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Old 08-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

1991 Honda Civic Si

1991 Honda Civic Si
Black
5-speed manual
160,xxx km

Bought this car from Victoria over a year ago to use as a second vehicle. I've found I'm not using it much anymore so am putting it up for sale so somebody else can make better use of it!
The engine runs excellent, it's very smooth and good on gas. Starts instantly all the time.
The transmission is great, clutch is good, shifts smoothly with no grinding (no synchro wear).
Interior is excellent, seats are clean with no tears, carpet is intact. The headliner has some markings but is otherwise in great shape. There is some rust on the bottom of the moonroof panel, a few inches long. It does not leak water, though. There is a Sirius/XM satellite radio installed if you're interested. If not, I can pull it out.
The exterior is in good shape, wheels are from an 88/89 CRX Si (sawblades) with good tires on them. Suspension is comfortable. There is some rust on the vehicle, see the attached picture for an example of the worst of it.

The only issue I've had with the car was a part (ICM) in the distributor that failed in the first month of my ownership. I replaced it along with the distributor cap, rotor, and spark plug wires.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/684997-igniter-icm.html
(Related issue, nothing wrong but my own mistake: http://www.revscene.net/forums/69641...t-running.html)

All in all, a great little car that's reliable, clean, and does the job. I've a lot with it, from driving around town doing small errands for hours, to jaunts to Vancouver Island, to driving down I5 at 80mph for hours. This car does it all without a hiccup.

Optional things at extra cost:
The original steering wheel's grip was loose, especially apparent when turning at low speeds because there is no power steering. I substituted it with an aftermarket MOMO steering wheel that belongs to a friend. Original wheel will be included with the car, the aftermarket one will be $100 extra.
The Yakima roof rack + 2 bike racks will be an extra $250.

Looking for $2200, open to offers.

Advertisement
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #2

Bump
Old 08-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #3

Sale pending