REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #76
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
From Russell Brand: Robin Williams? divine madness will no longer disrupt the sadness of the world | Comment is free | The Guardian

Russell Brand: Robin Williams’ divine madness will no longer disrupt the sadness of the world
The manic energy of Williams could turn to destruction as easily as creativity. Is it melancholy to think that a world that he can’t live in must be broken?

Spoiler!
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #77
RS controls my life!

RIP Mrs Doubtfire.
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #78
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Tweet from his daughter, Zelda:

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #79
I subscribe to Revscene

Dead Poets Society, Ethan Hawke.

Quote:
To commemorate the life of the actor, here’s a quote by Henry David Thoreau which encompasses some of the most brilliant words ever written, with the genius of Robin Williams who so brilliantly presented the words in Dead Poets Society:

I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life… to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Mork and Mindy Season 1 Episode 1 Pilot
youtube.com/watch?v=WQx4--L0TdY
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 08-12-2014 at 03:35 PM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #80
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Another Ocarina of Time post, but I think it's pretty awesome. You get to see some unadulterated-looking moments of joy when he spends time with his daughter, Zelda.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #81
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
RIP! he really made me laugh in that movie where he dressed up as a old lady and some how hes fake boobies caught on fire in the kitchen. haha those days..
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #82
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck View Post
the pain you inflict on your family with suicide greatly outweighs any relief of suffering you gain.

rip nevertheless.
someone who contemplates and/or commits suicide is not mathematically considering whether there will be a net decline in suffering. they are people who are being tortured to a degree that they cannot bear to continue to live through their pain. the torture may arise internally - such as in instances of depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder - but this does nothing to lessen the effect of it on the sufferer. indeed, i would suggest the effect of it is no less serious than physical torture. so, though whether there's any truth in your point is debatable, it is irrelevant. i would add that many people who contemplate and/or commit suicide are actively attempting to avoid inflicting pain on their family.

furthermore, your point is a grounded in the stigma surrounding suicide that persists in even the most liberal of societies. this stigma contributes to people contemplating suicide being too ashamed to ask for help and in turn does great harm to a wide array of people. the stigma is groundless though, and should be done away with in the same fashion as racism, sexism, and homophobia.

if anyone here ever needs to talk, please give the BC Crisis Center (1-800-784-2433 24/7) a call. it's a tough thing to do but in many instances you'll find some relief. therapy is an incredibly helpful tool if you have access to it, though if you don't meditation is a good option and some free services are out there.

Last edited by MindBomber; 08-12-2014 at 07:34 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #83
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
From Zelda Williams

Quote:
My family has always been private about our time spent together. It was our way of keeping one thing that was ours, with a man we shared with an entire world. But now that's gone, and I feel stripped bare. My last day with him was his birthday, and I will forever be grateful that my brothers and I got to spend that time alone with him, sharing gifts and laughter. He was always warm, even in his darkest moments. While Ill never, ever understand how he could be loved so deeply and not find it in his heart to stay, theres minor comfort in knowing our grief and loss, in some small way, is shared with millions. It doesn't help the pain, but at least its a burden countless others now know we carry, and so many have offered to help lighten the load. Thank you for that.

To those he touched who are sending kind words, know that one of his favorite things in the world was to make you all laugh. As for those who are sending negativity, know that some small, giggling part of him is sending a flock of pigeons to your house to poop on your car. Right after youve had it washed. After all, he loved to laugh too

Dad was, is and always will be one of the kindest, most generous, gentlest souls Ive ever known, and while there are few things I know for certain right now, one of them is that not just my world, but the entire world is forever a little darker, less colorful and less full of laughter in his absence. Well just have to work twice as hard to fill it back up again.
I loved that pigeon line. I laughed, despite this being the saddest things I've read in a long time. I see some of that comedic timing rubbed off.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #84
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
this is so good and I can actually picture him doing these things
Norm MacDonald May Have Just Written the Best Tribute To Robin Williams Yet | The Daily Banter
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2014, 10:29 PM   #85
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
1 HOUR PHOTO

another amazing movie, jeezus there wasn't a character he couldn't play

for those that don't know the movie
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 06:38 AM   #86
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Disgusting

Zelda Williams Quits Twitter, Instagram After 'Cruel and Unnecessary' Comments
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 06:51 AM   #87
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Disgusting but not at all surprising. Social media just makes it too easy for these losers to make their voices heard.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #88
In RS I Trust

This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #89
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
20 Facts About Robin Williams - Imgur
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #90
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Can you name them all?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #91
In RS I Trust

WOW it just came out he had Parkinson's disease which was prob a factor in the reason why he took his life.

http://time.com/3111911/robin-williams-dead-parkinsons/

Quote:
The wife of Robin Williams revealed Thursday that at the time of his death, the late comedian was not only battling depression and anxiety but the early stages of Parkinson’s Disease.

“Robin’s sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson’s Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly,” said Susan Schneider, in a statement.

Parkinson’s affects nearly 10 million people, according to the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. The National Institutes of Health cites that “for people with depression and Parkinson’s disease, each illness can make symptoms of the other worse.” Research linking the two has focused on depression following a diagnosis, but it can be assumed that the actor’s depression predated his Parkinson’s diagnosis.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #92
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
"The hardest part about being Robin Williams is that he didn't have Robin Williams to cheer him up."

As a man that was always "on", I wonder what he was like when he was "off"? I wonder if always being "on" shows the depth of what he was covering up, or if that was just how he always is?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #93
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post

As a man that was always "on", I wonder what he was like when he was "off"? I wonder if always being "on" shows the depth of what he was covering up, or if that was just how he always is?
An interview with The Guardian in 2010 gave a glimpse into him when he was "off"

Quote:
My worry beforehand had been that Williams would be too wildly manic to make much sense. When he appeared on the Jonathan Ross show earlier this summer, he'd been vintage Williams – hyperactive to the point of deranged, ricocheting between voices, riffing off his internal dialogues. Off-camera, however, he is a different kettle of fish. His bearing is intensely Zen and almost mournful, and when he's not putting on voices he speaks in a low, tremulous baritone – as if on the verge of tears – that would work very well if he were delivering a funeral eulogy. He seems gentle and kind – even tender – but the overwhelming impression is one of sadness.

Even the detours into dialogue feel more like a reflex than irrepressible comic passion, and the freakish articulacy showcased in Good Morning Vietnam has gone. Quite often when he opens his mouth a slur of unrelated words come out, like a dozen different false starts tangled together, from which an actual sentence eventually finds its way out. For example, "So/Now/And then/Well/It/I – Sometimes I used to work just to work." It's like trying to tune into a long-wave radio station.
Robin Williams: 'I was shameful, did stuff that caused disgust ? that's hard to recover from' | Film | The Guardian
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #94
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
1. His assistant found him
2. Him and his wife weren't sleeping in the same room
3. She left in the morning without saying "good morning" or having any interaction with him whilst knowing he was in a "severe depression"
4. He was supporting 2 ex wives and his children
5. He had 4 new movies coming out and yet rumors were he had financial troubles?
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #95
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
An interview with The Guardian in 2010 gave a glimpse into him when he was "off"

Robin Williams: 'I was shameful, did stuff that caused disgust ? that's hard to recover from' | Film | The Guardian
As an actor, I can honestly say that what he was doing, sounds a lot like some of the exercises they use to get ready for an audition, or prep for character work. Crazy it might seem to others, but pretty normal to someone who was at the top of their game.
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #96
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
1. His assistant found him
2. Him and his wife weren't sleeping in the same room
3. She left in the morning without saying "good morning" or having any interaction with him whilst knowing he was in a "severe depression"
4. He was supporting 2 ex wives and his children
5. He had 4 new movies coming out and yet rumors were he had financial troubles?
Supporting two ex's and kids ain't cheap!
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #97
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
the stigma is groundless though, and should be done away with in the same fashion as racism, sexism, and homophobia.
you're born with your skin colour, genitals and quite possibly your sexual orientation.

Suicide is a choice. I'm neutral on the subject but the stigma exists because its impact on family and friends cannot be ignored. Thankfully I have not been affected personally but having worked in a seniors home many have admitted to me they just wish they can die now. I'm not naive enough to say "don't worry it'll all get better". I also know many that have worked at the Crisis Centre and all they can do is lend a shoulder. BTW huge props to anyone that works there, you have to be extremely PC (I probably wouldn't last an hour there) and a really thick skin. It's one thing if you're friend/family comes out of the closet and you wish to support them, it's another if they want to end their life, what more can you do besides hearing them out?
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 09:49 PM   #98
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
you're born with your skin colour, genitals and quite possibly your sexual orientation.

Suicide is a choice. I'm neutral on the subject but the stigma exists because its impact on family and friends cannot be ignored. Thankfully I have not been affected personally but having worked in a seniors home many have admitted to me they just wish they can die now. I'm not naive enough to say "don't worry it'll all get better". I also know many that have worked at the Crisis Centre and all they can do is lend a shoulder. BTW huge props to anyone that works there, you have to be extremely PC (I probably wouldn't last an hour there) and a really thick skin. It's one thing if you're friend/family comes out of the closet and you wish to support them, it's another if they want to end their life, what more can you do besides hearing them out?
Nobody is arguing the "in-direct consequences of a suicide. But I think that's not the root cause of the stigma. What (i think) he's referring to is society's label for suicide as either:

*cowardice - to afraid to face your problems
*laziness - taking the easy the way out

When in all honesty, suicide isn't anything close to either of those, and when cliches (not saying you but maybe others) like that get thrown around, it's a gross over-simplification of an otherwise profound and complex topic.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2014, 07:08 PM   #99
10psi aint enough...

Mrs Doubtfire on channel 89 shaw right now... Just started at 8pm.

Damn... He is soooo talented.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #100
I don't get it

Just rewatched good will hunting a couple of weeks ago and it still makes me laugh.

youtube "weapons of self destruction"
sulos is offline   Reply With Quote