REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Woman stabbed with needle in unprovoked Burnaby attack (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697457-woman-stabbed-needle-unprovoked-burnaby-attack.html)

Traum 08-14-2014 11:38 AM

Woman stabbed with needle in unprovoked Burnaby attack

Just putting this one out there:

Woman stabbed with needle in unprovoked Burnaby attack

Quote:

METRO VANCOUVER — A seemingly motiveless attack at a busy Burnaby intersection has police asking for the public's help in tracking down the suspect.

Last Friday at 10:20 a.m. a woman was walking east on the south side of Kingsway when an unknown man allegedly stabbed her with a needle while she waited at a light at McKay Avenue, stated a press release from Burnaby RCMP.

The victim reported the incident to officers at the Southwest Community Police Station an hour later. She was taken to hospital and released a short while later, the release added.

"While the nature of this incident is a significant concern for police, it is also highly unusual. As of today, we've had no other reported incidents," Investigative Services Officer Insp. Bob Page said in the release.

Investigators are now asking for the public's help in identifying the suspect in the allegedly unprovoked attack.

The suspect is described as a dark-skinned man about 35 years old and 5-7 with short, dyed blonde hair. At the time of the attack, he was wearing a light blue tank top, dark jeans and carrying three shopping bags.

Page said police are hoping someone will know who the suspect is based on his unique description.

"The suspect's description stands out and we remain hopeful that someone will identify him. That's why we are urging the public to share the suspect's description with your families and friends," he added in the release.

Anyone who can identify the suspect is asked to contact the Burnaby RCMP at 604-294-7922 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

trollguy 08-14-2014 11:47 AM

seriously? who wears a light blue tank top with dark jeans.

sonick 08-14-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowguy (Post 8516650)
seriously? who wears a light blue tank top with dark jeans.

lol fitting profile pic to go with this post.

kunoman1 08-14-2014 12:01 PM

stabbed with a needle:heckno:

When I was working security, everytime I caught someone I was utterly terrified of potential (and visible) needles, more so than knives

Expresso 08-14-2014 12:09 PM

I think I spotted the suspect at Metrotown hanging by the railing on the upper floors.

Because unqiue description.

meme405 08-14-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HachiSix (Post 8516662)
Because unqiue description.

:suspicious:

CharlesInCharge 08-14-2014 01:07 PM

When our army is helping (security) in poppy cultivation... this is just the chickens coming home to roost.

Manic! 08-14-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8516681)
When our army is helping (security) in poppy cultivation... this is just the chickens coming home to roost.

67,000 poppy seeds to be planted - News - Nanaimo Daily News

Matlock 08-14-2014 01:50 PM

Getting stabbed with a needle sounds horrible. If someone stabbed me with one of those, I would probably just throw my life away by doing everything in my power to kill my assailant as slowly and painfully as possible.

punkwax 08-14-2014 03:04 PM

Poor lady has realized one of my worst fears.. hate needles in the hands of a professional. Knowing some crackhead can spread disease or pump some o2 into someone and try to kill them is :ohgodwhy:

Euro7r 08-14-2014 03:32 PM

Stand far away from people and drive everywhere .......can't even walk around these days without fearing for your life...

Hondaracer 08-14-2014 07:50 PM

lol..

most blood born diseases die relatively quickly when outside the body no?

either way dont want to get stuck by a needle though :S