REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Beach Buoy Rentals Cultus Lake Jet-Ski

So today 6 of us went to jet ski. We thought they required a driver license to be allowed so one of my friends used my license to write and sign the waiver. So basically 2 were the same and was my name.

Unfortunately, one of my friends collided with the another, the one that wrote my name on his waiver, by accident. They got too close and coincidentally turned into each other. They took away all of our $500 deposits, 6 of each. Total of $3000. Which is NOT the cost of the repair. Front plastic rubber piece fell off, the other had a rip on the bottom, but no hole. A brand new Yamaha VX110 is about $3500. It is fun but accidents do happen. We thought it was just them two going to be charged initially until the two guys swore at us saying "We're fckin taking all your money". Girls at the counter was rude and told us it was in waiver and sue them if we'd like "See you in the court".

What could I do?
Advertisement
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
That's quite a situation. So, you and your friends rented 6 jetskis, and 2 of them got damaged. However, they kept everyone's deposit. If that's right, then that seems shady as fuck. Were the deposits on credit card? I'd see if it's possible to reverse those charges.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me and some friends in Vernon

They obviously want to make sure 100% that the deposits will cover the damages in question. Once they determine the value they will obviously refund the extra deposits taken

Always seems shady and a shitty deal for the people involved but in the end you're the ones who fucked up the machines.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #4
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
speak to a manager or owner, they can't take everyones money since each contract was for the jet ski you were riding. If they won't do anything contact the credit card company and have the charges reversed
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
speak to a manager or owner, they can't take everyones money since each contract was for the jet ski you were riding. If they won't do anything contact the credit card company and have the charges reversed
was just gonna say that. there's 6 separate contracts...2 involved in a slight collision. how do the other 4 come into play???

well if worst comes to worst....internet was able to shut down a pizza store....perhaps this could be the next step up
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #6

Yes the deposits was charged onto each one's credit card. They said that we went into a group and were all responsible for each other actions
Old 08-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #7
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
is there anything on the contract your signed saying that? if there is you are fucked but if there isn't they can not do that
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2014, 09:25 PM   #8

Last edited by Recon604; 09-09-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #9
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
but what happens if the guy who was part of the accident signed the waiver under my name... lol they should have checked as well
could you say your credit card was stolen and thats not you, and they didnt check to see 2 piece of ID when accepting the credit card to match the name/photo?
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
seems shady as hell. if only 2 were in the collision, only 2 deposits would be kept until the damage is assessed and the difference refunded.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #11

Last edited by Recon604; 09-09-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #12
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Hmm thats quite unfortunate. I have rented from that location a handful of times, nothing but good experiences. Then again I listen to their rules, and we don't crash their equipment, so there was no reason to deal with anything...

Keeping all the deposits does seem pretty unfair to everyone else in the group.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #13

This is the waiver
https://www.mediafire.com/?amb3p5fnth8c04p

11. agree to pay Cultus Lake Marina and Rentals Ltd. for all Equipment lost or damages beyond repair at a sum equal to the actual
replacement cost, plus any associated expenses, to Cultus Lake Marina and Rentals Ltd.. which payment is due immediately upon the
conclusion ofthe rental period. and if any Equiprnent is damaged beyond repair. such Equipment becomes my property upon payment
to Cultus Lake Marina and Rentals Ltd. of the above rnentioned replacement cost. plus all associated expenses;

12. agree to pay as a pre-estimate ofliquidated damages and not as a penalty, the rental rate fbr a 5 hour rental for each day from the tirne the
Equipment is lost or damaged, until the time it is replaced or repaired and fit for rcntal by Cultus Lake Marina and Rentals Ltdl
Old 08-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #14
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
Yes the deposits was charged onto each one's credit card. They said that we went into a group and were all responsible for each other actions
That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. I highly doubt you could even word a legal document that places liability on another person WITHOUT their consent and signature.

Ask the CC company to reverse charges ASAP. If they can't reverse then go see a lawyer. Spend the $250 for a quick consultation and don't let these fuckers get away with it.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #15
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Spend the $250 for a quick consultation and don't let these fuckers get away with it.
You mean $25? CBA British Columbia - Lawyer Referral Service
ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #16
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Just coz you go as a group doesn't give them the right to take everyone's depoist. I would bring it up with your credit card company and explain the issue. Good idea to file with BBB as well. That's why I keep a Pre paid credit card with Cap One with only $200 max. Take all they want but they will only get $200 max lol.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #17
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Sooo do you need a license to rent one of these? If you don't got one could u just use a friend's for two rentals? Asking because I plan to go here next week lol
Vansterdam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Just coz you go as a group doesn't give them the right to take everyone's depoist. I would bring it up with your credit card company and explain the issue. Good idea to file with BBB as well. That's why I keep a Pre paid credit card with Cap One with only $200 max. Take all they want but they will only get $200 max lol.
already filed a file and wrong bad reviews on yelp and google loool
Old 08-17-2014, 10:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
Sooo do you need a license to rent one of these? If you don't got one could u just use a friend's for two rentals? Asking because I plan to go here next week lol
no u dont lol
Old 08-17-2014, 10:52 PM   #20
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
+1 to credit card company for chargeback -- that's fucking bullshit that they'd collect everybody's deposit

Half these rental companies operate outside of the law and basically do whatever the hell they feel like. So many times I've made a reservation for a boat rental or jet ski rental and they take my credit card info for the deposit to hold the res, but don't credit that amount on the final bill (happened to me twice before i started catching on and making sure they credited me). I'd try calling up local news agencies and tell them how some fun on the water turned into the rental company collecting a damage deposit from everyone in the party, even those uninvolved. Also mention the way they treated you, the language/attitude with which they addressed you.

Reviews from google:
"Very rude and poor service. Expected someone to tell us our time was up. Got charged for the mins we went over. Told us to sue them if we like"

Seems like "sue us if you like" is their go-to phrase.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2014, 11:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
+1 to credit card company for chargeback -- that's fucking bullshit that they'd collect everybody's deposit

Half these rental companies operate outside of the law and basically do whatever the hell they feel like. So many times I've made a reservation for a boat rental or jet ski rental and they take my credit card info for the deposit to hold the res, but don't credit that amount on the final bill (happened to me twice before i started catching on and making sure they credited me). I'd try calling up local news agencies and tell them how some fun on the water turned into the rental company collecting a damage deposit from everyone in the party, even those uninvolved. Also mention the way they treated you, the language/attitude with which they addressed you.

Reviews from google:
"Very rude and poor service. Expected someone to tell us our time was up. Got charged for the mins we went over. Told us to sue them if we like"

Seems like "sue us if you like" is their go-to phrase.
tat review was from me... made it up before posting the real deal on rs. wasnt sure if I should go thru with it before LOOL

But they did say if we go overtime, we will get charged. I dont get it because they left us a watch in the compartment and I took it out to wear it. And the guy told me to take if off as I might walk off with it. "Its hard ordering watches from China, it takes forever."

How the fck do we check the time more consciously if its not on my wrist...
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-17-2014, 11:16 PM   #22
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Lol then edit your post and take away the confession..
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
RS e-beatdown crew. Let's get these guys and spread the word. We got your back, bro!!

"sue us if you like"

You should have left with a:

Sue you? I'm going to shut you down (like how a pizza store got shut down). lolol.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:20 AM   #24
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
A brand new Yamaha VX110 has a MSRP of $7,699.00 US not $3500.

Playing - Yamaha VX110 Deluxe - | Yamaha | Powered By BoatTest.com
Old 08-18-2014, 01:45 AM   #25
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
fuck yeah lets ruin some businesses
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote