REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:09 AM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini View Post
Separate contracts. They may as well try to withhold deposits from everyone who rented that day. Absurd.
LOL!

Could you imagine?

You walk back to the rental place after you had a blast on the jet ski, and they tell you "Sorry but some guy this morning crashed into a dock, so we are keeping everyone's damage deposits to pay for that machine".
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #52
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

my friend couldnt dispute the charge since he entered his pin. I did too but rbc said they will dispute the claim. Dont get why td couldnt
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #53

pretty sure they are going to just some bondo on the fiberglass to repair the gash. the front rubber bumper they can just buy another one.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:35 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Any pics of the damage?
unfortunately i dont =S
Old 08-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #55
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
my friend couldnt dispute the charge since he entered his pin. I did too but rbc said they will dispute the claim. Dont get why td couldnt
That doesn't sound right. There are many reasons you can dispute a charge. One is outright fraud (someone using a duplicate card). In this case having the PIN suggests it wasn't fraud since someone capturing your card # wouldn't have the PIN. Another way to dispute the charge is when you legitimately give your CC info to a store, and they go ahead and charge additional items/fees that you didn't agree to. This is how your friend should have explained it to TD. I've disputed items with TD before and never had an issue. Perhaps your friend isn't properly explaining what actually happened.

The 4 guys who didn't get their deposits back should have no trouble disputing. The 2 who collided will have a hard time.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2014, 05:45 AM   #56

Their response to my BBB claim.

1. Instruct BBB to remove your slanderous message about my business from their website.
2. Formally apologize for destroying 2 of my Jetskis in the peak of my Summer 2014 season.
OR
3. Hire a Lawyer, because once again "we're fuckin gona take all your money."
*When you disrespect my equipment, don't follow the rules, excessively damage my equipment, and then turn around and bad mouth Defamation of Character of my Business....... Hope you have a good Lawyer, because you cost my Company roughly $15,000 and I'm coming after you in Court for ALL of it! Your choice!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:58 AM   #57

They're asking quite a lot. I didn't make false claims. It's legit. We are the customers and we have the right to let everyone know how you run your business. How would your customers know if they would be doing excessive damage?

But to be honest, I don't even want to get in court because I nvr been in one and wouldn't it require a lot of time tho money?

Last edited by Recon604; 09-08-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:15 AM   #58
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Looks like they wanna charge you for loss of use of the jet skis ... sounds like they're just trying to use scare tactics. I don't know how good of a lawyer your family has, but if I had money to waste I'd get the best lawyer I could find just to fuck with these assholes

If you remove your BBB review + Apologize for destroying 2 jetskiis are you going to be reimbursed the other damage deposits?
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:19 AM   #59
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Their response to my BBB claim.

1. Instruct BBB to remove your slanderous message about my business from their website.
2. Formally apologize for destroying 2 of my Jetskis in the peak of my Summer 2014 season.
OR
3. Hire a Lawyer, because once again "we're fuckin gona take all your money."
*When you disrespect my equipment, don't follow the rules, excessively damage my equipment, and then turn around and bad mouth Defamation of Character of my Business....... Hope you have a good Lawyer, because you cost my Company roughly $15,000 and I'm coming after you in Court for ALL of it! Your choice!

option 4 - remove your slanderous message, get EVERYONE you know to give extremely bad reviews. it's next to impossible for them to know if someone actually visited and walked away due to horrible service, heard about your review, and decided to chime in and share their experience.

ps - if hes going to use quotations for "we're fuckin gona take all your money.", he can at least get the exact wording right thats posted on yelp..."We're fckin taking all your money"
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #60

I know he's trying to scare us off. I'm leaving my reviews on there as they are 100% legitimate. My resolution to the dispute is reimburse the others deposits as their waiver doesn't specify anything about being liable for others damage. That's all he said in reply to the BBB, wants us to apologize and remove the review or set it in court ... I costed his company $15000 LOL, he stole my deposit. Maybe my reviews may have prevented other customers from coming but to accuse that it's my fault... Guy doesn't know how to run a business. We were all cooperative when the accident happened and asking if things were okay. They just treated us as scums and wanted to discipline all of us.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #61

Fuck this POS. Don't pussy out and let it slide - send your 4 demand letters and get a court date for all 4 buddies.

There's no way he's going to be able to claim a loss of $15,000. He'd have to keep extremely detailed records of every single customer he had to show how many bookings he averages a day, how much money he makes a day, how many days he was out the machines that were "damaged", prove they were not being used by showing they were in a repair shop getting worked on, prove that every single other machine was FULLY BOOKED for the ENTIRE DAY and that he could have booked the missing machines because demand was high enough.

Further, he's going to have to break this down by day of the week (weekday vs weekend) and weather (will he claim that he was fully booked on rainy days vs sunny days?).

Like I said before, I don't think he even keeps track of which renters used which machines (like go kart tracks, you grab the first available one and go). If he can't provide that kind of detail there's no way he's going to be able to claim losses.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #62
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
At this point I don't know if you have done this yet or not, but go consult a lawyer. Even if its a nominal fee, pay it and know what your options are.

They would have to provide evidence that they have indeed lost revenue due to the skis being out of service (how much does it cost to rent 2 skis, and how many hours would they have to rent out to lose 15k). I somewhat doubt they are fully booked to the tits. And who wouldn't have any extra skis for back up just in case something like this happens?

EDIT: ^ ninja'd
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #63
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
I know he's trying to scare us off. I'm leaving my reviews on there as they are 100% legitimate. My resolution to the dispute is reimburse the others deposits as their waiver doesn't specify anything about being liable for others damage. That's all he said in reply to the BBB, wants us to apologize and remove the review or set it in court ... I costed his company $15000 LOL, he stole my deposit. Maybe my reviews may have prevented other customers from coming but to accuse that it's my fault... Guy doesn't know how to run a business. We were all cooperative when the accident happened and asking if things were okay. They just treated us as scums and wanted to discipline all of us.
Send them the lawyer letters. And also let your CC company you file send in your lawyer letters and if they don't respone take them to court. I would suspect that is more than enough for the CC compnay to at least reverse the charge for the time being.

Also what they said was totally thearthing I would even tell the lawyer who is wirting the letter for you about this. Maybe what they said isn't 100% legeal?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #64
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
It isn't Libel if it's true, I would tell him to fuck his hat.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Fuck this POS. Don't pussy out and let it slide - send your 4 demand letters and get a court date for all 4 buddies.

There's no way he's going to be able to claim a loss of $15,000. He'd have to keep extremely detailed records of every single customer he had to show how many bookings he averages a day, how much money he makes a day, how many days he was out the machines that were "damaged", prove they were not being used by showing they were in a repair shop getting worked on, prove that every single other machine was FULLY BOOKED for the ENTIRE DAY and that he could have booked the missing machines because demand was high enough.

Further, he's going to have to break this down by day of the week (weekday vs weekend) and weather (will he claim that he was fully booked on rainy days vs sunny days?).

Like I said before, I don't think he even keeps track of which renters used which machines (like go kart tracks, you grab the first available one and go). If he can't provide that kind of detail there's no way he's going to be able to claim losses.

Last edited by Recon604; 09-09-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #66

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
They did record who went on which machine but my friend who thought he needed a driver license wrote my name. So technically they have two of the same name on two skiies :
I'd like to see them explain in court how one person can use two jet-skiis at the same time.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I'd like to see them explain in court how one person can use two jet-skiis at the same time.
Bingo. It also shows they don't pay attention. How can a judge trust their record keeping when they made such an obvious mistake?
Old 09-08-2014, 12:06 PM   #68

I didnt take a picture of the skiies tho.. anyone can recommend me a lawyer
Old 09-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #69
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
What if I wanted to rent a jet ski for myself and one for my friend? It's totally plausible and putting my name on both applications would technically make me responsible for both jet skis.
JaPoola is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPoola View Post
What if I wanted to rent a jet ski for myself and one for my friend? It's totally plausible and putting my name on both applications would technically make me responsible for both jet skis.
Then there should have been a $1,000 deposit charged to one person instead of $500 to two separate people.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Then there should have been a $1,000 deposit charged to one person instead of $500 to two separate people.
When me and 3 friends rented jet skis in Penticton they raised the deposits to 1000$ per person. Also told us that if we damage the jet skis we would all be responsible for the damage. They also told us to stay far away from each to prevent accidents from happening. They hold everyone responsible because you are going out there as a group and that increases the chances of crashes. Basically they are trying to deter you from doing dumb shit that will result in damaging the equipment. Obviously this didn't deter the OPs friends, and now they all gotta pay the price. Be grateful if the deposit was only 500$.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #72
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Maybe the rental company reads this thread?

godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #73

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPoola View Post
When me and 3 friends rented jet skis in Penticton they raised the deposits to 1000$ per person. Also told us that if we damage the jet skis we would all be responsible for the damage. They also told us to stay far away from each to prevent accidents from happening. They hold everyone responsible because you are going out there as a group and that increases the chances of crashes. Basically they are trying to deter you from doing dumb shit that will result in damaging the equipment. Obviously this didn't deter the OPs friends, and now they all gotta pay the price. Be grateful if the deposit was only 500$.
If you're in a wedding party and you and all the groomsmen rent tuxes together for the same wedding and lets say one of the guys decides to cut the sleeves off his tux and turn his pants into shorts. Should everybody in the wedding party be liable for the damaged tux or just the dumbass that damaged it?

If you agreed to that you're a moron, they can't hold you liable for damages you had nothing to do with. The person who owns this rental business can hold the people who damaged the jet ski's responsible for all the damages he cannot however do the same to other people who had nothing to do with it. The courts will agree, if the OP sues he will win lawyer or not. Rental companies can use whatever language they want verbally or written, doesn't mean it will hold up in a court of law.

If I was the OP I would have already filed my claim for damages.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #74
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Use board sponsor? Tell them Revscene sent you.

It is not that hard.. heck they call themselves the victory lawyers and it was an accident right?

Quote:
I didnt take a picture of the skiies tho.. anyone can recommend me a lawyer
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
If you're in a wedding party and you and all the groomsmen rent tuxes together for the same wedding and lets say one of the guys decides to cut the sleeves off his tux and turn his pants into shorts. Should everybody in the wedding party be liable for the damaged tux or just the dumbass that damaged it?

If you agreed to that you're a moron, they can't hold you liable for damages you had nothing to do with. The person who owns this rental business can hold the people who damaged the jet ski's responsible for all the damages he cannot however do the same to other people who had nothing to do with it. The courts will agree, if the OP sues he will win lawyer or not. Rental companies can use whatever language they want verbally or written, doesn't mean it will hold up in a court of law.

If I was the OP I would have already filed my claim for damages.
"If you agreed to that". Exactly, if before you rented the tuxedos they told you that if one gets damaged you all have to pay, and you agreed to those terms, you can't complain later when shit happens and you have to pay up.

If you don't agree to the terms of the rental then don't rent.