REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   9 year old with an UZI kills instructor (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697709-9-year-old-uzi-kills-instructor.html)

Manic! 08-27-2014 02:22 AM

9 year old with an UZI kills instructor

A 9-year-old girl accidentally shot and killed a shooting instructor with an automatic Uzi in White Hills, Arizona, authorities said in a statement Tuesday.

The girl, who was unidentified, shot 39-year-old instructor Charles Vacca in the head on Monday, Mohave County Sherriff's deputies said in a release. She was learning how to use the weapon. The shooting took place around 10 a.m., local time, at Last Stop, a business with a shooting range that's located in the ghost town. The girl, who police did not identify, was accompanied by her parents.

and it's not the first time

Kid ends up shooting himself and dying.

6o4__boi 08-27-2014 07:24 AM

H.Specter 08-27-2014 07:36 AM

well you know what's next... ban 9 year olds

hchang 08-27-2014 08:06 AM

OMGEE BAN ALL THE GUNS LULZ

It's the instructors fault.

Anti-Gun Hipsters are annoying as fuck.

BoostedBB6 08-27-2014 08:10 AM

Joking aside, they seriously need to stop idiots from owning firearms.
Hand a kid a automatic sub machine gun that an adult has to muscle on target and be surprised that they end up spraying it around.

So sad about that girl. Living with that kind of thing for the rest of your life.

BAN STUPIDITY!!!

multicartual 08-27-2014 08:10 AM

How many children died from gun accidents VS, say, drowning last year?

ban water!!!

MarkyMark 08-27-2014 08:24 AM

The problem here was they started too late. Every child should be trained to use an Uzi by kindergarten.

How many children died from being left in a hot car last year VS say, using a gun they don't have the strength to hold? Let's go after the real killer here, the sun.

underscore 08-27-2014 08:56 AM

^ Everyone who has consumed H2O has died, or will die within the next 100 years.

FEAR THE REAL KILLER.

Being serious, idiots need to stop letting kids handle larger guns. If you want to teach them to shoot and respect guns, start them off with something they can actually handle. If you want to teach a kid to dirtbike you don't put them on a motocross race bike, if you want to teach a kid to fish you don't take them halibut fishing. This is no different, at least this time it was the dumbass instructor who won the Darwin award.

Traum 08-27-2014 09:25 AM

Obviously this is yet another :facepalm: moment in the humane race, but I wonder who should bear more of the blame? The parents who sent their children out to the shooting range, knowingly (or unknowingly) allow their kid to play with a Uzi? The instructor who allowed the kid to use the (semi?) automatic weapon? The shooting range that allows for such a program in the first place?

multicartual 08-27-2014 09:46 AM

Can't fix stupid

BoostedBB6 08-27-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8521865)
Obviously this is yet another :facepalm: moment in the humane race, but I wonder who should bear more of the blame? The parents who sent their children out to the shooting range, knowingly (or unknowingly) allow their kid to play with a Uzi? The instructor who allowed the kid to use the (semi?) automatic weapon? The shooting range that allows for such a program in the first place?

Who's to blame for handing a 9 year old a full auto firearm with no training.....I would say the trainer who in the video is instructing the girl to fire the firearm. My daughters shoot little single shot 22's and they love it to death however they are not being handed my TRG-42 in 338LM to just go blast away with nothing more than my words as instruction. The person to "blame" is the guy just to the left of that video what gets shot.

The rest of that statement comes down to opinion, not blame.

ZN6 08-27-2014 10:13 AM

This necessitates safety labels on guns with a warning that misoperation or uncontrolled use of fire arm may cause death. :rolleyes:

BoostedBB6 08-27-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZN6 (Post 8521885)
This necessitates safety labels on guns with a warning that misoperation or uncontrolled use of fire arm may cause death. :rolleyes:

Interesting thing, all the firearms I have bought new have these warnings on them.....all over them. Always on on the trigger itself and more where you would load it and in the owners manual.
No decal will make a person smart tho.

parm104 08-27-2014 11:47 AM

"instructor"

westopher 08-27-2014 11:53 AM

You know what would have solved this problem? More guns, right? If you don't see something wrong with a culture that allows children to handle an automatic firearm, supervised or not, you are fucking batshit crazy. I'm neither pro-gun or anti-gun, however, america's attitude towards guns needs a serious fucking adjustment.

320icar 08-27-2014 12:28 PM

Finally westopher something we absolutely agree on

westopher 08-27-2014 12:43 PM

I thought we agreed on lots of stuff other than style 5s on e36 m3s:concentrate:

parm104 08-27-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8521925)
You know what would have solved this problem? More guns, right? If you don't see something wrong with a culture that allows children to handle an automatic firearm, supervised or not, you are fucking batshit crazy. I'm neither pro-gun or anti-gun, however, america's attitude towards guns needs a serious fucking adjustment.

From what I've seen here, if you're not pro-gun you're anti-gun. There is no middle ground with the people in this forum. People like to jump on each others throats here even when someone makes a logical and sound argument such as yours. The same trolls will go to every gun-related thread and post their "ban all kids" jokes in there.

GGnoRE 08-27-2014 02:23 PM

Why is there a uzi in the hands of a 9 yr old... Why does a 9yr old need to be trained how to use Uzi???

Whats next, grenades?

bcedhk 08-27-2014 02:47 PM

Is the "american" culture. Guns/shooting range for them can be considered family time activity. Especially when the parents are gun loving hobbyist, I am sure they will feel like is normal for their son and daughter to be handling a high powered gun.

Although I am surprise the instructor would stand on the side and not behind.. or at least assist in holding the gun for her knowing an uzi has a pretty big recoil.

BrRsn 08-27-2014 02:50 PM

I like guns, I still think americans are retarded though.

I wouldn't want to live in a society where I don't feel safe leaving home without a gun tucked into my waistband, but that's simply the case in America due to the double-edged sword that is their gun laws. The uzi sounds like a fun gun to use at the range, but in practicality it's just designed to kill in close range -- why else would you need a high capacity mag, full auto, and relatively shitty long range accuracy

Traum 08-27-2014 03:02 PM

I fully understand the right to bear arms is written into the American constitution in the 2nd amendment, and I don't have a problem with people interested in having firearms as a hobby. But really, while the American frontier attitude of the 2nd amendment is appropriate during the late 1700's, I seriously question how out of touch the attitude has become in the current day and age.

$_$ 08-27-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8522011)
I fully understand the right to bear arms is written into the American constitution in the 2nd amendment, and I don't have a problem with people interested in having firearms as a hobby. But really, while the American frontier attitude of the 2nd amendment is appropriate during the late 1700's, I seriously question how out of touch the attitude has become in the current day and age.

Not to sound all CIC, but you don't think that in the event the government really stops acting in the best interests of its people, that it would be extremely beneficial for it's citizens to be armed in maintain order?

supafamous 08-27-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $_$ (Post 8522052)
Not to sound all CIC, but you don't think that in the event the government really stops acting in the best interests of its people, that it would be extremely beneficial for it's citizens to be armed in maintain order?

I'm not Traum but I'd say...

1) The government stopped acting in the best interests of its citizens a long time ago (and I'm not a "overthrow govt" type - just a realist)

2) When you say "maintain order" do you mean to rebel against the gov't or to manage the new "civilian" run state? For the former, I'd say the gov't advantage in firepower is so overwhelming that there's no scenario where arming a militia makes any difference other than to get more people killed. For the latter, if we've overthrown the gov't we'll have access to their weapons.

I think it's only because we are so close to the US that we'd even consider these crazy frontier notions of gun ownership. In Europe (or other democracies) it's near insane for citizens to have guns (other than for hunting).

Manic! 08-27-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGnoRE (Post 8521995)
Why is there a uzi in the hands of a 9 yr old?

Because her parents paid 100 bux. Last time I was in Vegas i shot a M16 after having only a couple a minutes of training.

It's funny if you go ta any American gun forums they will talk about how stupid the instructor was and a 9 year old should not be firing a UZI but then they say I don't think they should make any new laws.

To become a certified NRA instructor all you have to do is take a one day class and write a open book exam.