REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

*STOLEN* Volk Racing Winning F-Zero wheels in 18" off of Toyota Supra

*STOLEN* Volk Racing Winning F-Zero wheels in 18" off of Toyota Supra

Hi guys, I'm new to RevScene, as this is my very first post. I've been to a few of the meets this year, as I just bought a ride I can finally call my own, and I love everything about it. People are nice, cars are dope, but I can't help but to not be happy with the car scene at the moment (Not accusing anyone on RevScene in par-tic-tacular) as 3 months into owning a car and putting all my money into it (from a minimum wage job), I've been a victim of theft and vandalism.

I don't really like posting PSAs on boards, but I felt that I should let everyone know, and hopefully alert all of you car lovers or not about some happenings around the neighborhood. Also, I'd be appreciative if anyone had any leads to help my search and recovery

On the night of Aug 26, 2014 I had my wheels taken from my car in my own driveway. Most likely happened early morning in the Burnaby/Douglas Road area. Sad to say I didn't have any wheel locks on, but if had invested in some, this may have not happened. If anyone has any ideas of where I can look, it would be very appreciated. they are staggered Rays Volk Racing Winning Zeros in 18 inch diameter. Along with the theft, much damage has been done to the body including a paint chip, a dented front lip, an unaligned door-fender panel, and as you can clearly see, the side skirt has been warped due to the damn jack which is stuck under the car. I can't help but to think that this monkey didn't exactly know what he was doing... Guy didn't even use wood to prop the car up, and now it's sitting on its rotors. Targeted or not, I just want everyone to know to secure your cars (especially those in my neighborhood). Honestly didn't think it could happen to me, and now that it has, I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else. Lesson: Wheel locks, alarm, and park your car in a garage. Any help would be lovely, thanks for your time.

If I'm honest, I don't really plan on seeing those wheels ever again, as there are tons of cars on the streets, and they could literally be anywhere. However, I thank you all for your time and care to read this post let alone inform me if anything suspicious comes up. I think the notification to all of you guys of thieves would be a lot more valuable than recovery, as it could happen to anyone next.

Thanks for reading this post, let alone aiding in my potential recovery of the wheels. I love my car, and I just want to get it back on the road for a few more drives before I park it for the winter.
Advertisement
DrRyanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,751 Times in 3,867 Posts
Pics of wheels?

Ps: wheel locks ain't stopping nobody. If they want them they will get them
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Sorry to hear but
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
This:

Pretty rare wheels. If they pop up on CL you will know.

Keep your hopes up, our members have proven over and over that they are pretty good detectives, and they can find A LOT of stuff.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts

I assume they look something like this.

As for never seeing them. About 4 months ago I have some RH's stolen off my Prelude and thanks to an RS member I was able to find them and get them back.

Post a pic of the car with the wheels on it and any specific things that could identify these wheels as yours.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,331 Times in 213 Posts
Sorry for your loss
Depending on your car insurance ICBC covers 10k worth in aftermarket parts

Exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine and icbc paid for the wheels and damages (lip kit and paint)
jackp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:07 PM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Well, hopefully you bought that coverage.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:18 PM   #8

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Hey OP did you file for a vandilism claim? And sucks that the thief's put it on rotors...fucking hell. Will be on the lookout for the rims

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #9
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I'll keep a look out on CL ad various boards. Thieves can eat a fat bag of dicks.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #10
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Sorry guys, still learning how to use RevScene. Forgive me.

Anyway, this is what the car looked like before it left Japan. Haven't changed anything since, other than the fact that it's now sitting on my driveway on it's rotors with a jack stuck underneath it.

RZ - (3).jpg
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #11
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
damn that supra looks great, what a shame :/

will keep my eyes peeled for ye
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #12
Need my Daily Fix of RS

EYES IN RICHMOND
bossha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #13
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
There are not many of these older Volks around. Watch Craigslist, Kijiji, ebay, forums for them to come up for sale.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #14
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
There are not many of these older Volks around. Watch Craigslist, Kijiji, ebay, forums for them to come up for sale.
these people aint chumps when it comes to fencing things they steal for a living. All you can do is report it to the police and lock your shit up. I Always pisses me off to hear these kinds of stories of people's cars getting vandalized or jacked because in the end you're just so damn powerless.
Ash Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #15
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackp0t View Post
Sorry for your loss
Depending on your car insurance ICBC covers 10k worth in aftermarket parts

Exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine and icbc paid for the wheels and damages (lip kit and paint)
Curious about this. Could you elaborate more please?
R. Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #16

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Mutt View Post
Curious about this. Could you elaborate more please?
Call ICBC, report the theft, pay deductible and get new wheels....

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #17
I STILL don't get it

He said "Depending on your car insurance ICBC..." That's the part I'm curious about.
R. Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #18
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,331 Times in 213 Posts
Yes if you got the the full coverage it works just like a hit and run claim
and you are covered 10k in aftermarket parts
jackp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #19
N8
I STILL don't get it

Keeping an eye out.. fingers crossed. What size tires were they if you know?
Old 09-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #20
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Thanks guys.

Rears were 265 35 18
Fronts were 215 40 18
Old 09-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #21
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Damn that suck man, a friend of mine recently got his wheels stolen to.
dtea54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #22
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
It doesn't matter if the wheels are aftermarket or not, when someone steals a part or parts from your car that are required to make it function, ICBC has to cover it don't they? Its well worth a $500 deductible for a set of wheels and tires. I mean unless you have coverage that doesn't cover vandalism and theft.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

I always thought in my mind to get a junk/beater for a daily especially in heatscore areas like Vancouver/Surrey/Richmond. No stress if something happens cause face it it's a beater. Have the weekend cruiser/modded car locked up in the garage, never park on street/parking lot/outside.

Nobody likes thieves but you got to stay vigilant when you have a ballin' car. Treat it like you would a baby i.e NEVER KEEP THEM OUT OF SIGHT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!

Way too many junkies breaking into cars to feed their habbit. Their's no consequences if they get caught or they might get a slap on the wrist.

We all love our cars that we invest ton & money into and it makes me wish sometimes that I lived in Japan. Friend lost his wallet their once and some Japanese person handed it in to lost & found to return it.
Shark Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-18-2014, 12:14 AM   #24
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Tank View Post
I always thought in my mind to get a junk/beater for a daily especially in heatscore areas like Vancouver/Surrey/Richmond. No stress if something happens cause face it it's a beater. Have the weekend cruiser/modded car locked up in the garage, never park on street/parking lot/outside.

Nobody likes thieves but you got to stay vigilant when you have a ballin' car. Treat it like you would a baby i.e NEVER KEEP THEM OUT OF SIGHT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!

Way too many junkies breaking into cars to feed their habbit. Their's no consequences if they get caught or they might get a slap on the wrist.

We all love our cars that we invest ton & money into and it makes me wish sometimes that I lived in Japan. Friend lost his wallet their once and some Japanese person handed it in to lost & found to return it.
yes.... cus every "heaty" kid in richmond is out roaming the nights with a jack and socket+breaker bar to steal a nice pair of rims. if you actually knew your shit instead of talking out of your imaginary realm of winning the lottery and buying nice exotics and curse mommy and daddy for not being a rich asian couple just like every single chinese asian family that you're so jealous about. Most "heaty" "gangster" kids just deal with small pocket-able items (i.e. stolen phones or drugs or w/e) *i knew a guy that was into that lifestyle*

And yes, everybody with nice cars should have a 24/7 security camera directly looking into their garage or car so they can constantly look at it and never sleep cus, OH NO, who knows what could happen in the hours that one needs to rest at night? gotta take a shit or go to work? TOO BAD, gotta watch over the car so nothing happens to it.

i mean seriously dude, fuck off, i know that ignorance is bliss and all but holy shit.

and to OP, sorry for the shitty hand that you got dealt, wish you the best in finding justice or peace to what happened to your car, and lets hope those rotors dont stay on the ground for long eh?
[02-07, 18:27] Jasonturbo: Fuckin RS, full of broke ass surrians, you guys are such downers

[07-07, 23:21] Inaii: I had some really shitty chinese tires on my fb... thing squealed like a chick getting fucked up the ass for the first time every time

[10-01, 23:38] jinxcrusader: should've stuck with stubbz in the back
Mr.Stubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: