REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 10-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #51
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Report store? Employee trying to profit a little from selling outright since hes asking for cash.
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #52
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmeister View Post
so choked.

-Pre-ordered it for pickup to Richmond Continental Center rogers dealer.
-Phone arrived at dealer on Tuesday, but wouldn't release it until today
-Confirmed with Rogers outright purchase price is 749.99+tax
-Dealer wanted 800 + tax in cash for it

Wouldn't give it to me in the end. I walked out.

What kind of silly bullshit is this?
Report to rogers. Is best if you note the time and who you talk you.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #53
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
so choked.

-Pre-ordered it for pickup to Richmond Continental Center rogers dealer.
-Phone arrived at dealer on Tuesday, but wouldn't release it until today
-Confirmed with Rogers outright purchase price is 749.99+tax
-Dealer wanted 800 + tax in cash for it

Wouldn't give it to me in the end. I walked out.

What kind of silly bullshit is this?

That sucks.
I'll be picking mine up tmrw from a different location. Hope the don't pull this BS on me!
So it's confirmed that it's $749.99 +tax? Rogers doesn't have the "buy outright" price posted on their website.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #54
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Should be $749.99+tax.

On the rogers site you can buy the phone for $329.99 on a 2-yr contract, it says $420 in savings.

$329.99 + $420 = $749.99 Outright(pre-tax)
Old 10-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #55

Was just at Samsung at metrotown.
worker there said $800 +tax to buy outright.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #56

To be clear:
Telus/Bell outright price: 800+tax
Rogers outright price: 750+tax

I spoke with the manager at the store this morning approximately 1130am and asked to see if I can pick it up at 1pm. She verbally said the phone is 800+ tax in cash. I said "ok see you later"

Immediately I called Rogers (and got an interaction ID) regarding this issue and the lady on the other side asked her supervisor and confirmed that it was supposed to be 750+tax.

Went to store at 1:15pm and she reiterated it was 800+tax in cash (the guy before me went to TD bank to grab cash). Explained to her that it was confirmed by Rogers that it is 750+tax, and she said its only for new customers (clearly wrong) or if you upgrade, then complains that Rogers gives out misinformation. I told her I will speak with Rogers and told her I don't want the phone from her.

Good thing when I spoke with Rogers earlier, the lady said that if they still refuse to charge 749.99+tax then I can just re-order from Rogers, directly mailed to me.

I just feel bad for that fella before me who went to get cash and paid the extra 50.

Edit:

Forgot to mention, the dealer acknowledged that the phone is 749.99+ tax but she insists on me paying 800+tax in cash (no cc). Kept my phone hostage. What kind of fucking bullshit is this
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #57
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
just tell them that you will be reporting them to rogers and good luck retaining as an authorized reseller by scamming people.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2014, 10:49 PM   #58
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
yeah please report that lady

never liked her anyway
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #59
I STILL don't get it

After spending a day with Note 4 I can say it is still worth the money coming from a Note 3. The camera is pretty spectacular.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #60
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Bought the phone yesterday and still in its box. Haven't had time to play with it LOL .
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #61
I am Hook'd on RS

Ordered mine online from Telus......i cant wait for this thing to ship
just realized telus charges 800 when rogers charges 750.. damn TELUS
roughmandamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #62
I don't get it

What case is everyone using?
michimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #63

Ordered the spigen slim armor. But it wont arrive till mid December
Will need someting for the mean time...
thinking about the samsung flip case. But cant justify the price. plus i had a flip case on my S3 and not sure if i want another flip cover.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #64
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
I'm not sure if this is how rogers does it but I'm quite familiar with the Fido side of the business. There is an outright price vs. a month-to-month/prepaid activation price and usually the difference is $25-50.
Basically there is an incentive to activate a new line even if it's without contract.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
I'm not sure if this is how rogers does it but I'm quite familiar with the Fido side of the business. There is an outright price vs. a month-to-month/prepaid activation price and usually the difference is $25-50.
Basically there is an incentive to activate a new line even if it's without contract.
I understand where you're coming from.

After the debacle up top, the Rogers manager gave me a credit and told me the quickest way to get my phone is to go back and get it from another employee. I did that, and they said my phone has been put aside by the manager and to look for her on Monday.

Now I contacted them today, and they refuse to even sell me the phone at 800. Only for activation and upgrades only. Called Rogers again today but their managers were gone after 11pm EST, so have to try again. I've already spent 4 hours going back and forth from dealer and on phone. This is bullshit.

Before I just wanted to get my phone and carry on with life, now I'm hellbent on revenge
Old 10-28-2014, 07:43 AM   #66
I STILL don't get it

If your willing to pay $799+tax for the phone just grab it from the Samsung store. I bought it there outright on launch day with no issues

On another note[emoji12], I ordered a Ringke Fusion case. It's clear so you can see the phone but will probably only use it when I'm going out drinking or doing outdoorsy stuff. The feel of the phone naked is just too nice.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #67
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
I understand where you're coming from.

After the debacle up top, the Rogers manager gave me a credit and told me the quickest way to get my phone is to go back and get it from another employee. I did that, and they said my phone has been put aside by the manager and to look for her on Monday.

Now I contacted them today, and they refuse to even sell me the phone at 800. Only for activation and upgrades only. Called Rogers again today but their managers were gone after 11pm EST, so have to try again. I've already spent 4 hours going back and forth from dealer and on phone. This is bullshit.

Before I just wanted to get my phone and carry on with life, now I'm hellbent on revenge
Call and their manage and complain that you wasted so much of your time and that they store manager is basically making it harder.Your time = money and just said with Telus and Bell they don't make you go through this hassle just for a phone. Also let them know this is causing a lot of stress on you and because of this you really don't feel Rogers is serving you as a customer and you are really considering swtiching to Telus or Bell (list what package they have, and price and if they have promos list that as well.). And you want to know what they can do for you to keep you as a customer. If the manager refuse give you anymore give him/her your credit card and tell them you want to to stop your account now and ask them to charge the remaining balance on your credit card. Make sure they put notes in as to why you want to cancel ask them for their full name and their employee ID and ask them to Email you to confirm that they have cancel your account. Also you will be writing a complain to CCTS and BSCA and the police as well because the manager at the rogers location is basically scamming customers and that is illegal and police should be notify.

Make sure you don't back out like a chicken. Because if you do you won't get anything form them.

I am pretty sure they will be able to give you more than $50 credit at this point.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #68

Paid $895 tax in at samsung store. I rather pay the extra $50 more, rather than having to deal with the carriers itself. Not worth the time fighting over what the price should be and etc., since they are so anal about buying it outright.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Paid $895 tax in at samsung store. I rather pay the extra $50 more, rather than having to deal with the carriers itself. Not worth the time fighting over what the price should be and etc., since they are so anal about buying it outright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Call and their manage and complain that you wasted so much of your time and that they store manager is basically making it harder.Your time = money and just said with Telus and Bell they don't make you go through this hassle just for a phone. Also let them know this is causing a lot of stress on you and because of this you really don't feel Rogers is serving you as a customer and you are really considering swtiching to Telus or Bell (list what package they have, and price and if they have promos list that as well.). And you want to know what they can do for you to keep you as a customer. If the manager refuse give you anymore give him/her your credit card and tell them you want to to stop your account now and ask them to charge the remaining balance on your credit card. Make sure they put notes in as to why you want to cancel ask them for their full name and their employee ID and ask them to Email you to confirm that they have cancel your account. Also you will be writing a complain to CCTS and BSCA and the police as well because the manager at the rogers location is basically scamming customers and that is illegal and police should be notify.

Make sure you don't back out like a chicken. Because if you do you won't get anything form them.

I am pretty sure they will be able to give you more than $50 credit at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstyles View Post
If your willing to pay $799+tax for the phone just grab it from the Samsung store. I bought it there outright on launch day with no issues

On another note[emoji12], I ordered a Ringke Fusion case. It's clear so you can see the phone but will probably only use it when I'm going out drinking or doing outdoorsy stuff. The feel of the phone naked is just too nice.
After all this bullshit above this is what happens:

They finally found me a phone and I will be picking it up later today I think. I spent all morning fb messaging Rogers and they finally figured out who dropped the fucking ball on this. They offered to let me keep the 50 dollar credit (price difference) for my inconvenience but now guess what:

Originally the phone was 749.99 + tax (as seen by people in this thread too). The number was derived from the contract price of 329.99 and save 420 on agreement for a total of 749.99. This number was confirmed by several people at Rogers as of yesterday. Now today the price has been changed to 299.99 contract price and save 500 on agreement for a total of 799.99
Old 10-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #70
I STILL don't get it

Well good to hear your ordeal is coming to an end. The phone is definitely worth it.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstyles View Post
Well good to hear your ordeal is coming to an end. The phone is definitely worth it.
I hope so. In the end:

1) purchase phone for 799.99 + tax
2) 100 dollar credit on next invoice
3) complaint lodged to district manager
4) lost 6 hours of my life
Old 10-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #72

Anyone know how to disable screen wake up from text messages? What is happening is, when I receive texts, my phone screen wakes up and turns on. I just want simply the led to blink only. I'm using GO SMS.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #73
RS controls my life!

How r u guys getting 749.99 at rogers i called 2 places n they both said 850 n i asked them r u sure its not 750 n they said no....
Old 10-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by En4cer View Post
How r u guys getting 749.99 at rogers i called 2 places n they both said 850 n i asked them r u sure its not 750 n they said no....
its 799.99 now, it was 749.99 on launch day until monday.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:13 PM   #75
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Mine gets delivered tomorrow