REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Dragon's Den Season 9: Robert Herjavec & Kevin O'Leary got replaced by gay magicians (https://www.revscene.net/forums/698047-dragons-den-season-9-robert-herjavec-kevin-oleary-got-replaced-gay-magicians.html)

Timpo 09-11-2014 05:29 PM

Dragon's Den Season 9: Robert Herjavec & Kevin O'Leary got replaced by gay magicians

ancient_510 09-11-2014 05:45 PM

Not sure if an elaborate hoax :suspicious:

Manic! 09-11-2014 05:49 PM

Not a hoax. Uncle Kevin and Robert have gone Hollywood.

I wonder if the Dragons get paid by the CBC?and if so how much?

murd0c 09-11-2014 05:53 PM

Not surprised, Dragons Den isn't good enough for them now but I'm sure they are still getting paid for the idea

iEatClams 09-11-2014 06:02 PM

Vikram vij? seriously? not liking this selection.

RRxtar 09-11-2014 06:36 PM

David Chilton replaced Robert 2 seasons ago

Nabatron 09-11-2014 07:40 PM

garbage!

tiger_handheld 09-11-2014 07:48 PM

Kevin O'leary and Bruce Croxton (sp?) were replaced.

So now there are 2 food guru's? Vij and Treliving? I'm calling Treliving to leave next..

AAnthony 09-11-2014 08:18 PM

-----

Manic! 09-11-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAnthony (Post 8527983)
Dragons Den wasn't their idea.. it originally aired on the BBC in the UK, this is just a Canadian version of a British show.

I've been watching a lot more shark tank these days opposed to dragons den anyways. I'm sure they have a much better deal with shark tank. I just noticed Kevin O' Leary isn't on the Lang and O' Leary exchange anymore :(

Originally it was a Japanese show.

AzNightmare 09-11-2014 08:52 PM

I prefer Shark Tank a lot more.

ae101 09-11-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8528007)
I prefer Shark Tank a lot more.

better not let shark tank hear that or else he will get the impression that he has fans here on RS :troll:

AzNightmare 09-11-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae101 (Post 8528012)
better not let shark tank hear that or else he will get the impression that he has fans here on RS :troll:

:fuckthatshit:

lol

StylinRed 09-11-2014 09:29 PM

i don't really prefer either show because i was expecting to see great ideas or risky ideas with these "dragons" taking a risk on investing in these companies

instead we see these "dragons" or "sharks" not take risks and only move in on "sure things" and they don't invest they basically takeover these companies

and a lot of these businessmen aren't bringing ideas they're simply selling non-unique products from china

you rarely get a good show, even the bbc one is lame :/

ae101 09-11-2014 09:34 PM

me & my dad watch this show (both versions) together, & holy shit on the things ppl bring & ask for on this show

some of these numbers are outrages

Spoon 09-11-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8528024)
i don't really prefer either show because i was expecting to see great ideas or risky ideas with these "dragons" taking a risk on investing in these companies

You're welcome to donate your money to bad ideas. :concentrate:

Quote:

I just noticed Kevin O' Leary isn't on the Lang and O' Leary exchange anymore :(

He went back to BNN.

Ludepower 09-11-2014 10:02 PM

Shark Tank > Dragons Den

I hate it when Dragon Den has an absurdly terrible pitch.
I remember an old lady asking for morney to build a stadium built out of straw to hold indoor motor races.
What a waste of everyones time.

PiuYi 09-11-2014 10:17 PM

Werd, stopped watching DD a while ago... Too many shitty pitches, waste of time and cringe-worthy

Timpo 09-11-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Dragons Den wasn't their idea, it originally aired on the BBC in the UK; it's just a Canadian version of a British series.

I've been watching a lot more shark tank these days opposed to dragons den anyways. I'm sure they have a much better deal with shark tank. I just noticed Kevin O' Leary isn't on the Lang and O' Leary exchange anymore :(

It's originally a Japanese show.

Tiger of Money (Japan)
Shark Tank (USA)
Dragons Den (UK, Canada)

Ronin 09-11-2014 11:03 PM

I find Shark Tank too "American". For some reason American's can't watch TV without there being human interest. Like everyone has to have a sob story or something. I find that all incredibly annoying and it definitely affects certain Sharks on the show.

That's why I'm a big fan of Kevin O'Leary. He tells it like it is and the only thing that matters is the money. Take the emotion out of the equation and all that's left is business. Learn a lot about investment and making money just from his philosophy on the show. Hey, he's the only one on the panel that's made a billion dollar deal. A $4 billion dollar deal, actually.

Problem is...no one wants to work for him because they see him as an asshole.

Manic! 09-11-2014 11:42 PM

Kevin and Robert always get shafted on Shark Tank.

StylinRed 09-12-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 8528035)
You're welcome to donate your money to bad ideas. :concentrate:

not bad ideas just risky ones or ones that wont see returns for a few years

after all if you're a "dragon" as they like to pretend to be then taking some risks shouldn't be a concern especially with the dollar amount these guys are asking for being so low

my cousin and i are hoping for a Sheikhs Den where we can see some real wealthy people throw money at ideas instead of trying to takeover ideas with loans like these dragons do "i'll give you $100k....for 51% of your company and I want all profits to go to repaying me for the $100k"

punkwax 09-12-2014 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8528081)
I find Shark Tank too "American". For some reason American's can't watch TV without there being human interest. Like everyone has to have a sob story or something. I find that all incredibly annoying and it definitely affects certain Sharks on the show.

That's why I'm a big fan of Kevin O'Leary. He tells it like it is and the only thing that matters is the money. Take the emotion out of the equation and all that's left is business. Learn a lot about investment and making money just from his philosophy on the show. Hey, he's the only one on the panel that's made a billion dollar deal. A $4 billion dollar deal, actually.

Problem is...no one wants to work for him because they see him as an asshole.

No, his problem is he has the same offer every time and everyone sees through it.

"Keep your equity, how about I give you a LOAN and take a 10% royalty until I get my money back then it goes down to 5% in perpetuity."

Must have worked a couple times and he's raking it in, but most times he's overly greedy and not trying to be a valuable partner. Just trying to bend over naive entrepreneurs.

That said, he is a funny guy and will be missed on the show.

tiger_handheld 09-12-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8528024)

instead we see these "dragons" or "sharks" not take risks and only move in on "sure things" and they don't invest they basically takeover these companies

and a lot of these businessmen aren't bringing ideas they're simply selling non-unique products from china

you rarely get a good show, even the bbc one is lame :/

Here is an investment that meets your objectives:
- risky
- "not a sure thing"
- is looking for a partner
- unique product (some would argue)

PM HondaCRZy for more info
Project: KungShoes.com
Info: http://www.revscene.net/forums/69686...es-com-me.html

parm104 09-12-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludepower (Post 8528050)
Shark Tank > Dragons Den

I hate it when Dragon Den has an absurdly terrible pitch.
I remember an old lady asking for morney to build a stadium built out of straw to hold indoor motor races.
What a waste of everyones time.

That's the BEST part of Dragon's Den. They actually show stupid pitches for entertainment. I always watch Dragon's Den fail videos on YouTube.