REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Jurrasic World (https://www.revscene.net/forums/698402-jurrasic-world.html)

Tegra_Devil 09-25-2014 10:21 AM

Jurrasic World

You know what this tweet from the director could mean....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByKIcgzCIAEnEAg.jpg

http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyM...yne-knight.jpg

'Jurassic World' Director Tweets Potential Huge Plot Hint

SkinnyPupp 09-25-2014 10:23 AM

I want to be excited for this.. I really do. But there's a good chance it'll be horrible

Edit: This is the director's first big movie, so that improves my expectations a bit

Tegra_Devil 09-25-2014 01:05 PM

I think they know how much the last 2 flopped.

I think they are gonna step this one up.....plus the fact that anything chris pratt touches lately has been gold(i can only hope)

dlo 09-25-2014 01:12 PM

regardless if its good or not, i think the jurassic park series have a nostalgic feeling to it lol, i love seeing dinosaurs ripping peoples heads off and fighting each other, t rex vs spineasaurus was prob the coolest thing ive seen as a kid :lol

Wongtouski 09-25-2014 06:07 PM

I am excited for this. Just feels right. But then it could turn out like Terminator Salvation....

ae101 09-25-2014 09:57 PM

i bet its gonna be in 3d as well, since its pretty popular these days

twitchyzero 09-25-2014 10:03 PM

/thread

Gumby 09-26-2014 09:32 AM

OMG I didn't remember that SL Jackson was in the original Jurassic Park!!

ScizzMoney 09-26-2014 10:51 AM

If only Michael Bay was directing it
:whistle:

StylinRed 09-27-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wongtouski (Post 8534399)
I am excited for this. Just feels right. But then it could turn out like Terminator Salvation....

i liked Salvation...:blush: finally a movie that showed the future not even the next sequels are going to do that they're just going to reboot it all :/

Tegra_Devil 11-24-2014 01:05 PM

trailer of the trailer lol

SkinnyPupp 11-24-2014 06:17 PM

Trying so hard to not get too hyped for this... It's difficult!

jonwon 11-24-2014 11:08 PM

hopefully we get aquatic dinos

shawnly1000 11-25-2014 08:35 AM

sonick 11-25-2014 08:53 AM

lol Chris Pratt can control Velociraptors now?

Nostalgia-wise I am excited, but the premise of them genetically creating a super-dinosaur seems kind of lame. Kinda like Deep Blue Sea.

twitchyzero 11-25-2014 08:59 AM

not feeling it
they did get the 90's cheese right doe and the last scene was pretty bad ass

murd0c 11-25-2014 09:05 AM

I'm not sure but it kinda gave me the feeling of the original a bit. I'm going to watch it not trying to compare and just hopefully enjoy it for what it is

Expresso 11-25-2014 09:53 AM

You would think after how many failed parks, they would just forget it.

Reminds me of the Jurassic Park Builder game on the App store.

highfive 11-25-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HachiSix (Post 8560641)
You would think after how many failed parks, they would just forget it.

Reminds me of the Jurassic Park Builder game on the App store.

hahaha I thought of that when i saw the automated spheres so if the jeep idea didn't work? this would too? haha

But it looks good!

mikemhg 11-25-2014 01:21 PM

Booooo not feeling it. I hate how films have moved away from animaltronics. The original film was so scary because of all the lifesize dinosaurs they created, now all these films use CG, and it just doesn't look real, it's too fake.

Very disapointed.

Traum 11-25-2014 01:45 PM

I wasn't gonna let myself have any presumptions or expectations about the movie until I can at least see the trailer. And now that I have, I have some very mixed feelings about it.

On one hand, the trailer seems to suggest that the movie is entirely a complete re-hash of the original Jurassic Park. You send some regular Joe to a dinosaur theme park, the scientists re-create the dinos from some extinct DNA, some of the dinosaur(s) turn out to be deadly, chaos ensues as everyone tries to get the fxxk out of the park. The previous movies in the series were following the similar man-vs-dino theme as well, but this one is just a blatant ripoff of the original in almost every sense of the plot. On that front, everything is predictable and in fact has already been seen before. When I look at the movie that way, it will be boring as fxxk.

On the other hand, watching this movie will literally be like a trip down the memory lane again. I watched the original movie as a dumba$$ teenager, and was completely left in awe. As a dumba$$ teen, I obviously thought the animatronics were awesome, but when I watched the movie again as an adult, there were obvious flaws to those. From the trailer, it doesn't seem to me that the CG dinosaurs were too fake, and I can still easily fool myself into thinking everything was real.

Gonna be looking forward to seeing this one on the big screen. I hope it won't disappoint.

sonick 11-25-2014 01:57 PM

Many of the dinosaur scenes in the original were CGI as well (20 year old CGI at that!) including the first Brachiosaurus sighting, the Gallamimus stampede, the T-Rex chase, just off the top of my head from my childhood obsession with the movie.

It's kind of odd to suggest the CGI here is any less realistic than the CGI from 20 years ago, although the original cleverly used a mix of animatronic and CGI and dino-suits in scenes suitable to each method.

SkinnyPupp 11-25-2014 04:57 PM

This is exactly what I hate in modern movies. EVERYTHING is CG. If I want to watch a cartoon, I'll watch Pixar or Disney.

SkinnyPupp 11-25-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 8560775)
Many of the dinosaur scenes in the original were CGI as well (20 year old CGI at that!) including the first Brachiosaurus sighting, the Gallamimus stampede, the T-Rex chase, just off the top of my head from my childhood obsession with the movie.

It's kind of odd to suggest the CGI here is any less realistic than the CGI from 20 years ago, although the original cleverly used a mix of animatronic and CGI and dino-suits in scenes suitable to each method.

At the time, those scenes were breathtaking because no-one had ever done it before to such effect. Now when you watch the movie, they look cheesy and dated. And now every other big movie has replaced everything with CG, and 99% of the time it still looks cheesy and fake. Especially when they try to animate humans.

rsx 11-25-2014 05:40 PM

the CG looks pretty bad =( The Dinosaur 'documentaries' on bbc/discovery look better.