REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #251
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Honestly don't see the resemblance.
Advertisement
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #252
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Also a lot of the anti-occupy people really are locals who are annoyed by the protests. Not all are triads or mainlanders, or even pro-establishment. Now you can argue that these people are ignorant or stupid, but the truth is the occupy movement is starting to lose support from the public.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #253
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
what do people expect? The cops are not arresting the Triads but they are also not arresting the protesters who are also breaking the law. Democracy takes a lot of blood sweat and tears. Canada has been very lucky but in most other countries people died for there freedom.

Gandhi and Mandela both wanted democracy but only one really made it happen.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #254
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I feel for the students but once you start messing the public's meal ticket, you will lose their support.

rightly or wrongly, that's how it is in HK.
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:26 AM   #255
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I think after what happened last night in MK, the students gained a lot more support. People who were originally on the fence are now clearly leaning towards supporting or at least protecting the students from future occurrences. The blue side (whoever they are) can try their best to attack again but I guarantee that they won't just be facing the cute non-violent protesters anymore.

Check out Admiralty/Central right now. Packed.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:22 AM   #256
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
murica needs to drop some freedom in HK
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #257
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzoomzoom View Post
I feel for the students but once you start messing the public's meal ticket, you will lose their support.

rightly or wrongly, that's how it is in HK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #258
Banned (ABWS)

Rofl, what a loser. Pretending that he has a 10 year old (he's probably not even 30), pretends to faint and then gets up when police comes. When the protesters surround him, he pretends to faint again.
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #259
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,486 Times in 1,686 Posts
+1. That idiot in the purple shirt is such a drama queen.

-latest live broadcast:

Old 10-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #260
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
He's still got a point though. I can sympathize with the protestors if they are protesting in a park or maybe even around rotating walks around streets. But to flat out and block a busy public street and disturbing public transportation systems, I cant support.

A lot of these protestors are so unorganized. They just think blocking everything and causing a headache for Hong Kong in general is going cause enough headache for the government to listen to them. When in the end its the normal working class citizens that have to suffer.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #261
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

MongKok protest is a mess.
I am waiting for those who called themselves Leader say,' MongKok protest is not part of us in Admiralty/Central'
Old 10-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #262
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Any live streams of mongkok?
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #263
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
He's still got a point though. I can sympathize with the protestors if they are protesting in a park or maybe even around rotating walks around streets. But to flat out and block a busy public street and disturbing public transportation systems, I cant support.

A lot of these protestors are so unorganized. They just think blocking everything and causing a headache for Hong Kong in general is going cause enough headache for the government to listen to them. When in the end its the normal working class citizens that have to suffer.
Part of me agrees, abut another part thinks that if they are demonstrating in a park legally, they can simply be ignored. This forces the government's hand one way or another.

The side effect of course, is lower public support
Old 10-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #265
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
It's now Monday 6am
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #266
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Some of the protesters want to cause disturbances and disrupting as much as possible because that's their leverage on getting the government to negotiate. The government is not going to do anything if protesters just protest peacefully, cause they have nothing to lose. They'll just let you protest all day long and they suffer no losses for it. This was why the teachers go on strike, to force the government to deal. Riots and blockages do the same action. Full out civil war would be at the extreme end to force change. It's a gamble they take, but it's only effective if you have a majority of the public support. Otherwise, you'll be seen as an extremist.
bomiheko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #267
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomiheko View Post
Some of the protesters want to cause disturbances and disrupting as much as possible because that's their leverage on getting the government to negotiate.
Too bad right now it seems like the China government don't give a damn and will just wait it out till the protesters run out of money and go back to work, much like the striking workers at the Richmond Ikea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #268
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
I foresee Hongers will begin to move back to Vancouver.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #269
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
I foresee Hongers will begin to move back to Vancouver.
it's already happening, now we'll just have to see if they come in masses.
lady_mapetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #270
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_mapetite View Post
it's already happening, now we'll just have to see if they come in masses.
+1 my aunt already moved her whole family back during summer. She made enough money for them to live off. 3 apartments in HK, sold 2 of them and left one to be rented out.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #271
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Too bad right now it seems like the China government don't give a damn and will just wait it out till the protesters run out of money and go back to work, much like the striking workers at the Richmond Ikea.
The Chinese government will not back down, just look at how they deal with the Tibetans and Uyghurs.

All the Pro-democracy demonstrators can do is raise awareness, at the end of the day, other foreign countries will not get their hands in this mess, and the Chinese government won't give a damn.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #272
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
they're gonna move back to Vancouver and be shocked at the increasing presence of Mainlanders compared to the 90's

move away just to join more Mainlanders, they're now in every major Western city, no escape
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:10 PM   #273
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
they're gonna move back to Vancouver and be shocked at the increasing presence of Mainlanders compared to the 90's

move away just to join more Mainlanders, they're now in every major Western city, no escape
No one can escape the clutches of mainlanders.

They are everywhere, they are nowhere.

They are,

Fobs.

Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #274
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^
fetched is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2014, 10:35 PM   #275

So far almost all of the negative press against occupy seems to have been instigated by the government and media...

-One protester worked with police to move the protest away from an area. He was confirmed to be a police officer himself

-A guy claiming to be a father threatened to jump off a bridge all day yesterday, unless the protests ended. He was confirmed to be a stuntman/actor

-TVB interviewed a government worker who complained that he couldn't go to work for a week, since the protest was blocking his path. He was confirmed to be a TVB extra/actor (other government workers interviewed have said that they could have been going to work the entire time, since occupiers always let them through)

-Of course we know that most of the anti-occupy protesters (but not all) have been hired by someone (some say the government themselves, my assumption is that it's the oligarchs running luxury stores and other triad run stores in MK)

-Additionally, a lot of "pro government" supporters are senior citizens who are taking part in exchange for payment. This is in addition to the thugs starting fights and destroying occupiers' equipment and tents

-I'm sure there are many more. I only posted the confirmed one (there are quite a few more suspected paid shills/actors.

-The most ridiculous case was a newspaper in china claiming a housekeeper lost her life because of occupy. There was an accident where a wardrobe fell on her and killed her. They claimed that if it wasn't for occupy, she would have been taking kids to school instead, and the accident wouldn't have killed her. logic

China is SO FUCKING BAD at spreading misinformation.. They simply don't realize that people they're trying to misinform aren't a bunch of uninformed zombies who have no access to information other than what they're force fed.
This post thanked by: