REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:43 PM   #376
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Following various news source from the HK media, it fxxking boils me up that the vast majority of them -- including CCTVB and Ming Pao -- are trying very hard to portray an inaccurate picture of the timeline for the Mong Kong clashes. They don't come right out and lie about the actual times when stuff occurs, but any of their non-live reporting are trying everything they can to spin the story in the direction that it was the rioters that started throwing stuff and clashing against the police first, thus forcing the police to retaliate by cracking down on the violence.

More importantly, while protesters have certainly engaged in a fair share of violent activities, hardly any of the non-live reporting has focused on how the police have engaged in massive amounts of excessive / inappropriate use of violence as well.
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:51 PM   #377
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
citizens are happy to enjoy a little delicious local street food as well.
Might have been my fault. I ate all the stinky tofu and it was yummy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:38 PM   #378
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Following various news source from the HK media, it fxxking boils me up that the vast majority of them -- including CCTVB and Ming Pao -- are trying very hard to portray an inaccurate picture of the timeline for the Mong Kong clashes. They don't come right out and lie about the actual times when stuff occurs, but any of their non-live reporting are trying everything they can to spin the story in the direction that it was the rioters that started throwing stuff and clashing against the police first, thus forcing the police to retaliate by cracking down on the violence.

More importantly, while protesters have certainly engaged in a fair share of violent activities, hardly any of the non-live reporting has focused on how the police have engaged in massive amounts of excessive / inappropriate use of violence as well.
The coverage is sad, and the interpretation of it to the west becomes even worse. Of course the first thing brought up are these dangerous, sketchy sounding "illegal food vendors".

But yeah, these makeshift bazaar areas are a part of HK tradition, and really a part of history throughout all of civilization.

I happen to have some pics of one on my instagram, as I came across it completely on accident and thought it was cool that an area that is usually for commuting was turned into a fairground. People were happy to shop and try the food, and this all happened without regulation or intervention at all

These "illegal food vendors" or neither dangerous nor an inconvenience. I don't know why they suddenly decided to crack down on them. People count on them. Not everything has to be a chain restaurant owned by a rich mainland tycoon.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #379
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
you do know that not all street vendors are illegal and that they're always getting checked on right? its a running gag in tvshows even (with the illegal ones running for their lives), its just that they normally leave them alone on new years eve and are never violent (none of your pics are showing for me :/)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:11 PM   #380
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
y its just that they normally leave them alone on new years eve and are never violent
That's the point
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #381
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
Not sure if traffic cop was dumb or trying to be brave. You were getting pwnd L4D style, I think its time to retreat and call back up. Not stand there and pick a fight.
Background on why they got owned L4D style.
1. It has been long history illegal food vendors coming out 1st day of CNY, police and food inspectors tried to be blind on this
2. Traffic cops were there to deal with a pedestrian accident around 12am, trouble makers alleged they come here to arrest the food vendors.
3. The starting group called for help on FB saying the police was acting up and they need to defend the tradition.
4. Then it's pretty much L4D style afterward.

Keep that in mind, the cop in the video has gun and even he was being attacked, he could have shot those motherfuckers
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #382
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Is really hard to say who is in the wrong exactly in MK. I feel both sides are at fault at this. Why can't HK do what something like a night market where they setup a location for all food vendors to be and let everyone enjoy the tradition. And also why can't the ppl show a little respect? The police are there to do a job and that is to make sure everyone is safe. Being physical and trying push the police isn't going to help either.

I know there are lot's of issue happening in HK right now and ppl are really unhappy with the gov. Especially ppl around 20 to 30. They feel the gov isn't doing enough to help them, the tradition is being change, the gov is forcing them to change, with no freedom, Mainland Chinese coming to HK and taking all the benfits, not following rules, housing price are too high and they see no way out.

But weather they like it or not HK will change. It started already. The gov is slowing changing the education system, a ton of rich giants company are buying up media station, newspaper and radio stations so slowly we will hear less and less bad things about the gov of HK/China. Soon ppl in HK might not even be able to access FB, goggle service and everything is censored first *just like in China*. Even some of the movie studios in the west are being bought up by Chinese business owner. I think the 2nd biggest theaters in the states are bought by a Chinese business owner.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:20 AM   #383
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
^
did u know that there is a real estate company called "ling hui" (not sure how to spell it and dont know the English name for it"

they just recently had problems with the local wet market, as they just acquired and they hick the rent price

ppl started to protest

if u give them a place to do this, its gonna end up in some evil real estate hands and there just gonna end up jacking rent prices, sucking money out of the vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote