REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:28 AM   #76
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
I notice that with a lot of folks from other countries that are chinese descedants. E.g. Chinese descendants that are Taiwanese, HK Nationals. Filipinos, Indonesians etc.

Just hate and don't want to be associated with Mainland Chinese.

It is their culture and value that do not work quite well in our society, that's all.
I do not believe those who can move to Canada still poop in the public.
Advertisement
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:57 AM   #77
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
It is their culture and value that do not work quite well in our society, that's all.
well u better believe it, the place i work at, these wealthy chinamen walk arnd indoors holding a cigarette puffing away, spitting their phlem on the carpet, cough with mouths wide open spraying other ppl in the face, generally a rude motherfucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:02 AM   #78
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
^
where do u work lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:59 AM   #79
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts

I think this will become the de facto theme song for the movement

Lyrics:

Quote:
Today, I see the swirl of snowflakes in a cold night
I (too) swirl afar with a chilled heart
I give chase braving wind and rain
Unable to make out the shadowy trace in the mist
There’s a boundless sky and sea
Would you and I change?
(Who are not changing?!)

Many times, I face up to cold shoulder and ridicule
Never have I given up the ideal inside my mind
In a fleeting trance
I feel as if something are missing
In an unconscious way
Love has faded from my heart
(Who understands me?!)

Forgive me, I’ve been an unruly, untamed freedom-lover all my life
I too fear I might fall down someday
Abandoning the ideal -- everyone might do it
Don’t worry that only you and I might someday

Still carefree and self-reliant
Forever singing aloud my own song
Going everywhere
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:49 AM   #80
My homepage has been set to RS

pretty fucked, you can't go anywhere living in the island side
all you got is MTR and taxis and minibuses
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #81
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

We have democracy, noone gives a fuck and we get like a 30% or sth voter turnout. The govt just does whatever they want over here

HK is fighting so strongly for democracy and look at how many people participate, and show the govt that they wont stand for this shit.
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #82
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
Meanwhile in Richmond… (PHOTO)
Mainland Chinese boy urinates in Richmond Centre garbage can

This happen just last year and the parent who allow their kid to pee where yelling at people who were trying to tell them the washroom is only a feet away and peeing in public is not allow.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #83
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
I don't know why we as a nation are associating ourselves with a Chinese government that prides itself in mass censorship, economics aside, this is sickening behaviour.

I can see why so many rich mainlanders are choosing to move to Canada, I can't imagine how shitty the quality of life is back home. Screw Russia, place the sanctions on China, aimed at the high ranking officials, and see how fast they start to change their attitude.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2014, 08:14 AM   #84
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post
We have democracy, noone gives a fuck and we get like a 30% or sth voter turnout. The govt just does whatever they want over here

HK is fighting so strongly for democracy and look at how many people participate, and show the govt that they wont stand for this shit.
It's all in vein. In my view, these protests are not really about democracy inasmuch as they're about a stand against a rapid erosion of HK identity and culture. HK was fine when it was run from afar by the Brits. Hongers are not Chinese, at least not in the Beijing sense.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:17 AM   #85
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
I don't know why we as a nation are associating ourselves with a Chinese government that prides itself in mass censorship, economics aside, this is sickening behaviour.

I can see why so many rich mainlanders are choosing to move to Canada, I can't imagine how shitty the quality of life is back home. Screw Russia, place the sanctions on China, aimed at the high ranking officials, and see how fast they start to change their attitude.
Even Stephen Harper realized the folly of harping against China. Money talks and makes the world go round. Face it - your job is in someway connected to the growth of China.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #86
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Even Stephen Harper realized the folly of harping against China. Money talks and makes the world go round. Face it - your job is in someway connected to the growth of China.

Fuck Harper, he sold us out, he's as Canadian as the dickheads in China that are refusing to allow freedom of press. I've met some great people from China in my lifetime, but I refuse to acknowledge that we are even cooperating with their government.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 09-29-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #87
Resident Bullshitter

newest update is that in MK and Yuen Long a lot of triad members are beginning to provoke the cops. looting has also begun in MK.
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #88
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
newest update is that in MK and Yuen Long a lot of triad members are beginning to provoke the cops. looting has also begun in MK.
that rumor is bullshit
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #89
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
It's all in vein. In my view, these protests are not really about democracy inasmuch as they're about a stand against a rapid erosion of HK identity and culture. HK was fine when it was run from afar by the Brits. Hongers are not Chinese, at least not in the Beijing sense.
LOL Brits are good politics. Look at HK before 1997 there are no elections yet the people in HK are fine with it. It wasn't until 1997 when the Brits start allowing the people in HK to have more power in their voting rights and show HK they can vote their own leader. Basically the Brits leave this mess for China to handle lol. Also there were much less issue in HK before 1997. Right after 1997 lot's if issue starts to surface (IE the housing marketing crash, Stock market crash, SARS, issue with the chickens and pigs, housing issues). And they try to push rule 23 to people in HK which push people to the edge.

The last few leader in HK have proven they are unable to handle tough situations or rather unable to runt he gov as smooth as the Brits did. Also they are very short sighted least guy (before CY) complete stop the building of affordable housing for a few years which leads HK housing market in a all time high now and people not able to afford an apartment. The fact that the HK gov have millions and millions of surplus every year yet they provide little to help it citizens doesn't help either.

Now don't blame the leaders in HK though, you have to know that they are just a puppet for the gov in China and really it is China who makes all the final decisions. So if the gov in China say no, there is nothing anyone can do.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-29-2014, 09:12 AM   #90
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
that rumor is bullshit
are you even in Hk right now?
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #91
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
are you even in Hk right now?
no
hahah

looks like shit may go down soon

Police moving on Lockhart
Old 09-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #92
Need my Daily Fix of RS

call me selfish but i hope everything works out in HK because if shit gets worst the real estate bubble won't burst and will probably go up...

people will be migrating here and those that left will be coming back

i really don't get why a lot of people that grew up here decided to go back to hk after university... sure it'll be easier for you to get a job there with your canadian degree but dollar wise you'd probably make more money here with the same job title
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2014, 09:53 AM   #93
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123654123 View Post
call me selfish but i hope everything works out in HK because if shit gets worst the real estate bubble won't burst and will probably go up...

people will be migrating here and those that left will be coming back

i really don't get why a lot of people that grew up here decided to go back to hk after university... sure it'll be easier for you to get a job there with your canadian degree but dollar wise you'd probably make more money here with the same job title
because of potential opportunities

simple as that
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
because of potential opportunities

simple as that
exactly but to make it to the top only likes 1% or less can do it.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #95

Quote:
It's a bullshit rumor to get people to leave

Though eventually they will resort to inserting provocators into the crowd in order to escalate to violence. This happens all the time when peaceful protests last too long.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #96
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's a bullshit rumor to get people to leave

Though eventually they will resort to inserting provocators into the crowd in order to escalate to violence. This happens all the time when peaceful protests last too long.
BS rumour from RS's resident bullshitter. I am not surprised!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #97

Someone drove their car through the crowd in MK.. Nobody was hurt though. No idea what gave him the idea to do that.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #98

^^ most likely piss of that he was block and can't get to where he wants to go on time? Or maybe it was CY trying to kill off the protest.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #99
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123654123 View Post
Before taxes, maybe. After taxes?
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #100
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
^BENEFITS

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote