REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:52 PM   #51
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,292 Times in 2,507 Posts
Just read the election profiles written by the Vancouver Sun:

Kirk LaPointe:
Profile: Kirk LaPointe, ethical pit bull not afraid of risk

Gregor Robertson:
Profile: Gregor Robertson's toughest race so far

and the blatant bias is just sickening. Given his close media ties (including being the former boss at Vancouver Sun), the articles were so openly supportive of LaPointe and unnecessarily harsh on Robertson that I almost wanted to stop read before I was half way through. Of course, I know the Vancouver Sun has never been an unbiased newspaper, but this one is just gross.
Advertisement
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #52
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 01-23-2015 at 01:00 PM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2014, 06:23 AM   #53
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
according to the sun there is only a 4 point difference in the polls between LaPointe and Robertson. With the margin of error it's basically a toss up.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:37 AM   #54
I am grateful grapefruit

Voted this morning at City Hall because I'm out of town on election day. Pretty painless, was in and out within a few minutes. Interesting they use giant scantrons for their ballots.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #55
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
Whoever is willing to ship the homeless out of one of the most expensive cities in the world gets my vote

Hope, Yukon, NWT, anywhere but glamorous Vancouver

If they really want to fight homelessness, they need to put money back into mental health. Building all these homes is just a small part of the problem. When others see our city stepping up to give free housing, homeless people from other cities start migrating down here too.
If our government would focus on mental health issues and get to the underlying cause of a lot of homelessness issues instead of just a band aid approach then that's the one I will give my vote to
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
If they really want to fight homelessness, they need to put money back into mental health. Building all these homes is just a small part of the problem. When others see our city stepping up to give free housing, homeless people from other cities start migrating down here too.
If our government would focus on mental health issues and get to the underlying cause of a lot of homelessness issues instead of just a band aid approach then that's the one I will give my vote to
I agree that a good portion of Metro Vancouver's homelessness problem is caused by a lack of proper mental health support. But that particular aspect should lie in the provincial government's hands, not at the municipal level. There is really only so much the municipalities can do to mitigate the problem.

It really all goes back to Crusty Cunt and her shxtty provincial mental health policies and support. And again, I have to ask -- who voted for the Liberals at the last provincial election?
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #57
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
It really all goes back to Crusty Cunt and her shxtty provincial mental health policies and support. And again, I have to ask -- who voted for the Liberals at the last provincial election?
You keep bringing this up in almost every political thread, guess you're still bitter from the election, well I did and apparently the large majority of voters as well.

Even in my social circle and people I know, I would say approx. > 90% of them did as well. Personally the economy, job creation & corporate taxation/incentives were my priorities and I hated the NDP platform on increased social spending/debt, softer stance on the teachers union and increasing taxation on banks and corporations. I've always voted BC Liberals and personally for me, I've done well and been happy when they are in power. Not the biggest fan of Clark as the party leader however, I thought there were better alternatives.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #58
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
hasn't mental health policy issues in bc been around for a while, i.e. pre-clark era?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #59

I wouldn't say I am still bitter from the provincial election -- it is what it is, and we have to deal with the Liberals for the next several years. I just bring the topic up whenever because the issue being discussed (addressing the lack of mental health support, which should in turn reduce the municipalities' homelessness problem) falls into the provincial government's responsibilities.

For myself, I know where I stand on the political spectrum. But more importantly, I find that changes in government are necessary because if any one particular governing party stays in power for too long, society as a whole tends to suffer as preferential treatment is only given to a selected group. In BC's case, the Liberals have been in power for too long, and the balance really needs to be tipped back the other way.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #60
I subscribe to Revscene

From the "Plan Your Vote" website made by the City:

AUBICHON Meynard, Stop Party

"meynard aubichon mayor of van 3rd time got a record for pot er hooking well get u a pot shop n hooks shop . tuition capd at 2500$ . all libraries open 8-8 . two term limits. I have a criminalology certificate and seven polisci courses under my belt I'm the best street fighter nativeed Douglas langara colleges papers I do open mics all over van I rock the mix soundcloud tracks spotme hashbg meem Ill be Canada's 1st metis Prime Minister I've lived a good life in Canada and refuse to watch Asian immigrants buy our lives well raise property taxes on Chinese 5% our stop party mayor and van east PM is to blow up ISIS and take our country now prefer email and texts were running for families who pay most taxes n stay here mayor meynard & stop mayor meynard"

Best in street fighter, apparently. this guy has my vote.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2014, 08:44 AM   #61
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
It seems Vancouver doesn't have much choice. I am guessing moonbean will win again.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
It seems Vancouver doesn't have much choice. I am guessing moonbean will win again.
It is true that Vancouver doesn't have much choice, but according to all mainstream media accounts, the race between Bike Boy and Newspaper Boss is going to be really tight. I think Bike Boy will still edge out a tight victory, but only just.

So for those living in Vancouver, please remember that your vote is important. It could really decide who gets the throne seat at City Hall. Please make an informed decision and come out to vote.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #63
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Already advance voted.

I really don't like LaPointe's policies. Really backwards-thinking. Aggravating, actually. Sounds like a reasonably smart man but it's not the direction I want Vancouver to take. This isn't some cookie cutter American midwest city that a guy with a B minus average in his Bachelor's of planning degree just draws up. That's where he'd fit.

I think Wong is really well-intentioned (well, they all are, but she's got this optimistic 'I really want to make the city better' sort of charm going for her). I just don't think she's really ready to take on the job yet. Maybe next time with a little more education and experience if COPE is still around. She should've taken a stab at councilor (Some of the councilors actually look like better candidates than the major mayoral ones).

Which left me with Bike boy. And me waiting another 3 years for a better round of opponents to pop up as an alternative choice.

The next interesting story is how Carr according to polling numbers is the most popular councilor when last election she snuck in by 90 votes. Be sure to fill in your votes for councilor, parks and school trustees... some people seem to just ignore those. Vision almost swept these categories in 2011. And flip the page too, a bunch of yes/no questions to huge expenditures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
It is true that Vancouver doesn't have much choice, but according to all mainstream media accounts, the race between Bike Boy and Newspaper Boss is going to be really tight. I think Bike Boy will still edge out a tight victory, but only just.

So for those living in Vancouver, please remember that your vote is important. It could really decide who gets the throne seat at City Hall. Please make an informed decision and come out to vote.
If nothing else, this. Go out and use our democratic system, flawed or not.
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #64
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Old 11-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #65
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Just remember guys:

Vision Vancouver = More bike lanes!

Vague or not, NPA gets my vote. Status quo is not my cup of tea.

COPE?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #66
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Just remember guys:

Vision Vancouver = More bike lanes!

Vague or not, NPA gets my vote. Status quo is not my cup of tea.

COPE?

Gluten H. tap-dancing Christ, hold the organic spelt loaf

You DON'T like the bike lanes??? They are incredible, I love them!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #67
RS Veteran

Bike lanes are for the poor and uneducated type.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 11-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #68
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
stop describing yourself dukes

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #69
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
what about this type

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #70
HELP ME PLS!!!

Don't like any of Vision Vancouver's policy's, except the Broadway Subway line, and even with that, it's half-ass. No point of extending only to Arbutus. It needs to be extended all the way to UBC to utilize it's full potential.

I'm voting for Kirk. I hope bikeboy will be out tomorrow.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #71
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
I am voting for NPA. Why? -getting sick of the lack of transparency in terms of business being done at city hall. Robertson's pockets are filled with real estate developers's money.

It's no wonder people cannot voice their opinions about what kind of property development happens in their neighbourhoods.

Vision Vancouver's "vision" of the city is not what people want. It's what developers want in each neighborhood.

How the heck is housing going to be affordable when Moonbeam lets property developers have their way in terms of building condos?

Vancouver city neighbourhood planning | CityPlan | Neighbourhoods for a Sustainable Vancouver

LaPointe's election platform is about reverting the city's neighborhood strategy back to CityPlan.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #72
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Bike Boy have to go.
Vote for Kirk~
Old 11-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #73
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Please go vote 8am - 8pm today
It only took me less than 30mins IN&OUT.

No more bike lane~
Old 11-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #74
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Voted today. I don't know if LaPointe will be any better, but I know Gregor Robertson will not be any better than Gregor Robertson. Hopefully there is going to be a positive change for the 98% between the cities homeless and the ultra rich.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #75
RS Veteran

No more bike lanes!

I was in and out within 10 minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141115_165731.jpg (51.1 KB, 0 views)