REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Car got backed into, should I go through insurance?

My mom backed into my car this morning and the estimate for my car is $1500 to fix. Her car estimate is around the same.

She has a perfect driving record(roadstar) and if I go through insurance, will her insurance rates go up?
Advertisement
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

You can bring to ICBC and inspect it. If it's classified as hit and run, then it will get repaired on their dime. If they choose not to cover, it can fall under the comprehensive coverage, where you are paying for the deductible (monthly insurance rates will rise).

If she has a clean record for a long time, I think her rates will increase to 50-100 more annually and decrease gradually for the next several years.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
Since she has a perfect record, her insurance will only go up by around 100 each year for 3 years. However, if she were to have another at-fault accident within the 3 years, then she will lose a good chunk of her discount, possibly even having to start from 0% again.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #4
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
You can bring to ICBC and inspect it. If it's classified as hit and run, then it will get repaired on their dime. If they choose not to cover, it can fall under the comprehensive coverage, where you are paying for the deductible (monthly insurance rates will rise).

If she has a clean record for a long time, I think her rates will increase to 50-100 more annually and decrease gradually for the next several years.
LOL, no. If it's claimed as a hit and run (which would be fraud but anyways...), he'd still have to pay the deductible but his rates wouldn't go up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
Since she has a perfect record, her insurance will only go up by around 100 each year for 3 years. However, if she were to have another at-fault accident within the 3 years, then she will lose a good chunk of her discount, possibly even having to start from 0% again.
You guys need to forget about the whole "Roadstar" title and take note of the Claim Rated Scale.
http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/costs/Documents/crs.pdf

Dboy, look at your mom's insurance and find out what level she is on the CRS and then do the math on whether it's worth it to claim and drop a few levels (higher premium) vs. paying $3k out of pocket. If she's at -13 or better, just claim it.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post

Depends how much information you have and if you can have a witness vouch for you.

Case #1: I saw a Mercedes hit a Corolla at the Aberdeen parking lot before taking off. I took down the license plate and left a note on the victim's car. ICBC and the RCMP got in touch with me and the victim didn't have to pay a dime to get her car fixed.

Case #2: My car was parked at Metrotown and a truck hit it. Despite having a witness, he was not able to get a good look at the license plate. I had to pay a deductible to get my car fixed.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Your mom hit your car. It's not a hit and run, well unless she drove away and didn't tell you

Look at the chart. If you mom has 12+ years of accident free driving. Nothing will change. Trust me I know. I just scratched my moms bumper yesterday. Son of a F^&*.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:40 AM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Either she gives you cash for it and don't go through ICBC or call ICBC and make the claim....why is this hard?

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote