REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   so my stolen wheels have kinda been found.. need help (https://www.revscene.net/forums/698606-so-my-stolen-wheels-have-kinda-been-found-need-help.html)

snails 10-03-2014 07:55 PM

so my stolen wheels have kinda been found.. need help

so today i was messaged by a friend that said my wheels have been found.. unfortunately his friend bought them a month ago from some skid in surrey. understandably he told me he dosnt wanna involve his friend in this as apparently his friend didnt know they were stolen but i find that unlikely as everyone knew how rare the wheels were that were stolen

im not close friends with the guy who told me so i get him trying to protect his friend. not really sure what i should do.

i was send a picture of the wheel and confirmed the wheels were mind based on some info given.

thoughts?

320icar 10-03-2014 08:21 PM

There are a lot of cars stolen in BC every day. The odds of him knowingly buying stolen goods is low.

Do you have 100% proof they are yours? Like DOT numbers off of tires etc. if not, then I dunno

snails 10-03-2014 08:27 PM

There are a handful of characteristics that I can confirm. The friend that saw them confirmed they were mine without a doubt, plus the wheels are rare enough that there is no doubt at all.

His friend said he didn't think they were mine, he thought mine were 8" wide... Kind of bull. I know it's someone who knows who I am. And just saw the opportunity to get the wheels cheap

Ps as goes for the dot numbers I may have receipts... Unsure

320icar 10-03-2014 08:32 PM

Well, as far as I am concerned what's yours is yours. I'm just not sure what the rules on the legal side of things. If you can prove it, they Should be seized and returned to you, right?

snails 10-03-2014 08:35 PM

Yeah, but I don't actually know the person who has them.. My friend decided his friend paid money for them so they are his... After telling me his friend has my stolen wheels. So he refuses to tell me who has them

fliptuner 10-03-2014 09:09 PM

If he knows they're yours but doesn't want to tell you who bought them, he should've stfu about them. What good does it do to tell you and not help you get them back?

"Hey, guess what? You know your pride and joy that you dumped endless time and money into that was stolen? Yeah, I know where some of the parts are but I can't tell you."
:fulloffuck:

snails 10-03-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8538294)
If he knows they're yours but doesn't want to tell you who bought them, he should've stfu about them. What good does it do to tell you and not help you get them back?

"Hey, guess what? You know your pride and joy that you dumped endless time and money into that was stolen? Yeah, I know where some of the parts are but I can't tell you."
:fulloffuck:

exactly.. thats why im trying to figure out what i should do. i get why hes protecting his friend. but being as im car guy i would stand up for the victim regardless

BoostedBB6 10-03-2014 10:49 PM

Call RCMP, give them your friends number who said his friend bought them.
They will get the info and the guy with the wheels has to return the wheels or face charges of possession of stolen property.

If your "friend" told you about them and knew this, hes clearly not your friend. Fuck him and his buddy, get your shit back!

BoostedBB6 10-03-2014 10:55 PM

(4)works emotion and (4) 949 racing wheel . both 15x7.5

SpeedStars 10-03-2014 10:58 PM

^arent those like euro fitment? (4x100)

ill.stance 10-03-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedStars (Post 8538335)
^arent those like euro fitment? (4x100)

hondas

BoostedBB6 10-03-2014 11:08 PM

Ef is 4x100....949 racing wheels......Chris......can I come cave there heads in?

SumAznGuy 10-04-2014 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 (Post 8538334)

Those wheels belong to a fellow autoXer and I can guarantee you they are not Snail's stolen wheels.

Actually, the owner is also a member of RS.

punkwax 10-04-2014 06:43 AM

If you want the wheels back, offer the guy what he paid for them. Doesn't sound right, but the other guy doesn't want to pay some thief to give you your wheels back.. if you don't want them back, let him have them.

Either way, get info. They must have met up, where, get numbers or email thread, whatever. Find the fuckers.

maxxxboost 10-04-2014 06:52 AM

Don't quote me or anything but try calling the RCMP and give them your friends number. RCMP will act as the middle person and grab the rims from the person and return it back to you. Either way, id be chapped but this will give you some clues to what happened to your car. Good luck.

BoostedBB6 10-04-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxxxboost (Post 8538390)
Don't quote me or anything but try calling the RCMP and give them your friends number. RCMP will act as the middle person and grab the rims from the person and return it back to you. Either way, id be chapped but this will give you some clues to what happened to your car. Good luck.

This is how I got my RH wheels back from the person who "bought them off of craigslist" two weeks before they were even stolen.....hahaha

Impreza 10-04-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 (Post 8538397)
This is how I got my RH wheels back from the person who "bought them off of craigslist" two weeks before they were even stolen.....hahaha

So you wheels were stolen twice or were you in a time machine? You said "two weeks before they were stolen" =P

fliptuner 10-04-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impreza (Post 8538414)
So you wheels were stolen twice or were you in a time machine? You said "two weeks before they were stolen" =P

Person who bought them probably said he bought them a month before or whatever.

murd0c 10-04-2014 08:56 AM

You should really ask the question in the police form rather then asking a bunch of guys that don't know what they are talking about..

BoostedBB6 10-04-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impreza (Post 8538414)

It was the sketched out girlfriend of the guy who took them. I asked her when she got them and she said two weeks ago (they were taken 2 days prior to this).
I confirmed they were mine 110% and then asked her how could that be as they were on my car two days ago.....she said she must have mixed up the dates.

It was clear that it was her bf who took them, even the vehicle that was there matched the description of the one seen taking them.
Its some guys who frequent a shop near my dads place, they will get whats coming to them.

BoostedBB6 10-04-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8538418)
You should really ask the question in the police form rather then asking a bunch of guys that don't know what they are talking about..

Seeing as I have been through this exact thing, I would say I have a fairly firm grasp on how this works. As I outlined, call RCMP, give them number of "friend" and they will get it sorted out.

They did exactly that for me. Called up this chick, told her you have stolen property, we know where you live and if you do not return it you will be charged with theft and possession of stolen property.

meme405 10-04-2014 09:13 AM

I would be trying to find out about the kid in surrey he bought the wheels from... Wherever the wheels came from there will likely be other pieces from your car.

Unless the kid is BSing and he stole your car.

Regardless I think a lot of beat downs need to occur here...

SoNaRWaVe 10-04-2014 10:26 AM

IMHO, i think the less involved you are, the better it is. The more you nag to your friend on giving up the number, and then RCMP goes knocking on their doors, the more likely they know its you.

As posted, I would say just call RCMP and tell them you have a tip of where your wheels are at and give them your friends number and ask to remain anonymous as this is your friend. See what they say and go from there.

Purchasing stolen goods are still stolen goods, they belong to you. By protecting the guy who purchased them is just as good as protecting the people who stole your car.

entrax 10-04-2014 11:09 AM

kind of sketch that your "friend" doesn't even want to ask his buddy to provide information on where the parts came from, any possible information that can help you. i'm sure it's more important to salvage as much as possible from the stolen car from whoever has the car right now instead of trying to pry the wheels out of that guy.

at least you know where the wheels are, you can deal with that either later with rcmp help, etc. important thing right now is the rest of the car.

probably the same thought from all rs members:
we are still hoping for the best for ya snails.

tiger_handheld 10-04-2014 11:32 AM

with friends like that who needs enemies?