REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #101
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I have 3M liability and think it is plenty. I think you also have to compare it to how much you drive and what your risk tolerance is. I mean, yes, it sounds really bad if you hit a bus full of neurosurgeons, but the probability of that is very low.

If you're risk adverse, at least be consistent about it. I know lots of people that pay the extra for $5M coverage or whatever, but they won't pay for disability or life insurance. That could be worth millions to your family if you are in non-auto accident or have a disease.
Advertisement
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #102
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerbeta View Post
I pay for the extra because i would hate to not be paying attention, smash into somebody, and then deal with wage garnish for the next 10 years to pay for it... just easier to pay the monthly fee and be fine.
Sorry, If I understand basic insurance correctly, you are covered for damage you cause to the other person, just not to yourself. You could always buy extra third party for far less than comprehensive and collision.
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #103
I'm invisible

I have 2012 Toyota Sienna XLE with 43% at level -13.

$3 million TPL
$300 comprehensive
$300 collision
Roadstar package
Year 3 replacement cost

I just paid $1850 for the entire year..
Old 10-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #104
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cillu View Post
All these talks about 3rd party liability have got me reconsidering as I'm the only one in this thread to have the basic insurance coverage.

30% discount / 200k 3rd party / 300 comprehensive = 1259.30 before misc fees
I don't have 3rd party coverage as well, don't see the point but that's my opinion. I am a pretty good driver and I have a dashcam as well. I have the same exact same coverage as you with a 30% discount as well, but I drive a 96 integra. It's about 1400 for me.
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #105
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
maybe somone can tell me if this would work, as it was recomended to my GF by a few different people including an insurance agent..

so basically she only got her N recently and within 8 months of having her N she got into a very minor accident [she backed into somone pulling into the spot behind her, chick claimed injuries on an accident that happened under 10km/h but w/e]

so now her premium is +50%

these people said that what she should do if she plans to get a different vehicle is retain the insurance on her current vehicle, then insure the new vehicle at the discount and pay the whole year off in one shot, then when she sells the first vehicle simply cancel the policy and retain the second policy at the discount?
Old 10-14-2014, 07:28 PM   #106
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
I don't have 3rd party coverage as well, don't see the point but that's my opinion. I am a pretty good driver and I have a dashcam as well. I have the same exact same coverage as you with a 30% discount as well, but I drive a 96 integra. It's about 1400 for me.
AFAIK, the basic policy has $500K TPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
maybe somone can tell me if this would work, as it was recomended to my GF by a few different people including an insurance agent..

so basically she only got her N recently and within 8 months of having her N she got into a very minor accident [she backed into somone pulling into the spot behind her, chick claimed injuries on an accident that happened under 10km/h but w/e]

these people said that what she should do if she plans to get a different vehicle is retain the insurance on her current vehicle, then insure the new vehicle at the discount and pay the whole year off in one shot, then when she sells the first vehicle simply cancel the policy and retain the second policy at the discount?
The first thing I'd do is see if ICBC actually paid out the other party for injuries. If they denied the injury claim and only paid for damages to the car, your GF should be able to pay ICBC back for the claim and retain her discount.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #107
I'm invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Did the agent also tell you that on your next renewal on your second vehicle (in the future), the claim can move over from the cancelled plate and affect this one.

As ice boy said the best is to speak with claim adjuster regarding the claim and let him know you are interested in repaying it back.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #108
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
AFAIK, the basic policy has $500K TPL.

The first thing I'd do is see if ICBC actually paid out the other party for injuries. If they denied the injury claim and only paid for damages to the car, your GF should be able to pay ICBC back for the claim and retain her discount.
Basic is 200k
Majestic12 is offline   Reply With Quote