REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 10-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

need some help- landscapers opinion more than welcome

Beginning of this past spring i applied for a permit to remove a small tree on my property to have a one-step deck built over it.
i got the permit and being a diy job, i just cut the tree down at its base. left the stump. (F*cked up here!)
i finished the deck by the end of june.
now i can see the stump sprouting new greens.

I know i could take the boards off and dig out the stump, but heres the catch- every board was screwed on from the bottom to have a screw-less clean finish. And the stump is located towards the end of the deck. So to get to it, id have to literally remove half the deck!!! (For anyone not familiar with this process, it means getting down on my knees and elbows to remove 20 planks of wood with 16 screws holding down each plank. This is definitely not something i want to do or have time to do again)

So you see, its not as simple as un-nailing a few planks from the top to get in there.

Luckily there is about 0.5" gap between planks which i may benefit from.

Anyone know any legal chemicals i can use to kill the stump and roots?
I just dont want a tree to shoot up from under my deck that i worked my ass off to put together.
there must be some sort of chemical "safer" to use than bleech or gasoline or anything in that nature.

**i repeat, removing each plank to get to it is not a viable option!
Advertisement
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Use this all the time in the yard
Quote:
strong enough to use as a stump killer
Roundup 32 oz. Concentrate Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer-5002310 at The Home Depot
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

I would also suggest Roundup. If its possible, with a long drill bit, drill into the stump and make some holes so the roundup can soak into the live parts of the stump.
Like creating an open wound then adding in the poison
Old 10-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanks guys. I'll try the Roundup.
I've read about drilling into the stump, but unfortunately I don't have enough room to do this.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,326 Times in 5,642 Posts
just pour a shit load of salt on the stump, done