REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 10-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
I bringith the lowerballerith

Help with BSOD?

Friends computer keeps bsoding. its a few years old. when it started it would happen once every two days or something but now it happens multiple times a day.

Its a gtx 560ti

I tried reinstalling video driver but still occurs. it even occurred when

i ran whocrashed on the dump and it shows

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 2014-10-15 오전 6:45:03 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: CWindows\Minidump\101414-22869-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x12800595A2CA, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000E4ECD67)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: CWindows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2014-10-15 오전 6:45:03 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: CWindows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0xB4F72)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x12800595A2CA, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000E4ECD67)
file path: CWindows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2014-10-15 오전 5:06:50 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: CWindows\Minidump\101414-20373-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x1280041749F0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8000E4B1BEE)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 2014-10-11 오전 9:19:14 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: CWindows\Minidump\101414-21060-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x1280051EF188, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000E520825)

On Sat 2014-10-11 오전 2:12:52 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: CWindows\Minidump\101114-20311-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x128001BDC120, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8000E4CA704)

On Fri 2014-10-10 오후 11:59:32 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: CWindows\Minidump\101014-20966-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x128003D95268, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000E50A825)

On Fri 2014-10-10 오후 11:52:12 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: CWindows\Minidump\101014-19437-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x1E3899)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x1236, 0xFFFFFA8009700000, 0xFFFFFA8009700818, 0x1C9454)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: CWindows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 337.50
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 337.50
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 337.50 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Advertisement
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
The last bit of the dump shows that there's a problem related to the video card. Since you have tried reinstalling the video driver, I would recommend having a look at the RAM. If there are multiple strips of RAM, take one out, and see if the BSOD happens. If it does, swap it back in for a different strip. Repeat until BSOD goes away, or if it doesn't go away, then at least you've eliminated memory issues as a possibility.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
The last bit of the dump shows that there's a problem related to the video card. Since you have tried reinstalling the video driver, I would recommend having a look at the RAM. If there are multiple strips of RAM, take one out, and see if the BSOD happens. If it does, swap it back in for a different strip. Repeat until BSOD goes away, or if it doesn't go away, then at least you've eliminated memory issues as a possibility.
id do the same thing, run on one stick of ram and see if you have the ablilty to change ram slots.

does the computer crash under load? playing video games? or just surfing the web?
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
run memtest and see if its memory issue
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

he first noticed while playing pro evolution soccer on his computer, the graphics were kind of glitched. then some days later, it happened while he was playing league of legends. now it just happens anytime. even right after the computer was booted

it once even happened when i was loading the computer with safe mode + network drivers . i forget if it happend while it was still in 'dos' mode or when the os booted up but it happened.

i tried changing the ram to the other channel but i never tried trouble shooting by using only 1 stick of ram at a time. (its dual channel). i guess i will try that later tonight when i have access to his computer.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Also, physically check the video card. I had a video card glitch out on me, and kept screwing up the textures and crashing. When I took the card out and looked at it, I noticed some bulging capacitors.