REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 10-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #1
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

I love this game. If you don't have it, you should really consider playing it. This is coming from a guy that has 400 games on Steam, and can't decide which one to play, so I just go buy more games.

The controls are much like WB's Batman or Sleeping Dogs titles. Left-click attack, right-click counter, and some flourishes thrown in. The combat is smooth as silk. As you gain experience, you can interject finishing moves, stuns, and enslave followers.

The nemesis system is pretty cool. The orcs have a hierarchy with Warchiefs at the top, and Captains on the next tier of command. Unless you decapitate, or explode their head, they'll come back for revenge at some point. If you get killed by a random orc, that orc will get promoted to a captain.

I'm about 20 hours into this, and having a blast. The story is okay, and the voice-acting is pretty good. I'm going to try and get 100%, but man, some of those missions to build a legendary weapon are tough!. With enough abilities, you can jump into a horde, and stay in combat, indefinitely. The orcs keep arriving, and you just keep killing. I'm at a high enough level that I can brand half of the orcs in a battle, and they do a lot of the killing for me.

If you have too much to play, then get this game when it hits an awesome sale price, but definitely play this game. Much satisfying violence!
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
been yearning to play it for the longest time, but then school happened
as soon as this semester's over... gonna indulge so hard
gonna play it till my legs atrophy. n0 ragrets
Old 10-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
I don't get it

got the game on Friday and I agree. It is cool

Hard to continue the story though, I just feel like taking revenge on the last guy that killed me. It does a good job of making you feel strong but enemy hits really hurt!
sulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
Looks like a great game, I'll pick it up for sure when it goes on sale
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #5
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Bought this, played it for 45 hours and beat it, I did everything and got 100%, absolutely love it and recommend it to everyone!
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #6
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
I just need to complete 5 more hunting challenges for the 100%. Then, I'll try and finish up the last few achievements.

I downloaded the HD texture pack, and the Power of Shadow DLCs which are free, but I'll wait until a deep price cut before I consider the paid DLC. Most people say they aren't worth it.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #7
all day, everyday

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
great game...just need a better laptop to play it on LOL desktop is fine but im always at "work"
Old 10-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
I've had a lot of fun playing the game so far, only put in about 3 or 4 hours but they've been really enjoyable.

You can get it for about $30 if you get it off Nuveem which is what I did.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #9
RS controls my life!

Official Shadow of Mordor Lord of the Hunt DLC Trailer

MikeyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote