REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 10-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
RS controls my life!

Transferring Credits from Thompson Rivers U toward BCIT BBA

Hello. I didn't stick this on the BCIT thread cus it's dead.

I wanted to get some insight from those who've transferred credits from TRU toward elective credits in the BBA.

I know BCIT has a list of general studies classes they offer, but from my understanding, the electives are not limited to that list.

I want to take all of my electives online via TRU because it's cheaper and it's more convenient, however I don't know how it all works. I would ask a counselor or a program administrator but I don't even know the questions I'm wanting to pose.

Can anyone please give me some insight on what you've done to transfer in credits toward the BBA? What you took, how you knew for sure it would be accepted, etc etc.. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Advertisement
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---
xmisstrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Use this site: BCIT : : Admission & Registration : : Transfer Credit

It will tell you exactly which courses may be transferred over.

School you attended: TRU/TR:OL
Subject/Course Number, scroll through them, select what you took. I think it only shows courses that are accepted for transfer.

Now you just need to see how many credits they will allow you to transfer over to finish the BBA degree.

Quote:
Note: If you would like to receive transfer credit toward a credential with BCIT, we will perform a transfer credit evaluation. All information contained within our equivalency database reflects the current BCIT requirements and is subject to change at any time, without prior notification. When using the database, ensure that the information you enter comes directly from an official transcript to avoid discrepancies between the equivalency database and the institute's official transfer credit evaluation.

If you do not see a desired BCIT equivalency, you can still apply for credit as new equivalencies are continually approved. Be sure to include a detailed course outline or syllabus and official transcript with your application.

I've transferred between other schools before and I just had to submit course outline and descriptions of the course I want to get credit for to my current post secondary school through the registrars office and tell them what I want it to replace. They will go through the info and make sure it is the same/similar before accepting.

EDIT: theres usually a form you can pick up that you need to fill in to request credit transfers. itll also tell you what info you may need to provide.

Last edited by TOS'd; 10-16-2014 at 12:24 PM.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

Thank you what I think I might be looking for though, is, will the classes I take at TRU HAVE to equate to the classes as shown in the list of general studies classes BCIT offers? BCIT : : Business Administration: Full-time/Part-time, Bachelor of Business Administration

and if say, I take a humanities course at TRU that doesn't show on that list, what then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Use this site: BCIT : : Admission & Registration : : Transfer Credit

It will tell you exactly which courses may be transferred over.

School you attended: TRU/TR:OL
Subject/Course Number, scroll through them, select what you took. I think it only shows courses that are accepted for transfer.

Now you just need to see how many credits they will allow you to transfer over to finish the BBA degree.

I've transferred between other schools before and I just had to submit course outline and descriptions of the course I want to get credit for to my current post secondary school through the registrars office and tell them what I want it to replace. They will go through the info and make sure it is the same/similar before accepting.
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---
Old 10-16-2014, 12:36 PM   #4

If its not on that list of General Education Component (24.0 Credits Required), then no you cannot transfer a Humanities course from TRU over to BCIT to use as part of your BBA credits (I didn't check for if it is, or not, just saying if its not on there then no can do).

The BBA program, like almost every other program(maybe not arts, but who wants an arts degree...), isn't a U-Grill where you can pick anything you want. There are reasons why you need to choose from a pool of courses because they are somewhat related to the overall program, in this case Business Administration.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #5

Read this: http://www.bcit.ca/files/business/bb...quirements.pdf

Quote:
Courses may be taken at a recognized accredited BC or Canadian public post-secondary educational institution, must be University level,
University transferable and academic in nature. Other BCIT courses not listed below may be eligible in consultation with the Program Area
and the Registrar’s Office.
Courses with S and U grading are not eligible for general education. No vocational or technical studies courses
will be considered for general education.
Either way, follow up with the Registrar's Office. Only they will be able to give you a 100% correct answer.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #6
RS controls my life!

thats the thing i've been looking for! much thanks!!!
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---