REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Pacific Honda Parts, would not recommend

I went to Kingsgate Honda the other day to inquire about a part that I needed to fix my Civic. They didn't have it in stock, so they referred me to Pacific Honda in North Van as they claimed to have two in stock over the phone.

I then asked the Parts guy at Kingsgate to actually check with Pacific Honda if they had the physical part in front of them, as I really didn't want to drive all the way to North Van in 9:30AM gridlocked Vancouver traffic for nothing. The Parts guy at Pacific Honda said they did have several in stock, and that he would "put one on hold" for me.

So I spent 45 minutes in city traffic trying to get to North Van. Only to get there, speak with the very same Parts guy who assured me over the phone he would "hold" the part for me, and tell me that it wasn't in stock. I understand making a simple mistake in the computer I was pretty mad by this point, but telling me over the phone he personally had it, then had me come all that distance for nothing?! Way to waste my time, effort, and gas. Not to mention I hate commuting in Downtown traffic lol. He then redirected me to Burrard Acura who (thankfully) had the part. Basically ended up spending the better half of my morning looking for a $3.77 part.

I know this is a relatively minor issue but it just goes to show that little things go a very long way. Just my $0.02
Advertisement

Last edited by Tone Loc; 10-16-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote