REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   vandalizim (https://www.revscene.net/forums/699039-vandalizim.html)

zerobid 10-20-2014 07:53 AM

vandalizim

Hey Guy.

alittle help don't know where this should go.

was going home last week and this happened.

am I out 300?

multicartual 10-20-2014 07:57 AM

You were in the DTES right by the UGF, this shit happens daily!

Anybody can get it!

zerobid 10-20-2014 08:00 AM

yah I hear ya.

shitty because that's my route for the last 4 yr.

murd0c 10-20-2014 08:05 AM

nothing you can do about it sadly, hopefully the dents not all that bad

7seven 10-20-2014 08:16 AM

I posted this a few days ago, one of your coworkers sent this to a few buddies as a big wtf just happened. Shitty situation, but unfortunately you're out the ICBC deductible, especially since you're not going to get anything going the civil claim route against a crackhead.

Mr.HappySilp 10-20-2014 09:03 AM

That's why stay away from DTES

white rocket 10-20-2014 09:40 AM

DTES err'day y0! As mentioned, you will have to pay your deductible as I'm sure crazy umbrella guy doesn't have any insurance(or a car for that matter)

Such a tough call as my personal knee-jerk reaction would be to shit kick the guy but then you're the asshole that beat up a crackhead.

zerobid 10-20-2014 09:50 AM

then the bum bump!

fliptuner 10-20-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white rocket (Post 8546029)
Such a tough call as my personal knee-jerk reaction would be to shit kick the guy but then you're the asshole that beat up a crackhead.

Beating the shit out of anyone who fucked with my car isn't an issue for me - getting some disease from him however.....

I'm sure the thought of "I should've just let go of the brakes" has crossed the OP's mind more than a few times.

Gumby 10-20-2014 10:21 AM

Wow that was totally random and seemingly unprovoked.

OP - do you drive a fancy/flashy car?

zerobid 10-20-2014 10:23 AM

nope
2004 acura tl
so random.

when I came out he told me to fuck off and ran off

WTF??

originalhypa 10-20-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerobid (Post 8546051)
when I came out he told me to fuck off and ran off

That's the kind of pussy you were dealing with. The equivalent of punching a guy in the back of the head, and running away giggling.

Bottom line, he has nothing to lose. Whereas you have $300 that you're going to lose.

He has a drug habit that will severely limit his life expectancy. You have a job and a future.

He's the walking dead. You have a home, friends who care, and a cool car.

It sucks, but know that Karma is already biting this POS in the ass.

:fuckyea:

[jsx] sky 10-20-2014 10:38 AM

Maybe he was mad at your spelling skills

LP700-4 10-20-2014 10:39 AM

How bad is the damage?

zerobid 10-20-2014 10:42 AM

dent size of toonie.

acurael 10-20-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerobid (Post 8546061)
dent size of toonie.

I wonder if dents unlimited or similar place could take it out? Usually charge 100 bucks or so. But if there is paint damage then u are better off going thru icbc.

Eff-1 10-20-2014 10:55 AM

This is a no-win situation for you. Just bad luck unfortunately.

You're out the $300 for a repair, unfortunately. Even if you called the cops and they came, found the guy and charged him, you'd still be out the $300.

Depending on the damage, maybe look into a painless dent repair. Might be cheaper than $300 and you avoid having to put a claim on your car.

Matlock 10-20-2014 12:49 PM

An umbrella shouldn't have done too much damage. My main concern when watching the video was that he was going to break in your windshield. I'm glad you are ok?

At least you didn't kill anyone. I don't know if I would have been able to handle the same situation as calmly as you.

Actually when I saw the guy start to attack your car I was worried that it would have been like this old video:

radioman 10-20-2014 01:04 PM

Like I had said in the shitty drivers thread this happened to my trunk. It's a dent that you've got to look at it in a weird way to see it. I see it everytime I wash my car and I cry evertim.

I was waiting to turn right onto hastings from Columbia and all the sudden I hear a loud thud from the right side guy hits my passenger window then goes behind me car and hits the trunk then comes to my window and starts talking nonsense. I didn't see a point to get out as the fucker smelled like shit and what would I really gain from doing anything.

Before paying your deductible try and see if a paint less dent repair guy can do it for cheaper!

jeedee 10-20-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioman (Post 8546122)
Before paying your deductible try and see if a paint less dent repair guy can do it for cheaper!

Did you end up getting the dent fixed?

If so any recommendations on a dent repair guy?

radioman 10-20-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8546128)
Did you end up getting the dent fixed?

If so any recommendations on a dent repair guy?

I talked to Noran (maybe if he reads this he can chime in since he got like 10 dents removed) about getting it fixed since he used a guy in Coquitlam area. I figured I'd wait for another unfortunate incident to happen since the way he explained the charges it would be (and these are guesstimates) $150 for first dent then $25 for each next dent.

If this was a dent on my door or a really visible spot I would have gotten it done right away.

stewie 10-20-2014 01:39 PM

as mr.happyslip said, this is why i avoid DTES as well.

my brothers buddy was in his convertible, first car at a red light, and a crack head walked up to the passenger door, leaned in and ripped the rear view mirror off and ran...

how come the time stamp is feb. 12 2012 though?

white rocket 10-20-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8546044)
Beating the shit out of anyone who fucked with my car isn't an issue for me - getting some disease from him however.....

I'm totally with you on that but I'm more worried about the consequences. If it was 15 years ago that dude woulda got rolled hard and left for dead. but, like hypa said, most of us have a future and shit-kicking someone for fucking with your car could lead you into some legal recourse. Possibly assault charges, etc. I wouldn't want that messing my life up over some low-life drug addict scum bag with nothing to lose. Best to just avoid those kinds of situations when you have a family and whatnot.

moral? carry a ski mask and plate blocker with you so you can roll on crack heads anonymously. LOL!!

BrRsn 10-20-2014 02:08 PM

Back in the summer i saw a mint green gallardo on the DTES. A bum parked his cart in front of it at a red light, and went around the back and started feeling the trunk/engine cover :fulloffuck:

guy inside just rolled up his windows and look straight ahead until he could go hah

Hondaracer 10-20-2014 02:20 PM

So what happens when you pay the deductible like thos? Does your rate go up?