REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 10-23-2014, 02:41 AM   #1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Audio Technica ATH-M50

Does anybody own a pair of these headphones? 50 OR 50X

I hear nothing but good reviews about them for the quality and the price. Just want to hear your opinion about them and where I could find these other than at Future Shop?

Are these headphones perfect for a somebody who listens to trance/electronic music most of the time?

Would appreciate your comments
Advertisement

Last edited by guurl; 10-23-2014 at 02:58 AM.
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #2

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
me i have them

one of the best investments I've made and you already know what kind of music i listen to

got mine on ebay for 140 ish?

just get the ones with a coiled cable
Old 10-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
yes.

Good headphones, very durable (stepped on em a few times and nothing broke), ear cups are a little flat so wearing longer than a few hours can be uncomfortable, and they sound pretty good connected to my macbook headphone jack/cell phone but sound a lot better with a USB headphone amp
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
I have owned a lot of headphones at varying prices and these are what I use now for DJing.

http://www.amazon.ca/Monoprice-10832...ice+headphones

Very good balanced sound wick a killer price.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I have the M50X and couldn't be happier with them. The only thing I do wish was different on them was if the hard part of the cable coming out of the headphones wasn't so long as I find that if i'm lying down while wearing them it can cause some minor discomfort. Other than that they are fantastic value for their cost. Don't give in to the marketing of Beats, they are nowhere near the value of Audio Technica.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2014, 04:20 AM   #6
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I've been using beats for the past 4 and a half years and the bass recently stopped working. Lol. But anyways I went to Tom Lee the other day to test them out and I liked it a lot so I'm gonna go ahead and make the purchase. The bass isn't as great as the beats that I had but for ~$160 I can't complain. Don't really care about the looks of it since I'm only going to be using them at home. (Not trying to say they're ugly or anything but beats look a lot better lolol)

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I have owned a lot of headphones at varying prices and these are what I use now for DJing.

http://www.amazon.ca/Monoprice-10832...ice+headphones

Very good balanced sound wick a killer price.
Is there a place where I could try these?
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guurl View Post
I've been using beats for the past 4 and a half years and the bass recently stopped working. Lol. But anyways I went to Tom Lee the other day to test them out and I liked it a lot so I'm gonna go ahead and make the purchase. The bass isn't as great as the beats that I had but for ~$160 I can't complain. Don't really care about the looks of it since I'm only going to be using them at home. (Not trying to say they're ugly or anything but beats look a lot better lolol)

If you can wait, the ATH-M50 can be had for around $80. It sounds like your a basshead to me, if so, you should definitely check these out.

Amazon.com: Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones: Electronics

These cans will give the beats for the run of the money. It says it's $245, because it's a discontinued product, but it can be had for less than $100, if you know where to look. I am using them now, I bought it for $50 when it was newly released.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Also got the MDR XB500. Good shit.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #9
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

^those are good headphones if you want a lot of bass in your music.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

owned the 50x for a week and sold it. Its good pair of headphones but they don't let your ears breathe. Clamping force is really tight too.

It seems like you like the bass, so the 50/50x it'll suite you well.

I would suggest getting the 50x to take advantage of removable cable. Amazon has them on sale right now for $170? You can get the 50 for around 100$ on sale

Another suggestion would be the Vmoda-100? They're a bit pricey, but online review show them to be a good alternative with decent punchy bass. (Never tried them before)
Old 10-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #11
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
+1 for Sony MDR XB500s. Dat bass in yo face
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:34 PM   #12
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,298 Times in 2,510 Posts
Listened to them in the past -- they are a good pair of entry level headphones, but I still prefer my Beyerdynamic DT-880 a lot better. For only about $100 - $120 more, I feel like the Beyer is a much better bargain.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #13
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Just get them - you won't be disappointed. If you want, you can change the pads from leather to velour.

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #14
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guurl View Post

In my bedroom. But really there are less then $30 shipped what do yo got to loose. They also come with 2 different lengths of cable.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #15
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
fyi M50x's on massdrop for $120 + $20 shipping. 3 days left as of today.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/audio-t...ode=guest_open
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote