REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Recommend me noodle restaurants in Richmond (https://www.revscene.net/forums/699462-recommend-me-noodle-restaurants-richmond.html)

[o_o] 11-06-2014 10:10 PM

Recommend me noodle restaurants in Richmond

I rarely go down to Richmond to eat but I thuoght I would swing by this weekend for some noodles. Looking for something similar to Peaceful Resaurant and Sha-Lin Noodle House.

Any recommendations are appreciated. Thank you!

Spoon 11-06-2014 10:39 PM

It's not a "traditional" noodle restaurant, but I'd give Deer Garden a try if you haven't been there before.

IMO Sha-Lin Noodle House was not that good the last two times I went. That was at least half a decade ago though, so maybe things changed?

v_tec 11-06-2014 10:51 PM

What type of noodles are you looking for?
That's as broad as asking "recommend me somewhere that serves rice in Richmond..."

bcrdukes 11-06-2014 11:26 PM

Hon's

Jayboogz 11-06-2014 11:37 PM

macs on alexandra

sonick 11-07-2014 08:58 AM

Tsim Chai for wonton noodle soup.

j.f0ng 11-07-2014 10:30 AM

x2 for Deer Garden if you're not looking for the traditional wonton noodle kinda place

ZN6 11-07-2014 11:15 AM

For some reason, I find that the Deer garden in Richmond just isn't near the same quality as the one in Vancouver on Fraser.

Whenever I order the peanut and chilli sauce soup in the Richmond location, it's fucking disgusting. Like the soup is completely heterogeneous and is either watery with peanut sauce floating at the surface or there's foamy chunks of it on the side of the bowl. :heckno::heckno::heckno:

The one in vancouver is pretty consistent and the soup well mixed and homogeneous and thicker like they added in more sauce.

Personally, if I had to pick between Cattle cafe and Deer garden Richmond (which happens to be in the same complex) I'd go for Cattle Cafe.

It's like the opposite in Vancouver though, Cattle Cafe sucks in Vancouver (and including the one in Burnaby across from metro) and Deer garden is good.

ZN6 11-07-2014 11:17 AM

I would suggest Double Double in richmond for noodles actually. Like Traditional HK style wonton noodles and congee. I love that place and it's usually packed.

dachinesedude 11-07-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_tec (Post 8553652)
What type of noodles are you looking for?
That's as broad as asking "recommend me somewhere that serves rice in Richmond..."

lol +1 be more specific

deer garden for fish soup vermicelli
pho viet for pho
tsim chai for wonton noodle
nan chuu for ramen

etc etc

Mining 11-07-2014 12:31 PM

Nan chuu's Cha-Siu is legit melt in your mouth. But their ramen has SO much fat (probably why it tastes so good). Try it yourself, take one home and refridge it. Oh my god...

[o_o] 11-07-2014 01:08 PM

Sorry, I should've been more specific. I love noodles in general but I guess i'm leaning more towards of a traditional chinese restaurant with noodles in a nice broth or a restaurant with really good shanghai fried noodles.

MeowMeow 11-07-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmodeus (Post 8553833)
Nan chuu's Cha-Siu is legit melt in your mouth. But their ramen has SO much fat (probably why it tastes so good). Try it yourself, take one home and refridge it. Oh my god...

Well deer garden too....
Brought left over of szechuan soup and Malay soup oh my god.
Szechuan had chunks of orange fat :heckno:
Since then I stuck with fish soup but I'm fairly sure I got food poisoning from there last weekend....

sonick 11-07-2014 01:26 PM

Cattle Cafe Fish Noodle Laksa :sweetjesus:

TOS'd 11-08-2014 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowMeow (Post 8553845)
Well deer garden too....
Brought left over of szechuan soup and Malay soup oh my god.
Szechuan had chunks of orange fat :heckno:
Since then I stuck with fish soup but I'm fairly sure I got food poisoning from there last weekend....

Was there last weekend too, alexandra rd location, fish soup but no one in the group of 10+ got food poisoning.

Purely 11-08-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZN6 (Post 8553799)
For some reason, I find that the Deer garden in Richmond just isn't near the same quality as the one in Vancouver on Fraser.

Whenever I order the peanut and chilli sauce soup in the Richmond location, it's fucking disgusting. Like the soup is completely heterogeneous and is either watery with peanut sauce floating at the surface or there's foamy chunks of it on the side of the bowl. :heckno::heckno::heckno:

The one in vancouver is pretty consistent and the soup well mixed and homogeneous and thicker like they added in more sauce.

Personally, if I had to pick between Cattle cafe and Deer garden Richmond (which happens to be in the same complex) I'd go for Cattle Cafe.

It's like the opposite in Vancouver though, Cattle Cafe sucks in Vancouver (and including the one in Burnaby across from metro) and Deer garden is good.

I agree, the Deer Garden at the Fraser location is just so much better in terms of quality and quantity (much larger portions as well).

willystyle 11-08-2014 11:11 AM

Never tried Deer Garden. Is Deer Garden better than Cattle?

Not really racist! 11-08-2014 02:38 PM

Isn't the Metro CattleCafe closed down?

Fafine 11-08-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 8554213)

dw if it is, theres still cattle in richmond, one by joyce, and one by edmonds.
Prefer the one in richmond tho

anjewree 11-08-2014 04:44 PM

Chef Hung Taiwanese Beef Noodle in Aberdeen mall
:fuckyea:

jonwon 11-09-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZN6 (Post 8553799)

bruh if you looking for dan dan mein, you're shit out of luck. the best used to come from this small dirty shop in richmond that sold it for $2 bucks a bowl, but it closed down a while ago now... been searching ever since

guesswho 11-10-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 8554213)

Theyre moving 2 stores down

bcrdukes 11-10-2014 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon (Post 8554739)
bruh if you looking for dan dan mein, you're shit out of luck. the best used to come from this small dirty shop in richmond that sold it for $2 bucks a bowl, but it closed down a while ago now... been searching ever since

RIP Mao Toi :okay:

jonwon 11-10-2014 01:29 AM

YA thats the one!

ZN6 11-10-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon (Post 8554739)

Are you talking about the one on Westminster highway in the complex across from the public market? If it's the same one I'm thinking then yeah.

Otherwise:

Long's Noodle House ????? - Riley Park/Little Mountain - Vancouver | Urbanspoon

You're welcome. Get the dan dan noodles with meat sauce.