REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
The walmart.ca Cheap Stuff Thread

This is a thread for random cheap stuff over on walmart.ca

The best part of it is that shipping is free on everything!
Advertisement
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
The RS Freebie guru

Child of Mine by Carter's 3pk Bodysuit Boy | Walmart.ca

3-pack of 18-month onesies for boys for $3
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
The RS Freebie guru

Not as good as last week when it was 50¢, but still not bad at 67¢.

If you want some Cream of Mushroom soup delivered to your door because you are too lazy to pick it up from the store:

Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom 284 mL | Walmart.ca

I ordered a dozen last week for $6. I'm wondering how much it cost them to ship...?
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
too be honest I think this is a real stupid idea for a thread... nice on you for trying tho..
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #5
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
too be honest I think this is a real stupid idea for a thread... nice on you for trying tho..
It's all good. I'll try it out for a while. The reason why I thought to make a new thread is because the good deals are for really random stuff on clearance.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #6
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

There is NEVER a bad thread when it comes to deals
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #7
In RS I Trust

I'm thinking it would be better off having a good deals thread rather then just walmart.ca.. To be honest I would rather walk around the store then look for good deals online from them..
Old 11-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Child of Mine by Carter's 3pk Bodysuit Boy | Walmart.ca

3-pack of 18-month onesies for boys for $3
Thanks - ordered! Except I forgot to go through a cashback site... oops!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
I'm thinking it would be better off having a good deals thread rather then just walmart.ca.. To be honest I would rather walk around the store then look for good deals online from them..
I see where you're coming from, but a general good deals thread feels a little too broad to me.

Most of the deals that I will be posting here are for clearance items that will probably only be available online.

Even for the weekly special deals like the soup, because of the free shipping, it doesn't cost any more to get it sent to your door than for you to go to WalMart yourself... so it's good for those that are lazy and/or like getting stuff delivered and/or have no time to go to WalMart.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #10
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Thanks - ordered! Except I forgot to go through a cashback site... oops!
Damn, a whole 6¢.

Yeah, I got 12¢ cashback when I ordered my twelve cans of soup.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #11
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
the canadian site is terrible lol .. i always just order from the american site and get it shipped to point roberts
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #12
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,761 Times in 903 Posts
Quote:
I see where you're coming from, but a general good deals thread feels a little too broad to me.

Most of the deals that I will be posting here are for clearance items that will probably only be available online.

Even for the weekly special deals like the soup, because of the free shipping, it doesn't cost any more to get it sent to your door than for you to go to WalMart yourself... so it's good for those that are lazy and/or like getting stuff delivered and/or have no time to go to WalMart.
I hear you on the other thread being too broad but I'm not sure where the happy medium is. First a Walmart.ca thread but what's next? Costco.ca? Futureshop.ca? I know, of course the site in question needs to meet a certain criteria to be considered thread worthy and in this case being shipping is free on everything not just over a certain amount, but I'm sure if we tried hard enough that a lot of sites could be worthy enough so where does it end?

On a side note, I've been using the Walmart.com free ship to store option in Bellingham a ton in recent months and it's awesome. Been saving a ton of money on baby stuff it's ridiculous.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #13
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmb View Post
the canadian site is terrible lol .. i always just order from the american site and get it shipped to point roberts
My wife and I have bought tons of stuff on walmart.com and got it shipped site-to-store to the Bellingham location for pickup. Almost our whole nursery is stuff from walmart.com!

But the reasons to buy on walmart.com and walmart.ca are very different.

walmart.com has TONS of stuff available online that isn't readily available in their stores, and the prices are generally pretty good.

On the other hand, walmart.ca has a much smaller selection of stuff available, so at least for me, the only reason to buy from there is when there are good clearance deals, or for weekly sale items that I couldn't be bothered to go to the store to pick up.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #14
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
I disagree. Have you actually bought anything on walmart.ca? I've bought lots of stuff from walmart.com (mostly baby), but it's nice not having to drive to point roberts or blaine to pick up stuff.

You can save a lot on a lot of household items that you would buy anyways.
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #15
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,811 Times in 2,500 Posts
i think it's a good idea, but should be expanded to other major company's online sites as well eg:
candiantire.ca
toysrus.ca
amazon.ca
indigo.ca

i've actually used walmart.ca for a walmart in-store price match on a toy for my kids so i can see the value in an online thread.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #16
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by heleu View Post
I disagree. Have you actually bought anything on walmart.ca? I've bought lots of stuff from walmart.com (mostly baby), but it's nice not having to drive to point roberts or blaine to pick up stuff.

You can save a lot on a lot of household items that you would buy anyways.
I have but it should be more broad like I have already said

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i think it's a good idea, but should be expanded to other major company's online sites as well eg:
candiantire.ca
toysrus.ca
amazon.ca
indigo.ca

i've actually used walmart.ca for a walmart in-store price match on a toy for my kids so i can see the value in an online thread.
exactly.. Especially with Amazon doing same day delivery service now
Old 11-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #17
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
My wife and I have bought tons of stuff on walmart.com and got it shipped site-to-store to the Bellingham location for pickup. Almost our whole nursery is stuff from walmart.com!

But the reasons to buy on walmart.com and walmart.ca are very different.

walmart.com has TONS of stuff available online that isn't readily available in their stores, and the prices are generally pretty good.

On the other hand, walmart.ca has a much smaller selection of stuff available, so at least for me, the only reason to buy from there is when there are good clearance deals, or for weekly sale items that I couldn't be bothered to go to the store to pick up.
Sounds just like Amazon.com and Amazon.ca
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #18
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I hear you on the other thread being too broad but I'm not sure where the happy medium is. First a Walmart.ca thread but what's next? Costco.ca? Futureshop.ca? I know, of course the site in question needs to meet a certain criteria to be considered thread worthy and in this case being shipping is free on everything not just over a certain amount, but I'm sure if we tried hard enough that a lot of sites could be worthy enough so where does it end?
Nope, walmart.ca is the only site that I think has justification of having a thread.

Costco.ca never has anything on clearance, and I've never seen any truly remarkable deals.

Futureshop.ca MAY have some decent deals from time to time, but really good deals are very rare. Even if one did come along, it would probably be for an electronics type item that is more significant and may deserve its own thread in the Computers forum.

What makes the deals on walmart.ca different is that some of their clearance prices are REALLY low, and they can be for anything... household items, electronics, baby stuff, toys, etc.

Basically, it came down to the fact that I didn't think the 3-pack of onesies for $3 was significant enough to create a dedicated thread for. I felt it was more appropriate in a generalized walmart.ca thread.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #19
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
There has been good buys on Walmart.ca , i remember buying oasis juice for 1$/1L .
Old 11-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #20
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
candiantire.ca
toysrus.ca
amazon.ca
indigo.ca

Hmm... you hit on something with amazon.ca. There HAVE been some exceptional deals on there. A month ago, they had a price error where 20 packs of 100-count Bounty napkins sold for $13 or so.

The other three you listed, not so much. I've never seen any remarkable online deals on those sites on RedFlagDeals.

I think the idea in my head was to only post items that are cheap enough that people here may want to buy on impulse, even if they weren't looking for it.

Asides from walmart.ca and amazon.ca, in large part because of the free shipping, I haven't done many other impulse buys.

But... the point has been made. Perhaps this could have been expanded a bit to be a general "cheap stuff" thread or "impulse buy" thread.

We'll see how it plays out...
Old 11-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #21
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
exactly.. Especially with Amazon doing same day delivery service now
This ain't cheap. In case you didn't know, the price for same day delivery is $11.99 per shipment, and an additional $1.99 per item.

Granted, I'm not saying walmart.ca does the same thing. If you need something immediately, then of course you should go out to the store to pick it up... but for items that you're not in a rush for, walmart.ca is great.

I ordered my soup on November 3rd and they were delivered on November 8th.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #22
In RS I Trust

You don't pay for same day service and expect it to be cheap. It's nice to have that option if in a rush tho
Old 11-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #23
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
You don't pay for same day service and expect it to be cheap. It's nice to have that option if in a rush tho
No doubt, and obviously it exists because there is a market for it. Not sure if it was done intentionally or not, but their free shipping option has gotten worse over the years. I think in the past, sometimes you can receive stuff maybe 2-3 days after you order from amazon.ca. I think now it's more like 5+ days.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #24
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,761 Times in 903 Posts
Quote:
Nope, walmart.ca is the only site that I think has justification of having a thread.

Costco.ca never has anything on clearance, and I've never seen any truly remarkable deals.

Futureshop.ca MAY have some decent deals from time to time, but really good deals are very rare. Even if one did come along, it would probably be for an electronics type item that is more significant and may deserve its own thread in the Computers forum.

What makes the deals on walmart.ca different is that some of their clearance prices are REALLY low, and they can be for anything... household items, electronics, baby stuff, toys, etc.

Basically, it came down to the fact that I didn't think the 3-pack of onesies for $3 was significant enough to create a dedicated thread for. I felt it was more appropriate in a generalized walmart.ca thread.
Fair enough, you're the freebie guru after all! I just wanted to get a sense of where the thinking was from. Lets see them deals!

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #25
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,125 Posts
If this were to become a general deals thread, why would we bother coming here when we could just browse RFD?

This is a thread that has no equivalent on RFD. Carry on.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: