REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

speeding ticket while on probation with N

i got a speeding ticket in hope while on probation so pretty much if i dont dispute it i will have my license taken for 2 months which i need for work. so im going to dispute it, does anyone know if its possible to beat these things? i was going 127 in a 100 zone and really dont have an excuse for it, and is it worth it to pay 1500 for a lawyer?
Advertisement
kyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
nma
#RVG

you dispute it so it's long enough to be able to get a class 5, not for actually winning the ticket... lol...

but yeah totally worth paying the lawyer, you'll get to save $200!
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

haha ya 1500 is a lot but its worth it if they could prevent a suspension, i cant afford to not have a license for work, but what if the court date is before my class 5 test? is it easy to keep postpone the court dates? if so how?
Old 11-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyan View Post
i got a speeding ticket in hope while on probation so pretty much if i dont dispute it i will have my license taken for 2 months which i need for work. so im going to dispute it, does anyone know if its possible to beat these things? i was going 127 in a 100 zone and really dont have an excuse for it, and is it worth it to pay 1500 for a lawyer?
You probably won't win the dispute if you already know you screwed up, furthermore you're just wasting everyone's time by doing so.

Instead, was the car you were driving titled to you? Sometimes, if you politely explain your situation to the Officer, they MAY allow you to plead guilty as the registered owner and not the driver, which of course calls for 0 points. A Richmond RCMP Officer once did me that favour when I tried to dispute an illegal U-Turn that was made in Surrey when I tried to exit Hwy 1 in Coquitlam (Exit 44) but couldn't due to roadwork. I ended up crossing the then-new Port Mann, since there was no detour - thank you construction workers for not letting me know of that ... I never go to Surrey if I can help it and I was lost (no GPS poverty time), I explained this to the Officer and that was the "deal" he offered me as I was on probation as well.

It's always worth a shot, or if you're close to your Class 5 test just dispute it and pass your Class 5 so you're out of the probation period. Keep in mind it took me 13 months (with one adjournment due to university final exams) to actually go to court...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #6
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

ya i heard about that but it sounds like you had a pretty good excuse, i was just flat out speeding... but ya im going to try and do that i have 13 months until my class 5 test so i dont know if ill have enough time for i dont know when my court day is yet but i kind of doubt it will be that long...
Old 11-13-2014, 07:32 PM   #7
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
There is a difference between an"excuse" and an explanation. The former denote lack of guilt...the latter acknowledges it and asks for mercy. Confuse these terms in Traffic Court at your peril.

Last edited by zulutango; 11-13-2014 at 08:45 PM.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #8
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,756 Times in 3,869 Posts
uh. you already have a suspended license? is that what you mean by on probation with your N?
320icar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

no i previously had my license suspended so it resets your N for another 2 years and you are on probation the entire time, meaning 1 ticket will suspend your license again and you have to go through the whole process agian
Old 11-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #10
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Seems to me like you're not ready to be driving yourself around... Take a bus to work
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #11
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Seems to me like you're not ready to be driving yourself around... Take a bus to work
but OP's planning to buy a new truck!
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #12
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
He better put that off for a couple months
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:13 AM   #13
nma
#RVG

You wait till the last day of the month to dispute your ticket, it should take longer than 13 months...
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #14
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Just get a lawyer and let them deal with it....a friend of mine had a similar problem and paid a lawyer a 600 dollar ticket + 5 penalty points + the risk of the superintendent taking away his license equalled a 50 dollar ticket, no penalty points and it didn't end up on the drivers history either. If you depend on your license like my friend did then its definitely worth it

I recommend these guys

Vancouver Criminal Lawyer - Mickelson & Whysall Law Corporation
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #15
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
considering youre on your new N , if you dispute you'll most likely end up in court before your class 5 test lol so imo try and get the ticket reduce to the point that you dont take any points. I think its your only chance

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #16
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
i didnt ask but, since he said he got his N again im going to ASSUME he is early in his 2 years, and by my ASSUMPTION from what i hear or read people say about the courts, they take about 1 year give or take, to get a date. so once agian, im ASSUMING that if he disputes and gets a court date, it wont be after his class 5

ps : sheesh why take it off

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:46 AM   #17
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
i didnt ask but, since he said he got his N again im going to ASSUME he is early in his 2 years, and by my ASSUMPTION from what i hear or read people say about the courts, they take about 1 year give or take, to get a date. so once agian, im ASSUMING that if he disputes and gets a court date, it wont be after his class 5

ps : sheesh why take it off
Maybe because OP said it would take 13 months before his class 5 test.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2014, 08:06 AM   #18
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Where the fuck is common sense in this world????

Ok, so let me get this straight, you lost your license once before. You know what happens when you do stupid stuff and have an N yet decided to do 127 in a 100 and now you want to know if they will suspend your license again.
Yes, they will, 100% and frankly it sounds like you deserve it.
Chances are the letters already in the mail for you since this is the SECOND time you will have it suspended on your N.

Perhaps you should exercise self control when driving a car and avoid speeding or other stupid behaviour if you NEED YOUR CAR FOR WORK.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2014, 08:08 AM   #19
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #20
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Will you "beat" it? Unlikely. Will you waste everyones time and money because you were too stupid to learn your lesson the first time? Yes.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2014, 02:12 PM   #21
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
You'll still get suspended after you get your class 5 if your found guilty. It usually takes about a year or so to receive your court date. Just work and take no vacations until your time of suspension then take your vacation.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2014, 12:36 AM   #22
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 View Post
You'll still get suspended after you get your class 5 if your found guilty. It usually takes about a year or so to receive your court date. Just work and take no vacations until your time of suspension then take your vacation.
Actually, this is false... the "probation" period resets (or so the RCMP Officer at my trial told me) after one gets their Class 5. Not to mention the points threshold is significantly higher than it is at the N stage, you'd have to be a real idiot to lose your license at the Class 5 stage.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #23
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Quote:
no i previously had my license suspended so it resets your N for another 2 years and you are on probation the entire time, meaning 1 ticket will suspend your license again and you have to go through the whole process agian
IIRC, if you had your license suspended before, its going to be longer then 2 month the 2nd time around.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #24
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARANOiA-R34 View Post
Actually, this is false... the "probation" period resets (or so the RCMP Officer at my trial told me) after one gets their Class 5. Not to mention the points threshold is significantly higher than it is at the N stage, you'd have to be a real idiot to lose your license at the Class 5 stage.

I used to regularly have "real idiots" as my clients. Seemed to be a never-ending supply of slow learners.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #25
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
I used to regularly have "real idiots" as my clients. Seemed to be a never-ending supply of slow learners.

so your saying its pointless getting a lawyer