REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   The Official Cheap Organic Produce Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/699650-official-cheap-organic-produce-thread.html)

bcrdukes 11-17-2014 02:43 PM

The Official Cheap Organic Produce Thread

Guys, since I know you all support Gregor Robertson's antics of bike lanes and a healthy organic Vancouver lifestyle, please post your deals on any cheap organic produce in this thread!

Organic butternut squash is on sale at the Whole Foods Cambie store going for $1.49/lb (regular @ $2.49/lb.)

What a deal! :fuckyea:

punkwax 11-17-2014 02:48 PM

lol @ self serving thread

:troll:

murd0c 11-17-2014 02:49 PM

Organic and cheap doesn't belong in the same sentence

Expresso 11-17-2014 03:05 PM

That's a pretty good deal. Probably pick some up after work.

Thanks dukes!

TOS'd 11-17-2014 05:31 PM

Just cashed in on a sale for some Organic Red Grapes from SoF! This thread is what REVscene has been lacking all along!

bcrdukes 11-17-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8557388)
Just cashed in on a sale for some Organic Red Grapes from SoF! This thread is what REVscene has been lacking all along!

Do you need a SOM card in order to be eligible for the sale price?

pinn3r 11-17-2014 06:59 PM

gmo4lyfe

TOS'd 11-17-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8557415)
Do you need a SOM card in order to be eligible for the sale price?

Friend bought it for me and she used a card. So I am not sure. I don't usually shop at these big chain stores. I prefer the M&P and smaller up-and-coming brick and mortar shops who focus on local sustainably sourced products and produce.

BrRsn 11-17-2014 07:29 PM

oh fuck off with this, this thread embodies why everyone hates you and your hipster movement -- buying shit you can't afford to fix a problem that never existed

GTFO WITH YOUR HIPSTER PEON SHIT

i'm still voting #BCRDUKES2016 though
too bad the RS illuminati shut down my last thread trying to get you unbanned so you could campaign in chat

bcrdukes 11-17-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8557428)
Friend bought it for me and she used a card. So I am not sure. I don't usually shop at these big chain stores. I prefer the M&P and smaller up-and-coming brick and mortar shops who focus on local sustainably sourced products and produce.

STFU TOS'd.

SB7 11-17-2014 07:54 PM

Just curious, a loblaws city market opened up near my place. Walked around for a few minutes while passing by. Seems like a whole foods copycat but still retains a lot of save on elements. Opinions?

TOS'd 11-18-2014 10:51 PM

Since we are on the topic of grocery stores. Anyone been the the No Frills by Cambie x Broadway? No offense but when I walked in there I felt so dirty. Like I was shopping at the lowest of the low. All the fresh produce was cringe worthy. The types of people that were at that location made me feel sorry that they probably haven't tried $4.00 heads of organic garlic from the OK. Anyways the Fraser location isn't as bad, I still wouldn't shop there though. Maybe its just the Cambie x Broadway one that is trashy.

bcrdukes 11-19-2014 07:06 AM

Eww, the armpit of Fairview.

No Frills? Ain't nobody got time for that B-grade produce. :heckno:

TOS'd 11-19-2014 08:54 AM

But the people there aren't as trashy as the other location. Regardless, I wouldn't go back, had to buy a specific generic packaged product that can be found at any chain supermarket and it was the closest.

bcrdukes 11-19-2014 09:12 AM

So much for supporting your local mom and pop brick and mortar grocer.

TOS'd 11-19-2014 01:11 PM

Wasn't shopping by myself or for me. But was asked to pick something up.

bcrdukes 11-19-2014 01:22 PM

Your life is a lie and a waste of time.

STFU TOS'd

AAnthony 11-24-2014 12:06 AM

-----

SumAznGuy 11-24-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAnthony (Post 8560001)
Make sure when buying organic you're buying local. All fruits/vegetables imported into Canada are mass sprayed when they enter, which basically negates the organic nature of the product. Organic has become a marketing ploy these days, and consumers are willingly paying the premium because they believe the hype associated with it.

Just like people who complain organic items placed in the same room as non organic items negates the organic nature from air contamination.

Also, when it is sub 0 temps outside, where the heck are you going to get local organic produce?

Please don't be spreading false information.

Matlock 11-24-2014 02:50 PM

Somethings are worth buying organic and something aren't. I'll usually only buy organic if it's direct from the grower/farm or I grow it myself.

You really can't beat homegrown vegetables. Carrots and tomatoes... mmm...

If it's organic and still has no taste, then really there is no point in spending the extra money.