REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   EDC 2015 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/699667-edc-2015-a.html)

Chronix 11-18-2014 03:22 PM

EDC 2015

EDC is June 19th-21st (Fri-Sun/Mon morning)
Tickets on Sale 12/01/2014 at Noon PT.
GA 3Day $329 + fees.
VIP 3Day $699 + fees.
No Loyalty Pricing.

Its that time of the year already. I promised myself not to go next year but....

Vale46Rossi 11-18-2014 03:25 PM

SHIEEEEEEEEEEEET

roflwaffle604 11-18-2014 05:10 PM

so tempted to go again next year...

guurl 11-18-2014 07:43 PM

I was planning to go this year since like two years ago......... I might not even go OMFG *cry* not sure if I could get time off for work.

Spending most of my money on my trip to asia this winter........LOL

**donations accepted**

nabs 11-18-2014 07:55 PM

rofl lets go!

Armind 11-18-2014 09:25 PM

:considered:

dn53 11-18-2014 09:30 PM

hotels already booked.. :fuckyea:

Chronix 11-19-2014 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guurl (Post 8557871)
I was planning to go this year since like two years ago......... I might not even go OMFG *cry* not sure if I could get time off for work.

Spending most of my money on my trip to asia this winter........LOL

**donations accepted**

Ayyyy gurlll....:troll:

roflwaffle604 11-19-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8557873)
rofl lets go!

As of right now don't know if I will be able to afford to break the bank again for next year. If I can land a job and get the time off after graduating next year then k we go for sure

Alpine50 11-22-2014 10:06 AM

For the people that have gone before is it better to purchase your ticket as soon as they drop? Do they sell out really fast? I was hoping to save a little more cash till like Feb/March and then grab my ticket? Or is that not a smart idea. Also did you guys do just regumregular tickets or did you get VIP tickets. My friend told me line ups for shuttles are insane and everything you gotta deal with if you don't so thought that might be something to look into.

For the guys that are thinking of going next year a friend of mine also said this was the last year they're doing it in Vegas?

Chronix 11-22-2014 11:48 AM

You either grab it right at the beginning when its on sale or right at the end from desperate sellers/last minute cancelers (One of my friend canceled last minute and had to sell it for like $200.) Anything in between will be expensive.

Just get regular tickets. Some ppl just bribed the guards like $20 for VIP access for the night lol.

Shuttles/cab/limo wait times will be long and packed regardless. Especially coming back from the desert. Nothing you can really do about it.

The most important thing is accomodation though. That should be done ASAP.

RRxtar 11-22-2014 11:56 AM

Go back and look at the last 2 threads.

Im pretty sure if you dont get early bird, all tickets are priced the same after that. They do sell out, but not within a month. Get your Hotel ASAP tho. Prices start climbing pretty steady once tickets go on sale.

I wouldn't bother with VIP for how much it costs. I have a bunch of friends that got VIP the last 2 years and for the most part they didnt spend much time in the VIP areas. There is so much going on around the festival I wouldn't want to feel obligated to spend time in the VIP areas.

Depending on what hotel you stay at, and what time you plan to stay at the festival until, the shuttles can be either shit, or not too bad. The festival runs until 5:30am, so if you plan to catch a shuttle at 5:30am, you end up waiting an hour for it. If you leave at 4:45-5am like we did every day for the last 2 years, sometimes you can walk right on or wait 15-20 minutes.

The best part of the shuttle is not having to fucking worry about it. You know theres going to be shuttles. You get on it, drink and party in a great atmosphere of like 75 other people going with you, and arrive at the festival. And man, the feeling you get stepping off that bus, with literally thousands of other people stepping off hundreds of busses with the festival lights and sounds waiting for you is magical. One of my favorite memories. And then when you're ready to leave, you know where the bus is, you get on it, and sleep for an hour on the ride back. I've done the shuttles 2 years and would definitely again.

From what I understand their current agreement with the speedway runs out in 2015. But there is talk of making it a double weekend festival starting in 2016 like Ultra/Coachella/Tomorrowland all are now. I don't think it will leave Vegas. There arent many places that can handle a festival that big, with 500,000 people pouring into the city for it.

Chronix 11-22-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 8559444)
The best part of the shuttle is not having to fucking worry about it. You know theres going to be shuttles. You get on it, drink and party in a great atmosphere of like 75 other people going with you, and arrive at the festival. And man, the feeling you get stepping off that bus, with literally thousands of other people stepping off hundreds of busses with the festival lights and sounds waiting for you is magical. One of my favorite memories. And then when you're ready to leave, you know where the bus is, you get on it, and sleep for an hour on the ride back. I've done the shuttles 2 years and would definitely again.

OMG this! I'm getting the feels again. We had singalongs in the shuttle and what not and then when you meet the same group of ppl on the same shuttle again. And the feelings everyone get when stepping off from the shuttle. It's nuts! Fucking awesome mate

nabs 11-22-2014 12:16 PM

Just an FYI for those getting Hotels for deals off the EDC site...

Mandalay Bay will try to screw you over and tell you that the hotel room you booked is not available because you got it for a good rate, they will try to downgrade your room when you get there.

Either stand your ground or don't deal with this Hotel at all. We were eventually able to get the hotel we booked at the rate we booked it at but after a little arguing.

RRxtar 11-22-2014 01:39 PM

Id recommend against Mandalay Bay anyway. I stayed there last year because of the pool (fucking awesome pool/beach) but theres no shade anywhere so you cant spend the day relaxing anyway. But there werent many choices for regular food, and everything else is way too far away down the strip.

And the shuttle pick up is like a 20 minute walk to the complete other end of the hotel/convention center. Not worth it, imo.

Had good luck with Aria the year before. It was cheaper and WAY nicer and central on the strip. Great pool for daytime relaxing. Best part was the shuttle lines were always considerably shorter than the other hotels.

Special K 11-23-2014 10:22 PM

Just booked Venetian! :fuckyea:

First timer here - do the tickets sell out within seconds (i.e. I have to check out quick) or do they usually sit for a few days?

nabs 11-23-2014 11:35 PM

they don't sell out right away. They are usually available for a while, cheapest tickets are right at the beginning though.

Special K 12-01-2014 11:07 AM

Waiting in line... Wtf

JSALES 12-01-2014 11:10 AM

my wait time is 13 mins

Special K 12-01-2014 11:14 AM

1 minute now... Going for 6 tickets lol

JHuJHu 12-01-2014 11:24 AM

15 min wait time of peace.

JSALES 12-01-2014 11:25 AM

wtf man, it said 1 min wait and then now i'm waiting 15 mins again

Special K 12-01-2014 11:47 AM

Wtf... Early tickets all gone. Now $388

JSALES 12-01-2014 11:50 AM

Have you got through yet? I'm still waiting

Special K 12-01-2014 11:54 AM

I got thru at 12:10pm with early tickets $367 but timed out because I needed to change to 5 tickets and deciding whether or not to pick up in the States.

After that... Got in at 12:35pm $388 so I didn't check out.

Trying one more time right now and I'm still wheeling.