REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-21-2014, 07:09 AM   #26
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
When will RS learn that Chinese Vancouverites aren't the only people with money for cars?

PLENTY money on the other side of the Fraser River.
Nothing exists beyond the realms of Richmond for a majority of the demographic on Revscene.
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #27
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
Lol some of you don't get out very much..
Old 11-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
this is pretty simple, mainland china is buying up Vancouver. All the rich white people are cashing out and buying big properties in Langley/Surrey. This really isn't much different when the HK Chinese bought up Richmond and pushed all the white people out to Ladner. Richmond used to be a white enclave.
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
This really isn't much different when the HK Chinese bought up Richmond and pushed all the white people out to Ladner. Richmond used to be a white enclave.
ha!

You`re bang on though. I have a bunch of clients in the Valley area with high end cars and it`s a PITA to have them towed into Vancouver every time they need servicing. Having the higher end manufacturers out that way just makes sense as there is a ton of wealth out that way.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #30
RS Veteran

The demographic in the Fraser Valley is out there.

Let's consider this:

Beyond the typical Surrey stereotype where it's all Indians and whatnot, there is also a large group of Whites living out in nicer parts of Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford and the like. Yes, I said White people, not Chinese, Taiwanese, Koreans and what have you.

These people are the conservative type, also known as WASPs - White Anglo-Saxon Protestents (throw in some Roman Catholics too.) These people have businesses beyond bubble tea shops, slave labour sweat shops, and factories pumping out iPhones and televisions. They are a growing class of people in itself and if any of you know how the City of Langley works, they abide to strict conservative social practices.

The city is growing at a rapid rate with a lot of development and a city hall run by conservative folks who abide by ancient laws and rules. And whether these laws and rules are right or wrong is another discussion in itself. Their property taxes are astronomical due to the rate of development in the city so there is a trade-off when it comes to purchasing property, but hey, you get the newer, neater of everything from roads, libraries, schools, community centres and recreational facilities. This is what makes Langley so attractive to many younger families, not exclusive to whites only.

More likely than not, I am missing a lot of facts, but they can be found on Langley's city hall website. Take a look at their numbers and facts/figures in addition to what you can find from their chamber of commerce. The Fraser Valley is an untapped market for luxury marques, so not every person out there is limited to Dodge Rams, Ford F150s and Toyota Tundras.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #31
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Some really great points, but I strongly agree with what White Rocket mentioned.

Kind of off-topic but since we are discussing BMW, Merc, Audi I thought I would chime in.

I was in the market for a new vehicle (BMW, Merc, or Audi) and decided to visit most of the dealerships without crossing a bridge with the exception to Knight Street bridge. It was mainly for convenience. Over 75% of the dealerships did not help or care to talk to me unless I approached and ask for help. I was okay with that, but when I did receive help it was half-ass'd and uninterested. I thought maybe I did not fit the "stereotype" or "clientele" which yields them their business, all good...time is money.

Anyway, I was fed up with it and decided to venture to Langley and I was treated much better which to me is better than saving a few hundred here and there. I don't know if it was because they are new dealerships and thirsty for clients, but every dealership I went to was very accommodating. Ended up picking my BMW last month and received a great experience and did not feel out of place.
vo_hantu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
LMAO.......that is all.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #33
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Lived in Langley for a year

>barf<

Barely urbanized hillbillies, single moms, and those without a shred of culture or creativity
Lol, culture.
This is hilarious coming from a former smut peddlar, a failed writer, and self proclaimed breeding ground for sexually transmitted disease. Just because you had a hard time finding good blow and hookers in Langley, doesnt make it a hillbilly enclave.

But keep trying to decieve yourself and others into thinking that you have the answers.

kthxbye.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #34
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
^^^

Multicartual posts are how I my get daily nutrition of irony. Good thing I can't OD on that.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #35
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Having grown up and lived in Langley for most of my life, I can confirm that there is a huge population of wealthy residents in and around it. South Langley (Brookswood and beyond right up to the border) as well as many residents on the Aldergrove and White Rock border is quite rich. The older parts of Fort Langley as well. As Dukes said (I think?), most are self-made business owners. Don't kid yourselves by thinking that money stops at the Richmond/Delta border, as that is so far from the truth, it's funny. No, they tend not to be as flashy as residents of other cities, but that's what I prefer. While you'll see the odd exotic driving down 200th, most of these people usually buy what they need and nothing more (think Old Money buying long lasting cars so they can stay being rich, rather than wasting money on buying a new car every year).
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #36
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
From the freeway to brookswood Langley is pretty dirtball, would never live in downtown Langley or around 56th/fraser highway
Old 11-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #37
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
That area is getting better but it definitely needs the type of attention that Surrey has shown in Whalley. Unfortunately, Langley City's leadership isn't strong and never has been so I don't expect to see any real improvement..
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #38
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
this is pretty simple, mainland china is buying up Vancouver. All the rich white people are cashing out and buying big properties in Langley/Surrey. This really isn't much different when the HK Chinese bought up Richmond and pushed all the white people out to Ladner. Richmond used to be a white enclave.
This. All the poor white people like Kelly Starchuk go on the news and bitch about "Chinese signs" and shit... meanwhile all the rich white people just sell their houses (usually for tons more than they paid), enjoy their gains and go elsewhere. I have a couple friends and family friends who have done exactly that. It's not exactly a race thing, as I am Asian and they obviously associate with me, but it's more of feeling like a foreigner in your own area. Not to mention the average wealthy white folk (Yaletown new-money excluded) are a lot more modest with wealth. I.e., buying a Honda Accord instead of a BMW for a daily driver because maintenance/repair costs are low and they can focus on buying fun stuff like cottages, boats, vacations... the whole "exotic" thing doesn't appeal to them as much I guess.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #39
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Langley also has the only Chuck E Cheese in BC and a pretty good Philly cheese steak place beside it.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #40
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Off topic but did anyone notice the OP's username change from "RevSeen" to "NotRevSeen" ?

Trademark Infringement
NotRevSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Lol, culture.
This is hilarious coming from a former smut peddlar, a failed writer, and self proclaimed breeding ground for sexually transmitted disease. Just because you had a hard time finding good blow and hookers in Langley, doesnt make it a hillbilly enclave.

But keep trying to decieve yourself and others into thinking that you have the answers.

kthxbye.
Wow, a little sensitive? I wonder where you live lol!
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #42
GS8

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts

Quote:
Richmond used to be a white enclave.
Still is. I see plenty of these

Spoiler!

That said, muscle car season in Langley / Fraser Valley

Much rather see a custom steel body 34 Ford 5 window Hot Rod over another F430.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #43
RS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, a little sensitive? I wonder where you live lol!
LOL!

Wait until he replies.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARANOiA-R34 View Post
This. All the poor white people like Kelly Starchuk go on the news and bitch about "Chinese signs" and shit... meanwhile all the rich white people just sell their houses (usually for tons more than they paid), enjoy their gains and go elsewhere. I have a couple friends and family friends who have done exactly that. It's not exactly a race thing, as I am Asian and they obviously associate with me, but it's more of feeling like a foreigner in your own area. Not to mention the average wealthy white folk (Yaletown new-money excluded) are a lot more modest with wealth. I.e., buying a Honda Accord instead of a BMW for a daily driver because maintenance/repair costs are low and they can focus on buying fun stuff like cottages, boats, vacations... the whole "exotic" thing doesn't appeal to them as much I guess.
I agree paranoia r34. All the people who have sold their van/Richmond home in the last 10yrs has made tons of cake. I don't feel too bad for the people who decided to move on. However, I was driving around the southwest side streets (adera and angus) around 41st and Granville recently and noticed all the gaudy led lite French style chateaus, they are so cheesy and out of place in the Neighbourhood. You could literally figure out where the Caucasian people lived vs the China Chinese lol!

From my experiences. most affluent Caucasian people in van buy resort property in whistler and pt Roberts, memberships to the arbutus club, and artwork, vs nouveau rich Asians who like to flaunt their wealth with cars, clothes, watches, and handbags
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Old 11-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #45
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post

Still is. I see plenty of these
Why Chinese Buyers Love Buick - Business Insider

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #46
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

As others have said it will serve not only Langley, but surrey, white rock, even abbotsford.
It just makes sense. People in these areas have to travel to richmond or vancouver to service their vehicles which is a pain - traffic/bridges/tolls. Langley is the perfect spot. Started off with the BMW dealership, now others are opening.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #47
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vo_hantu View Post
Some really great points, but I strongly agree with what White Rocket mentioned.

Kind of off-topic but since we are discussing BMW, Merc, Audi I thought I would chime in.

I was in the market for a new vehicle (BMW, Merc, or Audi) and decided to visit most of the dealerships without crossing a bridge with the exception to Knight Street bridge. It was mainly for convenience. Over 75% of the dealerships did not help or care to talk to me unless I approached and ask for help. I was okay with that, but when I did receive help it was half-ass'd and uninterested. I thought maybe I did not fit the "stereotype" or "clientele" which yields them their business, all good...time is money.

Anyway, I was fed up with it and decided to venture to Langley and I was treated much better which to me is better than saving a few hundred here and there. I don't know if it was because they are new dealerships and thirsty for clients, but every dealership I went to was very accommodating. Ended up picking my BMW last month and received a great experience and did not feel out of place.
so true. Nothing worse then going to the Richmond Automall or dealerships in richmond. Most of those dealerships esp BMW and Mercedes - salespeople were not helpful at all. Why deal with someone like me when they can easily sell to the typical richmond buyer. Quick sale, most expensive model etc. Some of the sales people lack basic english.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #48

Porsche deslership that opened up in Langley recently has sold signs on so many of their showcase cars. My gf's dad bought a macan and he lives in south Surrey. I noticed the neighbourhoods there are quite diverse (morgan heights area) Chinese, Euro, indian. There is a private school there as well so likely a reason for the diversity.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:46 PM   #49

Thanked 5,402 Times in 858 Posts
Southridge chicks.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #50
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
The most affluent individuals with liquid wealth in the lower Mainland still live in the Point Grey area and West Vancouver. New up and coming areas outside of the city might be nice and some what expensive but they still can't compare and personally I can never see areas of Surrey/Langley other other suburbs outside of the city become next the next enclaves for the ultra wealthy.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote