REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 11-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Speakers Cracking Noise

have this pretty old home theater system, that only has rca in and out. I just recently brought a 60" sony bravia which only has digital audio out. I love my old system so I decided to buy a converter so I could hook it up. I hooked everything up and all I can hear is a loud cracking from my speakers. I need help on setting this up right. Right now I'm running it using the headphone jack, but only the front 2 speakers work this way. I'd be fine with making all 5 of them work using the headphone jack
Advertisement
BrownBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #2

More pictures:
Old 11-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
It's impossible to tell which back panel belongs to what in your pictures, except for a few...

It looks like you have the right idea, but if there's static, then I'd start with troubleshooting individual components (converter, cables, etc.) to make sure it's not an equipment issue.

I've also had a similar issue in the past, and I solved mine (weirdly) by using a coaxial cable with an optical adapter on one end.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #5
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
That converter box isn't going to do anything for you in addition to your current equipment. The headphone output from your TV is sufficient, since your receiver only supports Dolby Pro Logic surround, which uses an analog stereo connection.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #6
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
This black friday , pick up a cheap soundbar and get rid of the 100 year old home theater. do your TV some justice!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #7

I have been planning on upgrading for some time now. I was considering buying this:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ.../10276479.aspx
Old 11-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #8
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Whenever people consider HTIAB solutions, I usually suggest them to get a higher quality sound bar with a wireless subwoofer.

You'll get much better sound with a good quality sound bar than a HTIAB solution for the equivalent price.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote