REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Chinese Kids Driving Supercars: Inside the Secret Southern California Meet-up (https://www.revscene.net/forums/699734-chinese-kids-driving-supercars-inside-secret-southern-california-meet-up.html)

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-21-2014 01:24 AM

Chinese Kids Driving Supercars: Inside the Secret Southern California Meet-up

HATERS GONNA HATE.

zilley 11-21-2014 01:43 AM

not hating at all, wish I was one.

multicartual 11-21-2014 01:43 AM

Green Lambo was fucking sick as all fucking hell holy fuck

asian_XL 11-21-2014 01:56 AM

"I go to grad school"

4 years later

"I am doing my PHD"

4 years after

"I can't find a job with my PHD, so my job now is working at Mcdonalds, but I still drive a Lambo to work"

Manic! 11-21-2014 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 8558884)
"I go to grad school"

4 years later

"I am doing my PHD"

4 years after

"I can't find a job with my PHD, so my job now is working at Mcdonalds, but I still drive a Lambo to work"

The gas cost would be more then their mcwage.

multicartual 11-21-2014 02:02 AM

Quote:

"I go to grad school"

4 years later

"I am doing my PHD"

4 years after

If you knew that there was no way you could ever be poor, how would you live?

It feels amazing. It is why I think in Canada we should have a minimum national income!

Having the time and money to do what you want pretty much when you want is an amazing way to live, I know from experience! It feels incredible to not have any set schedule, where you have no fears of your rent coming up, or car payment, or that you have to be at work at a certain time. You just live and money comes to you, you might have to do a little work for 5 mins a day, then still get like 10k a month. It is a crazy fucking experience and until you've had that level of freedom, it is hard to understand.

StylinRed 11-21-2014 02:03 AM

is that Sam Lee @ 0:08? (dj becareful)

multicartual 11-21-2014 02:03 AM

Imagine never having to pretend smile to your boss, a co-worker, client, or customer, ever!

Harvey Specter 11-21-2014 03:15 AM

Wish I was a child of a corrupt Chinese politician...

NKC ONE 11-21-2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8558887)

It feels amazing. It is why I think in Canada we should have a minimum national income!

Having the time and money to do what you want pretty much when you want is an amazing way to live, I know from experience! It feels incredible to not have any set schedule, where you have no fears of your rent coming up, or car payment, or that you have to be at work at a certain time. You just live and money comes to you, you might have to do a little work for 5 mins a day, then still get like 10k a month. It is a crazy fucking experience and until you've had that level of freedom, it is hard to understand.

When you actually get there, you'll have a whole new set of problems that will be even harder to understand.

GLOW 11-21-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

"I go to grad school"

4 years later

"I am doing my PHD"

4 years after

by that time if you can't find something better than mcd's, the PhD/masters must have been in basket weaving :lawl:

white rocket 11-21-2014 09:27 AM

Meh, it`s no secret. Rich Asians coming to North America to get a good education while enjoying their parents wealth. I`m only hating on them when they drive like fucking idiots around me.

Excelsis 11-21-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NKC ONE (Post 8558900)
When you actually get there, you'll have a whole new set of problems that will be even harder to understand.

that's why you're broke :suspicious:

boostfever 11-21-2014 09:58 AM

meh. arabs ship their P1 and laferrari to london and paris in summer, THEN to LA when it gets cold in Europe. is this supposed to be impressive now?

SkinnyPupp 11-21-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8558879)

HATERS GONNA HATE.

Someone's mad :whistle:

Hondaracer 11-21-2014 10:24 AM

Uliq longs to drive a 350,000k car and go to box socials dancing around a $15 strobe light taking selfies

So jelly bro

pastarocket 11-21-2014 10:25 AM

Trust fund babies that are showing off their cars that their parents bought for them. No wonder some youth have this sense of entitlement these days.

Epic fail for these parents! :heckno:

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-21-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8558974)
Uliq longs to drive a 350,000k car and go to box socials dancing around a $15 strobe light taking selfies

So jelly bro

lol better than sitting in some crappy bar watching the game.

Hondaracer 11-21-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8559120)
lol better than sitting in some crappy bar watching the game.

honestly, the lives most of these kids live [at least according to the pics they post via social media, instagram etc.] are pretty fucking boring

yea, i'd trade places if it was just a matter of money coming to me, but making 80K a year and spending my time hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, and essentially going to places and doing things the vast majority of these kids will never do or even want to do makes me content.

Could they afford to do these things? oh no doubt, but they dont. yea they've seen first class on long haul flights and expensive dinners they couldnt appreciate, but have they experianced shit like this:

highly doubt it. Life is about experiances, and yea money can provide ya all the freedom you need to live it up, but being sent to north america to go to school for 15 years and drive around to parking lots with your buddies aint living it up to me.

Instagram is a good source of finding incredibly wealthy people and getting a glimpse at the lives they live. I'm a lot more jealous of some of these cardiologists who have 7 figure wine cellars than some kid living in a studio appt but has a lambo.

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-21-2014 03:25 PM

yeah but you're comparing adults to kids...
lol.

the difference is they don't want to do those things... they wanna stand around in some dance hall with blinking lights taking pics and showing off... that's the experience they want.

the difference is just in money and values. and they got the money to fulfill their values.

Z3guy 11-21-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8558887)

I think for anyone who has to make their own fortune, the lifestyle of these kids live looks unbelievable. However, although their lifestyles are luxurious, they are always going to be their parent's bitch. Would you like someone telling you what to study? Who your gf/wife should be? Who your buddies should be? Asian parents give their kids tons of money to control them and to show off. Always pros and cons

Vale46Rossi 11-21-2014 04:58 PM

Coo

NKC ONE 11-21-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha v2 (Post 8558955)
that's why you're broke :suspicious:

I choose to live like I'm broke. Brings a little more meaning to life and a continuous challenge to save and cut costs. A whole new set of problems but a bitch ain't one I guess.

Timpo 11-21-2014 07:38 PM

At least I saw Liberty Walk M4.

Chinese people used to collect bone stock European cars.

asian_XL 11-21-2014 09:55 PM

Hyde gonna hate for sure. He only got to show off his CGT on RS, where nobody cares.