REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:28 PM   #251
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
lmao a sample of one post from some anon with no proof of his hours or circumstances.

if this is your "proof" ur a fucking retard.
Advertisement
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:17 PM   #252
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
<10% wage increase equates to 50% reduction in hours and several layoffs at one job site.

Yeah ... Okay ...

If true, there's likely a much larger influence that just happened to coincide with the wage increase (e.g. poor financial performances leading up to it that resulted in management taking a closer look at efficiencies or lack there of).
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #253
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
How would 14 dolla bolla live in B.C. if the minimum wage wasn't raised to $15/hr?
Old 03-15-2015, 10:20 PM   #254
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
Exactly. If the gov't scrapped/reformed the TFW program I argue that they wouldn't have to change the minimum wage; rather, the labour market would adjust themselves accordingly to entice Canadian workers by raising their wage to something more "livable". Go to any Tim Hortons or McD and what do you see? Plenty of TFWs with jobs that could be given to Canadians. It's fail logic to hire people from abroad to fill jobs with a pay so low that the average 16-22 year old won't work there, when forcing companies to hire Canadians and refusing them the safety net of the TFW program would make them increase their wages anyway...
Or simply set a max % of you are allow to hire in as TFW. Something like TWF can't be more than 5% of your company total full time employee. This would force companies to either move some of their PT to FT to fill the hours or hire more local residents.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #255
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
That thread hurts my head. Everything from the first post down to the anti-Liberalism.

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:12 AM   #256
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Given what's going on in the US, and the current bitching in the "Vancouver mass exodus" thread. I thought it would be fitting to bump this...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:36 PM   #257
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
you know, there really is no reason that fast food cant be almost completely automated.

Id rather pay $6 for a burger from an automated system than $13 for the same burger that some over privileged dick head born after 1999 earning $15/hour half assedly made.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:33 PM   #258
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
so seattle raised the minimum wage because they couldnt afford a cup of starbucks??? fuck sakes

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:56 PM   #259
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
so seattle raised the minimum wage because they couldnt afford a cup of starbucks??? fuck sakes
"Starting April 1, all businesses must begin to phase in the wage increase: Small employers have seven years to pay all employees at least $15 hourly; large employers (with 500 or more employees) have three"

People who get paid at minimum wage only see the benefit of getting a larger paid check but they don't realize their jobs are replaceable at anytime. This will even accelerate the large corporates & chain stores to phase in automated system with only 1 or 2 supervisor standby.

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2015, 08:22 PM   #260
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
$15 hour min wage. Crazy. People think Vancouver is expensive, they haven't been to Seattle.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:56 PM   #261
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I remember when I worked my first job $6.75 an hour o boy... now your telling me that you're trying to get $15 an hour, man I worked my butt off when it was 6.75..
JShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2015, 09:11 PM   #262
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShifter View Post
I remember when I worked my first job $6.75 an hour o boy... now your telling me that you're trying to get $15 an hour, man I worked my butt off when it was 6.75..

I dug ditches and helped build several of the trails in Mundy park, in the rain, during a cold-ass spring back in like 1996.

Worst fucking job, ever.

$7 an hour!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #263
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/world/rise-...jobs-1.3093319
Quote:
Rise of the 'precariat,' the global scourge of precarious jobs
Barely one in four of the global workforce has a stable job, UN reports
2:06 PM ET
Brian Stewart, CBC News
Share this story

With relatively little notice, the world passed a modern milestone recently, one that makes any yearning for more stable times seem very farfetched — the global jobless total passed 200 million.

To help put that in perspective, that's 30 million more without work than at the height of the global recession in 2008, according to the UN report that crunched the numbers.

This is a shocker on its own. But even more ominous is the growing precariousness of the job situation for those that have them, according to the UN study, "The changing nature of jobs."

Watch The National: More Canadians facing part-time jobs, lower wages
Secure jobs in short supply in Canada's tough labour market
It warns of "widespread insecurity" spreading as momentum shifts from societies with full-time jobs to shaky short-term employment across much of the globe.

Another scary fact the study unearths is how many people these days have stable work contracts of any kind. That's barely one in four of the globe's workforce.

The overwhelming majority of people on the planet struggle with temporary work, informal or illegal jobs, long spells of unemployment and unpaid family work.

In other words, most are caught in a disadvantageous spiral where exploitation is a real risk.

Wave of refugees

Want more perspective on how today's world works? Much of temporary work simply can't sustain families anymore and one quarter of the world's workforce earns around $2 a day.

As the UN report notes, mass unemployment and underemployment puts steady downward pressure on wages — along with increasing child labour, estimated conservatively at 73 million, many working in near slave conditions.

Especially worrisome is the fact that neither political nor economic leaders seem to have answers.

For something appears to have gone very wrong in an era that pinned so many hopes on globalization and high-tech solutions, large and small, but which seems instead to have reinforced the trend towards social instability.

Rise of the precariat

What was once viewed as a passing crisis now seems to be the new normal, producing deep psychological unease within the workforce and growing inequality between those with stable incomes and those without.

Global financial officials are worried to the point they've again started using the term "hysteresis," borrowed from physics, to warn that long-established unemployment is becoming "structural" and therefore harder to correct, as the jobless lose skills and companies grow addicted to cheaper, temporary labour.

Laid-off Walmart employees rally outside a location in Los Angeles that was closed earlier this year on very short notice, while workers were agitating for better conditions and pay. (REUTERS)
The Paris-based Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development, often called the developed world's think tank, describes this ugly phenomenon as the rise of the precariat — a play on the working-class proletariat and meaning those trapped in precarious lives with neither material nor psychological welfare.

In this situation, already tense areas of the world will almost certainly become more turbulent.

The Middle East and North Africa, for example, have the highest youth unemployment in the world, close to 30 per cent.

And there, as in much of the less-developed world, it is the more educated young people, those with degrees, who have highest rates of job insecurity.

What forward movement?

This growing global joblessness helps explain the rash of risk-all migrations we've seen these last several years, as well as the expansion of extremist doctrines in what some analysts call the age of terror.

But while the number of those migrating in search of work keeps rising, the doors of prosperous receiving nations are slamming shut because they have their own job crises — 18 million jobless in Europe now — as well as angry workforces and populist parties insisting low-wage migrants will only make matters worse.

Jobless workers queue at the employment centre to open in Sintra, Portugal, in May 2015, where the unemployment rate neared 14 per cent and is almost double that for young people. (REUTERS)
The reality is that many societies today, including the prosperous ones like Australia and Canada, face greater social inequality as the shift to a "hire and fire culture" of temporary workers lowers the chances of those toiling on low wages to move up the economic ladder.

The situation is likely worse than we think. For the "quality" of Canadian employment — meaning less job security and fewer benefits — is currently at a 25-year low, 10 per cent below what it was in the 1990s, according to the latest CIBC work quality index.

Even in the glittering horseshoe of Southern Ontario, barely half of working adults have full-time permanent jobs, and almost all job growth now seems only to expand the insecure work, the kind that has little prospect of outstripping inflation.

It's hard to escape the feeling that even as our societies grow richer we are, bizarrely, looping backwards.

"The GDP per capita keeps going up. The problem is that we're not sharing the wealth at all equitably," says Wayne Lewchuk of McMaster University who researches precarious employment. "In many ways we've gone back to a 1920s mentality"

The Twenties did not have an encouraging outcome, as we know.

Still, looking at these striking global trends in joblessness and precarious work, as well as at the soaring refugee numbers and widening inequality, it's difficult to get around the nagging feeling that this century's forward movement has stalled and is on slippery ground.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #264
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
^^^ Excellent, more 18 year olds to suck cock for money + profit from!!!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:20 AM   #265
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Not sure if I should fail or thank this post. Or both.

[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:45 AM   #266
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I don't get it? the people who want the $15 an hour why not move over to Seattle? I'm pretty sure someone already said this in the thread, growing up I was taught that if you can't get what you want then work for it and just don't sit still until someone comes around and fixes your problem. Fix your problem yourself...
JShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:53 AM   #267
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
i bet you're going to pay them $15/hr

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:01 AM   #268
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShifter View Post
I don't get it? the people who want the $15 an hour why not move over to Seattle? I'm pretty sure someone already said this in the thread, growing up I was taught that if you can't get what you want then work for it and just don't sit still until someone comes around and fixes your problem. Fix your problem yourself...
because 'best place on earth'
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #269
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
I dug ditches and helped build several of the trails in Mundy park, in the rain, during a cold-ass spring back in like 1996.

Worst fucking job, ever.

$7 an hour!
The job you mentioned will be getting paid higher and higher as the new generation prefer office job with relaxing & comfortable environment plus they think they are over-qualified for this type of job nature.

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:14 PM   #270
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
lol my first job, i remember that the owner asked if i could volunteer two hours a day/three times a week to see if i'm good enough to be hired.

did that for a couple weeks then worked a few hundred hours at the $6/hr training wage.
shit was real.
was still happy cus i was finally making some $$$$$$$
$120 every other week = baller status in gr10 lulz
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2015, 12:22 PM   #271
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
sure, if your clientele is into BJ vids from scurvy 3rd world youth.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #272
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Man these kids these days with their first jobs.

I was happy at age 16, working at McD @ their training wage of $6.75/hr.

Worked my ass off for 2 yrs there and leaving the place making $9.50. I was happy enough to have a job and saved up to buy my first car.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote