REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 12-08-2014, 06:17 AM   #26
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post

That's what voicemail is for, unless you sound like a duck.
I hate it when ppl call me when I am busy (at work or out with friends chatting or worse when I am in the washroom taking a shit).

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 12-08-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:40 AM   #27
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
this needs to be a poll.

also op what did you end up doing... call or text?
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #28
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
You guys are idiots. Everyone knows the best way to do it for maximum clarity is to get two phones and talk while texting exactly what you are saying so the tone is there along with the subtitles. That'll show her.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #29
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Call dude

It projects that you don't got a vagina and doesn't give her the time to think about how to shoot you down.

It's harder to reject somebody through talk
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #30
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Call dude

It projects that you don't got a vagina and doesn't give her the time to think about how to shoot you down.

It's harder to reject somebody through talk
hahahah this is true... that's why I like texting
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #31
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Also curious what OP ended up doing!
I say call if you're arranging a date, especially first date. It shows more interest and effort. After that, text is fine, but the odd call is nice. Sometimes hearing the voice of the person you're dating can make you smile. Text if you're just saying 'hi' or seeing how their day is going or something benign.
Pegacorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #32
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I always text for first contact then once contact has been established I call them work my magic and set a date up.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #33
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I personally text message them until I know them well enough to casually call them
_cnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #34
I subscribe to Revscene

Text doesn't always warrant a response lol
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #35
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
If you're trying to get a first (or second) date, I would call... calling puts people on the spot, and they are forced to come up with an answer "right now". Basically, it's harder to reject someone when you're talking to them in person. Whereas, with text, you don't even have to respond. And you can wait for hours to come up with the perfect excuse. Voice doesn't give the other person that luxury.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 09:09 AM   #36
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann View Post
Text doesn't always warrant a response lol
If they don't text you back.. they're not into you.
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 10:56 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
But if she texts back an extra "y" at the end of "heyy" then she must want the D

Cadillac CTS (Current)
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #38
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
But if she texts back an extra "y" at the end of "heyy" then she must want the D
and 3 smiley faces
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:13 PM   #39

^ three chins or three smiley faces ?

Cadillac CTS (Current)
Old 01-12-2015, 12:39 PM   #40
RS controls my life!

if she has 3 chins you don't want a heyyyy

or maybe you do I dunno.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #41
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:45 AM   #42
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
so do you call it quits?

or do you persists?
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:52 AM   #43
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann View Post
so do you call it quits?

or do you persists?
Most guys that are persistent and keep texting 90% of the time get lead on or friendzoned.

I'd say you'd have a much better chance of the girl texting you back if you stopped.. it might take a while but she'll text you :P

from personal and friends experiences.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2015, 11:44 AM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
I send letters.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:08 PM   #45
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
stand outside her window with a handful of pebbles and a guitar

throw a few rocks at her window, when she comes out start strumming the guitar and singing "ooooh baby I love the way" by peter frampton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
I send letters.
How do you send dick pics via mail? Do you just trace the general outline of it onto the back of the letter?
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:32 PM   #46
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
I'd say you'd have a much better chance of the girl texting you back if you stopped.. it might take a while but she'll text you :P
Translation: a while as in never.
fourthavenuecafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #47
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Most guys that are persistent and keep texting 90% of the time get lead on or friendzoned.

from personal and friends experiences.
A guy is only getting "friendzoned" or lead on because she isn't interested in the first place. If she's interested she is going to love the shit out of a guy who texts her all the time. Persistence is only unattractive if you're not attracted to them. Not texting her is not going to make her like you and text back unless she already was into you. It might get her to text you back if she misses having you to lead on.

The difference between creepy and charming is the level of attraction you feel towards someone.
Pegacorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2015, 09:02 AM   #48
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegacorn View Post
A guy is only getting "friendzoned" or lead on because she isn't interested in the first place. If she's interested she is going to love the shit out of a guy who texts her all the time. Persistence is only unattractive if you're not attracted to them. Not texting her is not going to make her like you and text back unless she already was into you. It might get her to text you back if she misses having you to lead on.

The difference between creepy and charming is the level of attraction you feel towards someone.
This is very true^^
but also, a lot of guys missed their chance because they were too afraid to ask me out, so we remained friends. They told me later how they felt but it was already too late.
But like you said, when my bf and I started dating (and the few weeks leading up to it) we would text each other everyday almost all day and I started ignoring other people until they basically gave up. Even now I get get excited when I see a text from him on my phone.
I'm not trying to be a conceited bitch or anything, I think girls are really complicated but then again, so are boys.
If a girl is really into someone the guy loses interest, it seems like there is always one person more into the relationship than the other.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:28 AM   #49
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
This is very true^^
but also, a lot of guys missed their chance because they were too afraid to ask me out, so we remained friends. They told me later how they felt but it was already too late.
But like you said, when my bf and I started dating (and the few weeks leading up to it) we would text each other everyday almost all day and I started ignoring other people until they basically gave up. Even now I get get excited when I see a text from him on my phone.
I'm not trying to be a conceited bitch or anything, I think girls are really complicated but then again, so are boys.
If a girl is really into someone the guy loses interest, it seems like there is always one person more into the relationship than the other.
bolded part is 100% true

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:57 PM   #50
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
I'd easily lose interest for several reasons:

to clingy - wanna text all day? sure, but don't make it a habit to text non stop. if i haven't replied yet, dont keep sending me texts. I will read and reply when I've time.

sleeping - If it gets to that point, and you wanna cuddle...sure. but if I'm pulling hair out of my mouth non stop and try to reposition myself so i can get hair free but only to have you adjust yourself right after I'm done leaving me pulling hair out of my eyes/mouth/nose/facial hair then I'm going to get fed up if it continues all night leaving me without sleep.

PDA - no....sorry, but no. we dont have to walk down the streets or through a mall like nuns keeping our hands to ourself, but I honestly dont want to make out with you at every bench we come across or have to hold your hand the whole time. If we're not holding hands, and you find it necessary to wrap your arms around me like we're hugging while walking....thats going to be the last time we go walking around like that. I'll instantly lose interest the moment the night is over.

there may be one person whos more into it than the other, but the person who's into it more is probably smothering the other person to the point where they just want to run away.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: