REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:05 AM   #226
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
this is what i clearly state, i didn't say just walk out without saying anything, that would then be dine and dash.

what i described is not something many people will do because it's way below anyone who even have a little bit of moral and decency.

what I described in my original post is not consider a stupid advice. you and everybody who had no idea should probably know and/or do some research on your right as a paying customer at a restaurant. it's also not an advice that came out of my ass or i dug up on, my buddy who graduated from criminology told me about it. something to do with the charter of rights. most services or products where you pay after receiving it, you are in every control and right to not pay for it if you're not satisfied because there is no binding contract between you and seller that you must pay. phone bill, rent, etc. is where you must pay because you signed a contract/agreement.

if you find anything (bug, hair, etc.) in your food, it's better leaving than having the chef make you a new one. personally, i would not give food safety and hygiene a second chance.

the OP described that his food was served cold and had every right in his position to not pay for the food, which goes accurately to what i described and advised. in this case, i would give the chef a second chance to make a new one and if repeat, then i would just tell the waiter/waitress goodbye.

to everybody else, yes, at the end of your meal, you can find any excuse with your food and just leave the restaurant. only down side is, you will not be allowed at that restaurant again (or any other, if it's a franchise) and you will create a big scene unless you throw a dead fly on your plate at the end of your meal because no waiter/waitress/manager would want a big scene about a bug in their food, they rather let you go in silence.
are you indirectly calling yourself a piece of shit
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2014, 12:12 AM   #227
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
the fact is that you did do it. you ate yours and you walked out without paying. although it was only your buddies food that was messed up.

the fact that you order and eat their food is implication that you will pay for the goods. just like how you would pay for groceries at the end. just because you picked up a can thats dent, you don't walk out with the whole basket/buggy full. you would go back and pick up another can just like you would request your food to be remade or whatever solution that you and the business can come up with that satisfy your needs.

i am talking that most establishment won't even venture the thought of spitting or doing anything stupid to your food. they will just remake your food and thats it. the fact that you are paranoid that they will do something to your food stems from media. not saying that it doesn't happen, but not as often as you think it does.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 12:16 AM   #228
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
are you indirectly calling yourself a piece of shit
Honestly, I sometimes am a piece of shit. When it comes to business where I am buying, I give little to no tolerance to mistakes/flaws/damages/misrepresentation/rudeness/the list goes on.

I'm sure everybody has there personal preference in things in their life that probably makes them a piece of shit. Don't you?

Anyways, this thread is not about me, so I don't know why y'all make it look like it is. I give a heads up, y'all can take it with a grain of salt or what not. There is no need for judgmental comments as I have made none whatsoever, but if it helps you sleep better at night, or boost your ego/pride/e-peen/whatever, then feel free, since this is the internet, and I really don't care how people view me or any situation.

Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
the fact is that you did do it. you ate yours and you walked out without paying. although it was only your buddies food that was messed up.

the fact that you order and eat their food is implication that you will pay for the goods. just like how you would pay for groceries at the end. just because you picked up a can thats dent, you don't walk out with the whole basket/buggy full. you would go back and pick up another can just like you would request your food to be remade or whatever solution that you and the business can come up with that satisfy your needs.

i am talking that most establishment won't even venture the thought of spitting or doing anything stupid to your food. they will just remake your food and thats it. the fact that you are paranoid that they will do something to your food stems from media. not saying that it doesn't happen, but not as often as you think it does.
First, if there is something wrong with his food, what makes me think that there wasn't something wrong with me. The fact that I ate it, and didn't even had a chance to check it, is what pissed me off. When I saw that strand of hair, I literally gagged and wanted to puke. You think I wanted to eat and complain and not pay? You think I was actually pride about not paying? You're talking as if I am not an honest customer and just intentionally wants to complain about my food and leave. If the waitress insisted that I give her back what I ate, I'd be happy to. The waitress didn't get her tip, the restaurant lost out on a $3 to-make meal, and I ate a meal that probably has some shit in it. You think any side won in my situation? No. I just wanted to go to a restaurant, eat a decent, well prepared meal, with the sense that it was prepared with care, not the fact of knowing that the chef did not wear a hairnet, gloves, apron, etc.

Likewise, many people will not even have the thought about making up some excuses that there is something wrong with the food and not pay. Who does that?

What I was stating was what you can do and what your rights are as a customer. Sure, you can make up excuses, but nobody does that... it's indecent, immoral, it's a shame. Also, who the hell pays for food that have shit in it or is not what they ordered? Nobody. How much tolerance you give the restaurant to remake your dish and satisfy you is totally up to you. Just because you have more tolerance than I do, doesn't make what I choose to do wrong when in reality, it's not even against the law to not pay for your food.

Last edited by mr_chin; 12-30-2014 at 12:27 AM.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:45 AM   #229
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
i don't know about you, but i look at the food before i shove it into my mouth.

i never made claim on your personality, i just simply said what you did is just not cool beans in my books.

i can understand the no tip part, and thats about all i agree with you there. unless the manager said that my meal was comped, i'd still pay for what was brought to me. if they wanted to remake my meal, and i would still pay, that is also perfectly fine with me as well.

the fact is, the restaurant didn't just lose out on a $3 to make meal. you need to factor in the cost of labour and goods that goes into every plate thats made. to you its simply $3, but to a business, it could mean cutting people to shutting down based on lost sales. yea your one plate may not have been much to you in your eyes, but when you look at from their point of view, lost sales throughout the day, through out the month plus wasted goods, it all adds up.

both sides could have won in your situation if both parties were happy at the end of the day. and unfortunately, you nor the manager of the establishment had achieved that.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 12:47 AM   #230
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
This thread is almost as good as the Ihop pancakes I had yesterday morning
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 06:03 AM   #231
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
If you know your not gona like it after the first bite, then YES, I would tell your waiter/waitress that its not good and your just gona leave... DONT eat it all or just like few bites and then make a complaint and leave... thats just fucking retarded...
Old 12-30-2014, 07:45 AM   #232
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Hey, don't get all butthurt on me. Read what I wrote about where I learned it, before you start spewing your rage.
I did read what you wrote, and frankly your friends stupid opinion became your stupid opinion when you decided to walk out of a restaurant without paying for the food you consumed. So I don't give a shit where you learned it, in fact if anything it makes it worse that you blindly just trust your friend without any sort of common sense as to how idiotic what your friend has said.

My buddy went to Civil Engineering, does that mean I should blindly trust him on how to build the new Massey Bridge?

Quote:
If you're deciding not to pay, obviously you're not going to be cocky about it. Like I said, many many people don't have the decency or immoral to eat, complain and leave, so chill out bro. It is what it is.
Right so the difference between theft and what your doing, is the fact that you aren't cocky about it...

Quote:
It is what it is.
Such a stupid saying, of course it is what it is, until it isn't. Then it's something else, and that something else is called theft.

Quote:
What do you mean "but I would still have to legally pay for the meal"? If you walk into a restaurant, ordered a meal, and it didn't come as described on the menu, you would pay for it? If they served your food on a plunger, used condoms, used panties, you'd still pay for it?
You tell me the last time you were served a meal on a bed of condoms, and I'll tell you the last time I paid for such a meal. What a stupid example.

Quote:
However, customers have the right to return products for full refund within 2 years of purchasing product unless there is written agreement that states the duration of refund/exchange or no refund/exchange.
The first factual thing you have said... and your fucking wrong. There is no such period. In fact the store can deny you a refund even if you never leave the store with the product, as long as it doesn't go against their policies. The only exception to this is that if the products were found to be defective.

In which case if you refer yourself to here:

CBA British Columbia - 257

It clearly explains that:
1. There is no set period for defective goods, only what is considered "reasonable".

2. The store has every right to reject your return and not issue a refund. In which case it is your responsibility to submit that shit IN WRITING, and if that goes nowhere and they still reject your ass, you basically have to sue to get your money back. You will probably win, if you actually have a case, but I'm willing to bet that if it ever made it this far, you likely won't have a winning case.

Quote:
Whether buying products at a mall or getting service from a restaurant, the same rule applies for customers. Eating at a restaurant, and later discovering that there is something wrong with the food, is similar to getting a full refund.
No its not, because at the moment you realized your food was inadequate it was your duty and responsibility to cease using (eating the food in this case), and report it to the manager. If you had a hair in your food, you don't eat the meal around it, then leave without paying because there was a hair in your food.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:52 AM   #233
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
This thread is almost as good as the Ihop pancakes I had yesterday morning
On a positive note, this thread gives me hope for second chances.

Just when you thought the thread was dead, a member single-handedly resurrects it back to life.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 09:55 AM   #234
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
^ stupidity sure is entertaining
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 10:46 AM   #235
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
mr_chin you posted the link to the section about unsolicited goods and services, which a meal you ordered in a restaurant is not.

From the very first line:

Quote:
"unsolicited goods or services" means goods or services that are supplied to a consumer who did not request them
Quote:
If you walk into a restaurant, ordered a meal, and it didn't come as described on the menu, you would pay for it? If they served your food on a plunger, used condoms, used panties, you'd still pay for it?
Of course I would, but they usually charge extra for the panties.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #236
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,324 Times in 5,641 Posts
Honestly, it's embarrassing that people conduct themselves like this.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #237
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I once order a whopper from Burger King. The burger was poorly made (there was stuff coming out and sauce everywhere), is also cold. Since it was a take out. I just ate it.

Went back to complain to the manager about this. Explain to him basically I wasn't looking for a free meal coz I ate it already but just want to make sure he is aware of the shitty food I was getting.

Next time I went he gave me a free meal. It all depends on how well you handle it. Seems like OP is acting like a child.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 02:06 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I did read what you wrote, and frankly your friends stupid opinion became your stupid opinion when you decided to walk out of a restaurant without paying for the food you consumed. So I don't give a shit where you learned it, in fact if anything it makes it worse that you blindly just trust your friend without any sort of common sense as to how idiotic what your friend has said.

My buddy went to Civil Engineering, does that mean I should blindly trust him on how to build the new Massey Bridge?

Right so the difference between theft and what your doing, is the fact that you aren't cocky about it...

Such a stupid saying, of course it is what it is, until it isn't. Then it's something else, and that something else is called theft.

You tell me the last time you were served a meal on a bed of condoms, and I'll tell you the last time I paid for such a meal. What a stupid example.

The first factual thing you have said... and your fucking wrong. There is no such period. In fact the store can deny you a refund even if you never leave the store with the product, as long as it doesn't go against their policies. The only exception to this is that if the products were found to be defective.

In which case if you refer yourself to here:

CBA British Columbia - 257

It clearly explains that:
1. There is no set period for defective goods, only what is considered "reasonable".

2. The store has every right to reject your return and not issue a refund. In which case it is your responsibility to submit that shit IN WRITING, and if that goes nowhere and they still reject your ass, you basically have to sue to get your money back. You will probably win, if you actually have a case, but I'm willing to bet that if it ever made it this far, you likely won't have a winning case.

No its not, because at the moment you realized your food was inadequate it was your duty and responsibility to cease using (eating the food in this case), and report it to the manager. If you had a hair in your food, you don't eat the meal around it, then leave without paying because there was a hair in your food.
You're just on a lecturing frenzy huh? You're on like 5 different topics here... and I don't really feel like addressing each and everyone of them. The bottom line is, you have your preference in dealing your pet peeves and I have mine. You'd probably cuss at whoever that doesn't hold the door behind them for you, and I could go on a frenzy saying how you're an asshole thinking that, but hey... it's your life, just as it is mine... so chill bro, there are more important problems in your life to solve, than to try and solve mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
mr_chin you posted the link to the section about unsolicited goods and services, which a meal you ordered in a restaurant is not.

From the very first line:

Of course I would, but they usually charge extra for the panties.
The whole page, not just Division 3. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Prohibition and burden of proof

9 (1) A supplier must not commit or engage in an unconscionable act or practice in respect of a consumer transaction.

(2) If it is alleged that a supplier committed or engaged in an unconscionable act or practice, the burden of proof that the unconscionable act or practice was not committed or engaged in is on the supplier.
Quote:
Remedy for an unconscionable act or practice

10 (1) Subject to subsection (2), if an unconscionable act or practice occurred in respect of a consumer transaction, that consumer transaction is not binding on the consumer or guarantor.

(2) If a court determines that an unconscionable act or practice occurred in respect of a consumer transaction that is a mortgage loan, as defined in section 57 [definitions], the court may do one or more of the following:

(a) reopen the transaction and take an account between the supplier and the consumer or guarantor;

(b) despite any statement or settlement of account or any agreement purporting to close previous dealings and create a new obligation, reopen any account already taken and relieve the consumer from any obligation to pay the total cost of credit at a rate in excess of the prevailing prime rate;

(c) order the supplier to repay any excess that has been paid or allowed by the consumer or guarantor;

(d) set aside all or part of, or alter, any agreement made or security given in respect of the transaction and, if the supplier has parted with the security, order the supplier, to indemnify the consumer;

(e) suspend the rights and obligations of the parties to the transaction.
Unsolicited goods is to protect customers who didn't order something or something came that is not as described.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #239
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
so chill bro, there are more important problems in your life to solve, than to try and solve mine.
Nope I got no problems in my life.

Spoiler!

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #240
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
OP, was this you?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #241
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
^ that's fucking amazing hahahah
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #242
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
What the fuck am I reading in this thread?

Quote:
Unsolicited goods is to protect customers who didn't order something or something came that is not as described.
Unconscionable.

It doesn't cover things like a single strand of hair managing to fall through a hair net or a meal arriving cold; rather, it's for instances like where someone decides to jizz on your food before serving it or purposely preloads a ton of kiddy porn on a laptop you're buying because you refused to buy an extended warranty or some shit like that.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #243
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Lomac, are you fucking serious?

Spoiler!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 12-30-2014 at 06:15 PM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 06:54 PM   #244
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
This is the key to the whole thing.

If your food is so bad that it's not worth paying for, THEN DON'T FUCKING EAT IT. If you eat it anyway, you're implicitly saying that it's really not that bad after all.

Judge Judy would come down from her bench and walk over and smack OP and chin up both sides of their stupid heads if they tried to bring this argument to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #245

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
anyone on here actually know mr_chin? fuck this guy comes off like a self entitled douche fob. too many of them running around here acting like annoying little shits..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I once order a whopper from Burger King. The burger was poorly made (there was stuff coming out and sauce everywhere), is also cold. Since it was a take out. I just ate it.

Went back to complain to the manager about this. Explain to him basically I wasn't looking for a free meal coz I ate it already but just want to make sure he is aware of the shitty food I was getting.

Next time I went he gave me a free meal. It all depends on how well you handle it. Seems like OP is acting like a child.

you serious? its fucking fast food. thats how it always is... were you expecting it to look like the model pictures? jeez.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #246
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
you serious? its fucking fast food. thats how it always is... were you expecting it to look like the model pictures? jeez.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #247
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

^

das not it mane
Old 12-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #248

ok thats pretty bad lol
Old 12-31-2014, 12:50 AM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
anyone on here actually know mr_chin? fuck this guy comes off like a self entitled douche fob. too many of them running around here acting like annoying little shits..
The guy that hasn't used insults and name calling is the douche, but you're the nicest one here all of a sudden... how ironic. And how can someone in a forum be annoying? Unless you go around reading all his shit I guess.

First it was a discussion about customers rights in a restaurants, then suddenly it's all about my story at Denny's. Then more people chime in half way without even reading how all this shit even began. Then suddenly, I'm the douche. What have I directly done to you? Lol, too funny.

And why would you ask if anyone knows me? Please don't jump me bro.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #250

just wondering if you're another self entitled fob or not..

but the point here is that you talked to the waitress/management and it was agreed upon that the meal would be comp'd. thats fine. but you cant just go into a restaurant, eat half your plate say the food is cold, has a hair in it or that its radioactive and just get up and walk out or pay $2 less than the total of the bill because that's how you see fit. its morally and legally wrong.
This post thanked by: