REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #201
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
fuck no stuffed french toast is where its at!!
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #202
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Damn, a little late to the discussion.

You do know that you have the right to not pay for food that is not up to your expectations right? It is not against the law nor a crime to walk out of a restaurant after eating the food, and claim that you are dissatisfied with it. The worst they can do is not welcome you to their business again.

I ate at the Denny's with a buddy on marine drive once. I ordered a breakfast, finished it, and my buddy found a curly strand of hair in his omelette... he didn't know what to do and all confused. The waitress insist she replace his meal, I told her not to... we're just gonna leave without paying, she's like "ok". Free breakfast for me, free hot chocolate for my buddy, drove down the street to white spot and my buddy got an egg benedict.

For me, if I find there is shit in my food or if my food is not prepared like it should (hot, cooked, etc.) I'd just leave. If there is something wrong with it, there will probably be something wrong again, but without you noticing it especially after you complained.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:45 PM   #203
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post

I ate at the Denny's with a buddy on marine drive once. I ordered a breakfast, finished it, and my buddy found a curly strand of hair in his omelette... he didn't know what to do and all confused. The waitress insist she replace his meal, I told her not to... we're just gonna leave without paying, she's like "ok". Free breakfast for me, free hot chocolate for my buddy, drove down the street to white spot and my buddy got an egg benedict.

For me, if I find there is shit in my food or if my food is not prepared like it should (hot, cooked, etc.) I'd just leave.
^ That's pretty fucked up man. A lot of places charge the server if someone skips on the bill.

Complain, if a manager comps the one meal, great. Don't fucking walk out on paying your bill too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #204
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Please do not get up and leave.. sounds like a pretty pussy thing to do
bossha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #205

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Umm no. You are not "entitled" to NOT pay the bill. If you do so, it is to the restaurant's discretion. Not yours. If you don't want to pay for the bill because food or service was subpar, you let someone know and they will do their best to remedy it whether or not their remedy was to your standards is up to you. The LAW is that you have to pay because it is an exchange of goods.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #206
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:

You do know that you have the right to not pay for food that is not up to your expectations right? It is not against the law nor a crime to walk out of a restaurant after eating the food, and claim that you are dissatisfied with it. The worst they can do is not welcome you to their business again.

For me, if I find there is shit in my food or if my food is not prepared like it should (hot, cooked, etc.) I'd just leave. If there is something wrong with it, there will probably be something wrong again, but without you noticing it especially after you complained.
how would you like it if you provided a service and at the end the customer said your service sucks and just bail on your payment?
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #207
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post
at the end of the day, bacon is bacon ...
Depends if you're eating it or earing it

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #208
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:

The key line in your story is that you told her you're not paying and she agreed. There's a big difference between doing that rather than eating it all and just leaving. One is called dine and dash which is illegal while the other is you essentially making a complaint and the establishment dealing with it by making your meal complimentary to make up for the unsatisfactory visit. Don't give stupid advise saying it's okay to eat and just walk out without paying when you yourself told them about it and had the waitress say "ok" or agree to you saying you're not paying for the meal when you found a hair in it.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2014, 10:06 PM   #209
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I'm really happy this thread got interesting again... Thanks for being such a heartless young punk mr_chin
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #210
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:

So what your saying is, I can do this to every resturant and just nitpick my way to try and find everything little thing wrong and get free food everyday... DAYUM... here I was doing it wrong all my life, paying my bill
Old 12-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #211
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
mr_chin failed to tell us that him and his friend went to Denny's on the day of their shared birth date and walked out on their free breakfast
Old 12-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #212
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
I ordered a breakfast, finished it, and my buddy found a curly strand of hair in his omelette...

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #213
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:

And here I was paying for my food like a chump.

Brb, going to go to some fine dining restaurants and getting my piece of the free pie.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2014, 10:05 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_city23 View Post
The key line in your story is that you told her you're not paying and she agreed. There's a big difference between doing that rather than eating it all and just leaving. One is called dine and dash which is illegal while the other is you essentially making a complaint and the establishment dealing with it by making your meal complimentary to make up for the unsatisfactory visit. Don't give stupid advise saying it's okay to eat and just walk out without paying when you yourself told them about it and had the waitress say "ok" or agree to you saying you're not paying for the meal when you found a hair in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin
It is not against the law nor a crime to walk out of a restaurant after eating the food, and claim that you are dissatisfied with it
this is what i clearly state, i didn't say just walk out without saying anything, that would then be dine and dash.

what i described is not something many people will do because it's way below anyone who even have a little bit of moral and decency.

what I described in my original post is not consider a stupid advice. you and everybody who had no idea should probably know and/or do some research on your right as a paying customer at a restaurant. it's also not an advice that came out of my ass or i dug up on, my buddy who graduated from criminology told me about it. something to do with the charter of rights. most services or products where you pay after receiving it, you are in every control and right to not pay for it if you're not satisfied because there is no binding contract between you and seller that you must pay. phone bill, rent, etc. is where you must pay because you signed a contract/agreement.

if you find anything (bug, hair, etc.) in your food, it's better leaving than having the chef make you a new one. personally, i would not give food safety and hygiene a second chance.

the OP described that his food was served cold and had every right in his position to not pay for the food, which goes accurately to what i described and advised. in this case, i would give the chef a second chance to make a new one and if repeat, then i would just tell the waiter/waitress goodbye.

to everybody else, yes, at the end of your meal, you can find any excuse with your food and just leave the restaurant. only down side is, you will not be allowed at that restaurant again (or any other, if it's a franchise) and you will create a big scene unless you throw a dead fly on your plate at the end of your meal because no waiter/waitress/manager would want a big scene about a bug in their food, they rather let you go in silence.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #215
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
this is what i clearly state, i didn't say just walk out without saying anything, that would then be dine and dash.

what i described is not something many people will do because it's way below anyone who even have a little bit of moral and decency.

what I described in my original post is not consider a stupid advice. you and everybody who had no idea should probably know and/or do some research on your right as a paying customer at a restaurant. it's also not an advice that came out of my ass or i dug up on, my buddy who graduated from criminology told me about it. something to do with the charter of rights. most services or products where you pay after receiving it, you are in every control and right to not pay for it if you're not satisfied because there is no binding contract between you and seller that you must pay. phone bill, rent, etc. is where you must pay because you signed a contract/agreement.

if you find anything (bug, hair, etc.) in your food, it's better leaving than having the chef make you a new one. personally, i would not give food safety and hygiene a second chance.

the OP described that his food was served cold and had every right in his position to not pay for the food, which goes accurately to what i described and advised. in this case, i would give the chef a second chance to make a new one and if repeat, then i would just tell the waiter/waitress goodbye.

to everybody else, yes, at the end of your meal, you can find any excuse with your food and just leave the restaurant. only down side is, you will not be allowed at that restaurant again (or any other, if it's a franchise) and you will create a big scene unless you throw a dead fly on your plate at the end of your meal because no waiter/waitress/manager would want a big scene about a bug in their food, they rather let you go in silence.
What are you on about?

You didn't sign a contract therefore you can walk out without paying? The charter of rights and freedoms?

Seriously what the hell am I reading?

I'd love to see you explain that to the cops. "Sorry officer, but I never signed a contract to buy that Big Mac; therefore, I just ate it and walked out."

Just because there was not a signed contract does not mean there was not a binding exchange which both parties agreed/understood would take place.

When you walk into an establishment, take a seat, look at a menu with set prices, then order an item off that menu, there is the express understanding that you will then pay for the services rendered to make that meal happen. Regardless of how you felt about how that service was rendered. The server could have dropped it in your lap for all I care. Your obligation at that point is to pay for that food.

Now whether a restaurant will make you pay for having your breakfast dumped on your lap, or not, is an entirely different topic. If they did I would probably make a thread on here, but I would still have to legally pay for the meal.

What's next your going to walk into a clothing store, and just walk out with a bunch of clothes claiming that you never signed a contract agreeing to pay for the clothes?

Are you a freeman by chance?

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2014, 10:34 PM   #216
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
it's also not an advice that came out of my ass or i dug up on, my buddy who graduated from criminology told me about it.
Because someone with a BA is clearly an expert at interpreting the law.

It's pretty hypocritical for you to tell us to do research on the topic when you have nothing more than anecdotal evidence from a novice source.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #217
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:

Nice way to distant yourself from your claim.
Retrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #218
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
it's also not an advice that came out of my ass or i dug up on, my buddy who graduated from criminology told me about it. something to do with the charter of rights.
Considering you're already on the internet and therefore more than able to perform proper research, this is literally one of the shittiest sources of information you could have used.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2014, 10:55 PM   #219
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Wasn't the incident first described that he thought his food was cold, ate it and then short changed the bill? He didn't say anything when he received it, he ate it, and then thought he can decide how much he pays for it. Your example although flawed is pointless because it doesn't apply to this situation.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:58 PM   #220
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
"I started my car after I filled it up and it just doesn't feel right. I'm not satisfied and refuse to pay cause no contract."

amidoingitrite?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #221
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Quote:

that is the most absurd shit i have heard all year.

what you just said are:

a) that you have very little to no morals or decency.

b) most services or products where you pay after receiving it is called a transaction of goods. you exchange a product for another (this case, money for food) thats why there is a receipt. that itself is essentially a contract.

c) and you watch too much tv. most establishments won't ever even give that a thought. there is just too much to lose over a dish that has to be remade.

man, i would love to see a contract that needs to be written up for every transaction ever made.

wtf happened to common sense?
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2014, 11:34 PM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
What are you on about?

You didn't sign a contract therefore you can walk out without paying? The charter of rights and freedoms?

Seriously what the hell am I reading?
Hey, don't get all butthurt on me. Read what I wrote about where I learned it, before you start spewing your rage.

Quote:
I'd love to see you explain that to the cops. "Sorry officer, but I never signed a contract to buy that Big Mac; therefore, I just ate it and walked out."
If you're deciding not to pay, obviously you're not going to be cocky about it. Like I said, many many people don't have the decency or immoral to eat, complain and leave, so chill out bro. It is what it is.

Quote:
Just because there was not a signed contract does not mean there was not a binding exchange which both parties agreed/understood would take place.
It doesn't mean there is either... so the customer has the upper hand because he/she can find almost any excuse to not pay.

Quote:
When you walk into an establishment, take a seat, look at a menu with set prices, then order an item off that menu, there is the express understanding that you will then pay for the services rendered to make that meal happen. Regardless of how you felt about how that service was rendered. The server could have dropped it in your lap for all I care. Your obligation at that point is to pay for that food.

Now whether a restaurant will make you pay for having your breakfast dumped on your lap, or not, is an entirely different topic. If they did I would probably make a thread on here, but I would still have to legally pay for the meal.
What do you mean "but I would still have to legally pay for the meal"? If you walk into a restaurant, ordered a meal, and it didn't come as described on the menu, you would pay for it? If they served your food on a plunger, used condoms, used panties, you'd still pay for it?

If you ordered a three course meal and they only serve you two, you'd pay for three? I mean, decency is decency, but you should also have some sense of pride and principals before you actually pay for a service.

Quote:
What's next your going to walk into a clothing store, and just walk out with a bunch of clothes claiming that you never signed a contract agreeing to pay for the clothes?

Are you a freeman by chance?
That would be theft.

However, customers have the right to return products for full refund within 2 years of purchasing product unless there is written agreement that states the duration of refund/exchange or no refund/exchange.

Whether buying products at a mall or getting service from a restaurant, the same rule applies for customers. Eating at a restaurant, and later discovering that there is something wrong with the food, is similar to getting a full refund.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Because someone with a BA is clearly an expert at interpreting the law.

It's pretty hypocritical for you to tell us to do research on the topic when you have nothing more than anecdotal evidence from a novice source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrac View Post
Nice way to distant yourself from your claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Considering you're already on the internet and therefore more than able to perform proper research, this is literally one of the shittiest sources of information you could have used.
Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
"I started my car after I filled it up and it just doesn't feel right. I'm not satisfied and refuse to pay cause no contract."

amidoingitrite?
It used to be where you pay after, until the hit and runs at gas stations started happening... that's why now, you prepay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
that is the most absurd shit i have heard all year.

what you just said are:

a) that you have very little to no morals or decency.

b) most services or products where you pay after receiving it is called a transaction of goods. you exchange a product for another (this case, money for food) thats why there is a receipt. that itself is essentially a contract.

c) and you watch too much tv. most establishments won't ever even give that a thought. there is just too much to lose over a dish that has to be remade.

man, i would love to see a contract that needs to be written up for every transaction ever made.

wtf happened to common sense?
a) I don't understand. I'm stating what I know, doesn't mean that I will actually do it. If I find something wrong with my food, I will not pay for it period. Obviously I'm not gonna lie about my dissatisfaction and walk out. The same thing applies to anything you pay for it and finding wrong with it.

b) But if you didn't pay, how do you have a receipt...?

c) Wrong. Most establishment rather remake a dish because allowing you to leave and not pay, they gain nothing. The restaurant can remake your dish multiple times and still make a little profit from it.

Last edited by mr_chin; 12-29-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:52 PM   #224
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
However, customers have the right to return products for full refund within 2 years of purchasing product unless there is written agreement that states the duration of refund/exchange or no refund/exchange.

Whether buying products at a mall or getting service from a restaurant, the same rule applies for customers. Eating at a restaurant, and later discovering that there is something wrong with the food, is similar to getting a full refund.
So did they make you throw up on the spot, or did they let you come in the next day to shit?
El Dumbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2014, 11:56 PM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dumbasso View Post
So did they make you throw up on the spot, or did they let you come in the next day to shit?
If I honestly found a fly or a pube in my food, I'd throw up on the spot regardless if they let me.
This post FAILED by: