REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 12-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Remote Starter season!

How many of you guys have remote starters?
Do we really need them on our cars in BC's 'tropical' weather?

I was talking to an installer buddy of mine in Red Deer, Alberta and they do about 10-20 remote starters a day! I know that I can't live without mine that's fo sho!
Advertisement

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

I have them in all of my cars. Mostly because I start it and then drive like an ass right away. As I don't like to replace motors, I start it before I get to the car, then drive like an ass!

I also like my wife's bum to be warm in the winter and her whole body to be chill in the summer. It just seems like a no-brainer..."How to get laid without trying"

Keith McCumber
SoundsGood Auto Services
Everything we do is sound!

104-2700 Barnet Hwy Coquitlam 604-961-8626

1420 Boundary Rd. Burnaby, 604-676-8100

www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 to 6:00

Authorized dealers of: Focal, Audison, Alpine, JL, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Thinkware, Compustar, K40...

WE ACCEPT: ICBC Claims, VISA, MC, DEBIT, PAYPAL AND CASH.
installerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:44 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Hey guys, is there a way to program a compustar brain/remote to start the HVAC, after you remote start?

Ideally I'd like to start the car, then press another button to start the HVAC, so i can either warm up or cool down the cabin.

Remote is 2W901R-SS, car is an 07 accord.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:08 AM   #4
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Hey guys, is there a way to program a compustar brain/remote to start the HVAC, after you remote start?

Ideally I'd like to start the car, then press another button to start the HVAC, so i can either warm up or cool down the cabin.

You should be able to preset the AC or heat on, then when you start it will be at the last setting you left it at.

Don't think you can do hot or cold temp control from the remote. I'm sure newer cars with their data systems will eventually have something like that available. But who knows when they'll make it happen though.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Had one for years when I lived in MB and Ont. Stopped working when I moved back to BC and could care less to even check if it was just a connection issue. Not needed here, just adds pollution to the air.

There was nothing better seeing those headlights power up from the 10th floor of my apartment knowing it was -44 outside. Warmish car, and defrosted windows FTW.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #6
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

if you set everything before you park the car, it should start and retain the settings.

it does on my 03.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
You should be able to preset the AC or heat on, then when you start it will be at the last setting you left it at.

Don't think you can do hot or cold temp control from the remote. I'm sure newer cars with their data systems will eventually have something like that available. But who knows when they'll make it happen though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
if you set everything before you park the car, it should start and retain the settings.

it does on my 03.
I do this as much as I can, but sometimes I forget..

Also, hard switches (seat warmers, mirror heaters, etc.) will work, but not electronic ones such as the rear defroster.

I'm just seeing if it's an option, as I remember seeing years ago that certain functions could be programmed into the compustar brain, and use the function keys of the remote.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #8
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Some electronics are data controlled and are 'off' each time you start the vehicle. For instance, new Dodge Rams with heated seats - unless you bypass the BCM, there is no way to really 'switch them on'. Otherwise yes, crank everything on the night before. On really cold days you might forget once or twice which sucks but your frozen ass will remind you next time. Lol.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote