REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:10 AM   #26
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
This is annoying... why not your buddy just consult a lawyer on the matter?

What more information can the members of this site offer, it already seems like nobody has had experience on this. You are paving the way, tell your buddy to talk to a lawyer then keep us updated on this so that in case this happens to our members in the future they will have something to go on.

AND...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post

I'm basically getting the hint that he's not gonna get the money back.

How did you come to that conclusion? Nobody said that or hinted at him not getting his money back from it, but as you can tell nobody, reading this thread, has been through this before.
Advertisement
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2014, 03:40 AM   #27
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
This is annoying... why not your buddy just consult a lawyer on the matter?

What more information can the members of this site offer, it already seems like nobody has had experience on this. You are paving the way, tell your buddy to talk to a lawyer then keep us updated on this so that in case this happens to our members in the future they will have something to go on.

AND...

How did you come to that conclusion? Nobody said that or hinted at him not getting his money back from it, but as you can tell nobody, reading this thread, has been through this before.
Consulted with 2 lawyers. Showed them all the paperwork and receipts for the impound lot. When they read the cases they agreed that the police officers were in the wrong all 3 times 100%. The lawyers were actually quite shocked about how the police officers acted in this harassment type manner.

However they wanted 75% of the money once they got it. They wouldn't tell us how because they knew we would just get the money back without them. I understand that since they are lawyers and at the end of the day they need to eat too.

I was trying to figure out a way to not go through them to get all the cash back but it does seem it's the only route to go

Do you know any good lawyers personally that we can talk to? Ones that would tell us how to get the money back?

When I said basically no way to get the money back I meant without a lawyer. But there has to be a way to get the money back without a lawyer

It seems like I won't get that answer here because most members in this thread are still dwelling on the fact that police officers cannot be wrong in any situation. Ill start looking else where for the answer

Last edited by Happy; 12-14-2014 at 03:45 AM.
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #28
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
fck.. if i was a cop and came across "your friend" based on what i see here.. i would do the same

you just needa calm down. no one will be willing to help you if you are being a defensive dick. take a step back and read what you have posted. it is ridiculous and of course people are going to doubt what you are saying is true. but maybe if you kept a level head people will be more willing to help regardless of how unlikely the situation may be.

thats my help.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #29
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
If you are certain the officers done goofed, then try filing a complaint here
https://www.opcc.bc.ca/
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #30
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
I still don't really get what is going on here.. Why was your friend initially prohibited from driving? Was he wrongfully accused on X amount of MVA charges where he didn't do what he was charged for those times as well?

To be charged or arrested by three different police officers on three difference occasions for prohibited driving, I highly doubt he was "wrongfully" accused all three times. Like mentioned, just because he wasn't convicted, it doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Secondly, the lawyers being shocked by how he was harassed? Based on what? Your friend's version of the incident only? Cool. One side of the story generally is the truth right?

Lastly, Police can arrest on reasonable grounds (google reasonable grounds). Just because you are arrested doesn't mean you are going to be charged or convicted. People are arrested and released all the time. You can make it easy or hard on yourself by being a dick when arrested or detained even if you didn't do anything wrong. Police are given pieces of information regarding a crime, and use that to attempt to identify possible Suspects. If you happen to match the description of a Suspect of a crime and happen to be in the area, it's a shitty deal, but the Police are just doing their job.

I know Police officers make mistakes, and I know some can be rude.... But again, I find it very very very hard to believe your friend was "harassed" by three different cops on three totally separate occasions.

So are you going to answer the question regarding why your friend was initially prohibited in the first place?
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #31
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
You know he did say a few times that the first 2 incidents were with the same officer, right?
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #32
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
You know he did say a few times that the first 2 incidents were with the same officer, right?
He also said a bunch of things that don't make sense/add up. Gotta love heresay. Accurate 100% of the time, never.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #33
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
He also said a bunch of things that don't make sense/add up. Gotta love heresay. Accurate 100% of the time, never.

I kinda gave up. His posts had more twists and turns than the S2S Hwy...and more contradictions than a Justin Trudeau policy statement.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 02:24 AM   #34
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

He found a lawyer that was willing to take only 40% and give him 60% which is good enough. Ill update you guys when he gets the money back.

His dash cam footage contradicts the police officers statements so should be pretty straight forward getting the money back
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
LMAO, your friend is an IDIOT.

He'e been charged but not convicted many times.....real winner there.
They should be able to double fees for sheer stupidity.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 08:02 AM   #36
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
Something tells me that theres more to the story. You can try to make the argument that a cop was having a bad day and took it out on him but 3 different cops in the 3 different situations...

And although i know the answer, i refuse to answer anything in the Police Forum that starts with "one of my friends"

lol i stopped reading the thread halfway, there's too many stories.

if your friend really wanted advice on how to get his money back he should have posted here himself.

but yes, please tell us more about your friend.

Spoiler!
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #37
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts

Sorry, couldn't resist...my bad.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #38
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Where did I state small claims court? I never once said that. I stated that for small cases like driving while prohibited. I never once said small claims court. You should learn how to read.

Do you want pictures of the impound fees?

I stated that he's never been CONVICTED of a driving charge or criminal charge. That's what I meant when I said he had a "clean record"

He lost his license once. The first 2 times he got charged his brother was driving his car. Like I said both times he wasn't even in the car at the time he was getting charged. The police officer ILLEGALLY searched him and still couldn't find his keys on him because he WASN'T driving. His brother had the keys.

He wouldn't allow my friend to call his brother down from the apartment he was in. He wouldn't allow me to record what was going on from my phone. He kept threatening us with charging us with "obstruction to justice" if we called his brother or recorded the incident. It was on a public road way. It's fucking sad when a police officer can abuse his power and not even let us have our rights.

Both times the police officer towed his car with the alarm going off because they never had the key. The police officer even told the tow truck driver to ILLEGALLY open his car. I started yelling at the tow truck driver that he can't do that. Then he stopped trying to open the car.

Luckily there was no damage to the car since the e-brake was intact. Good thing the tow driver knew what he was doing.

I even asked both times if the police officer SAW him driving. He responded with "no but I'm still going to charge his ass and impound his car".

Seriously you act like there's no cops out there that harass people for no reason.
so first 2 times the car was pulled over.. he got charged while he was not in the car so where was the car? on the road? in a parking lot? if it's on the road, where was your friend? you said he's not in the car.. so is he at home? or he's outside the car? if he's outside the car how'd he manage to be outside the car on the road? if he's nowhere near the scene the cop came to his house to search him and arrest him? i'm so confused about the part where you said he's not in the car... i don't care how bad of a day an officer is having.. i don't see them randomly pull over the same car twice with the person "not in" the car and search and charge him. Actually you said they didn't find keys on him.. so that's implying the car was parked then? otherwise the keys will probably still be in the ignition? so many points to the story that doesn't make sense.. i'm not saying you or your friend is lying.. but there's too many contradiction in the story
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #39
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
You seem to have a lot of answers for someone who wasn't actually involved in all the dealings here...

Unless you're friend is the devil living on your shoulder you can drop the act.

If I recall correctly when you receive a roadside prohibition (or excessive speed) and the tow truck comes, even if you successfully dispute the ticket you are still on the hook for the tow truck, and any impound fees stemming from that.

^Don't know if that helps, cause frankly I don't feel like wading through the bullshit posts of you defending your "friends" actions to find the pertinent information to the case.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 12-16-2014 at 09:00 PM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2015, 03:11 PM   #40
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Tried already, kept getting the run around. Already called 20 times in a span of 3 months
If this about trying to get your buddies money back, why would YOU call 20 times in the span of three months?

Unless your busy is you know, you.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:12 PM   #41
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
regardless of wtf went on, i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

holy fuck i feel for you my man. you're just trying to ask a questions and man after 2 pages you're still not getting any advice / help here.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #42
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
regardless of wtf went on, i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

holy fuck i feel for you my man. you're just trying to ask a questions and man after 2 pages you're still not getting any advice / help here.
because his story is filled with more holes than Dan Cloutier's trapper.
This post thanked by: